Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 93

Re: Chapter 54 : page 93

Postby El Bandito » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:04 am

That's a big drow.
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby MagicSkyshark » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:31 am

A proper Sargh warrior )))
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Irae Maeviir » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:48 am

What's that people sometimes say? "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"? Does that mean Chakri is now worth twice as much as she was before?
Irae Maeviir
Tainted

Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Postby Thrair » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:24 am

Aw crap. It's hard to see, but I just noticed one of the feldian guards shot Chakri in the back while she was still at Adira's throat. Can see a bolt hit in the 4th panel, and it's barely visible in the last panel above Roma's speech bubble.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Postby MagicSkyshark » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:58 am

Thrair wrote:Aw crap. It's hard to see, but I just noticed one of the feldian guards shot Chakri in the back while she was still at Adira's throat. Can see a bolt hit in the 4th panel, and it's barely visible in the last panel above Roma's speech bubble.

ooops...
i thought that she would be captured alive after all, but, alas (

Also, i guess those bolts that hit Romakela were mostly intended for Chakri
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Postby Junglefowl26 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Poor Chakiri. Fought so hard, and came so close, only to have it literally snatched away at the last second.

And so falls apart Kel's plan. Now the heroes are trapped and hopelessly outnumbered. I have no idea how they will get out of this one.

Finally - wow she is big. Just straight up handed lifted a drow - are we sure she isn't Quain's real daughter? ;p

Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo wrote:I call bullcrap, more so, what the hell do they expect Ariel's group to do? Just lie down and take the slamming of their colony and not do ANYTHING about it? They got the airship, and then they get marked? What the heck type of sense does that even make. In this case the Nids were the ones that decided to toss the first stone, and Ariel's group is to blame? Yes, yes the attacking other Nid controlled colonies, but like seriously this was turn about fair play/a taste of own medicine. Seriously, I don't give a crap what anyone's reasons are. This is nonsensical.

Don't assume that the characters in the comic know the same things that we do.

I doubt that when the Legion was called up, the Nids went "We totally launched an unprovoked attack on a peaceful colony and now they are defending themselves, please help."
Probably more something more like "Machtike has attacked a diplomat and is in open rebellion. Restore order." Probably doesn't help that Ariel allied with Mimians, as there have been hints that Snad is trying to unite everyone by starting a war with the Mimians, who are old rivals of Chel.

Furthermore, not all Sarghress are idealists. Plenty of them don't care about right and wrong, so long as they get paid or get to crack some skulls.

Finally, I find it hard to believe that people in this day and age can have trouble believing that people can get self-righteous about the most indefensible positions.

I mean, history is full of brutal repressions and reprisals for the most mild and justified of resistance, and many will side with those in charge for no other reason than being in charge. Tsar Nicholas the Second massacred peaceful protestors carrying signs proclaiming their love for him and many supported him afterwards. Similarly, one English king promised safe passage and negotiations to some peasant rebels (who, again, were loyal to the king and were rebelling against what they saw as evil local officials) and then ambushed and slaughtered them at the peace talks - this did little to weaken the king's support.

Irae Maeviir wrote:What's that people sometimes say? "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"? Does that mean Chakri is now worth twice as much as she was before?

Probably.

But I bet she doesn't feel like it.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Whizzard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Where did Adira steal that protagonist plot armor? Must have been Kel's.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby MagicSkyshark » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:25 pm

She just has some HP left from the first encounter ; )
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:44 am

Well. We at least have proof that part of Kel and Ariel's part worked. The Nid "alliance" was firing on the Legion.

Wasn't effective, but it happened.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Kardwill » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:58 am

Cladriah wrote:
Kardwill wrote:
Mizu wrote:I can't tell, did she manage to get it deep enough to kill her before she was stopped or did she just manage a nick?

When did a last-ditch suicidal desperate charge ever achieve anything in this comic? Just a graze, obviously (although it's the kind of graze that should sting a little. I mean, stopping a sword thrust with your bare fingers? Ouch!)

Looks like Kel's plan officially went down the crapper, even after the owl sacrificed themselves to make it happen. Poor mimians.

Quain

Oops, forgot this one.
Kardwill
Summoner

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo wrote:I call bullcrap, more so, what the hell do they expect Ariel's group to do? Just lie down and take the slamming of their colony and not do ANYTHING about it? They got the airship, and then they get marked? What the heck type of sense does that even make. In this case the Nids were the ones that decided to toss the first stone, and Ariel's group is to blame? Yes, yes the attacking other Nid controlled colonies, but like seriously this was turn about fair play/a taste of own medicine. Seriously, I don't give a crap what anyone's reasons are. This is nonsensical.

Can't speak for the rank and file, but the leadership? Yeah, totally in on it. The legion was the backup plan in case the airship "pacification" failed from the get go. If the Legion were called in afterwards, Bae, who was captured on the airship, would not have been able to give warning.

Aside from those who just like to crack skulls or simply get paid, we can assume the legion is following Sang because they think she's in charge. Quain is dead. Su'ube is dead. Koil'dorath abdicated in the wake of the mess following the mutual kill with Quain. Ariel was in Matchike when "communications went dead," and a massive goblin army attacked, and Ariel's had lots of assassins come after her. Why wouldn't the legion think Sang is working in their best interests?
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:32 pm

Mmmm... now I wonder if Kern is making Ariel & co's situation so desperate in order to push them to use the tower's giant nether gate in a nastier, more aggresive way, escalating the current sh*tstorm even closer to extinction event levels...

One way or another, I suspect drow species is screwed...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Moric » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:33 am

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Mmmm... now I wonder if Kern is making Ariel & co's situation so desperate in order to push them to use the tower's giant nether gate in a nastier, more aggresive way, escalating the current sh*tstorm even closer to extinction event levels...

One way or another, I suspect drow species is screwed...

More likely that Ariel will broadcast that they have complete control of said gate, now that the nurses are gone. Adira immediately and literally defecates an ASTM C216 upon hearing this. Sang, after suggesting that Adira change her pants and dispense with the masonry, demands an explanation. Adira explains that Ariel has free reign on a massive WMD that can instantly kill anyone, or everyone, according to her slightest whim; game over.

Sang decides this is a good time for negotiations....
Moric
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Previous

Return to Moonless Age