Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 90

Chapter 54 : page 90

Postby Kern » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:05 am

The legion arrives , having somehow passed through every defenses on the way.
Or perhaps having destroyed everything on their way. Chakri wanted to disrupt the army and possibly get at their commander. She hasn't done the later but she sure kept them busy long enough.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 90

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:37 am

The legion arrives , having somehow passed through every defenses on the way.

I would assume that the most likely explanation is that they let the Feldian and alliance forces know that they are hunting the attackers?
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Whizzard » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:10 am

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Chakri gains 20 000 EXP!
Level up!
Chakri is now level 35!
Chakri has unlocked Backflip evasion rank 2 skill! Backflip evasion now stuns your target and gives additional 10% movement speed boost!

Return to questgiver Ariel for quest reward and additional quests.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:13 am

Hmm, so it was more a manoeuver than a simple reckless challenge to Adira. Good job Chakri, although it seems to have costed the Mimians a lot of warriors.

Now it seems everything is going to be decided now : assuming the Legion passed through without fighting the Feldians, Adira is about to cut her from her reenforcement, letting the insurgent the upper hand. If the trooper manages to prevent her commander to do that big mistake, Ariel's pack situation is likely to be desperate...

If Sang had to fight her way through the defenses, there is a good chance none of the previous matters : either way, a third player enters the battlefield.

'Can't wait to see the next page!
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby ohriniel666 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:28 pm

It's amazingly beautiful. *doh*
I can see a tough guys come here. True Sargs and real heirs of Quain'tana, rather than Ariel and Co*.
Glory to the Legion! *wee*
ohriniel666
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:47 pm

And Adira is about to fire on Sang's forces...

Nid commanders never listen to subordinates...

Oh this will be glorious when Sang has to choose fighting her Feldian "allies" or fleeing in disgrace...

HAHAHA! Can't wait.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moatl » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:42 pm

I wonder on which side Sang and her clan stand.
Ariel's leave from Chel was too chaotic to decide, by now.
Kor'maril was one of Ariel's first allies in the very first DT story; but the stories of this world-setting are gone long time ago…
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Nothingness » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:00 pm

ohriniel666 wrote:It's amazingly beautiful. *doh*
I can see a tough guys come here. True Sargs and real heirs of Quain'tana, rather than Ariel and Co*.

You are aware Quain'tana would never agree with that? With these are dogs (of Snadhya and Sharen), being her heirs?

Sang sold her butt to Snadhya, and Sharen, despite the Sharen maiming her.

In other words, she's a beaten dog on a chain, not a wolf.

Quain, wouldn't just kill Sang for this - she would torture her to death for this.

Snadhya and and her servants, embody the worst of Sharen, or at least what Quain'tana hated the most - this is why in part, she treated Mel, as she did.

Sang and her raiders (at least those who fully agree with her) are traitors, false wolves, sterilized dogs.

Don't tell me they try to save Sarghress, by allying with the stronger - they at least know what abominations Snadhya created, and what does, or Sang is ridiculesly stupid. If you have a negative view of Ariel, at least she saw through Sandhya's manipulations, something Sang isn't able, or has a really bad Intelligence gathering network.

And true wolf wouldn't become subject to Sharen and Snadhya, betray and hunt their own pack for their new masters.

Ariel and co fight, and essentially succed, despite being actually disadventaged - exactly like Quain in youth, and the first Sarghress. As wolves, can take down a bigger opponent. Ariel is now infinitelly more of more of a wolf now, than what Sang is, and by extension the Legion.

As can you really claim Quain wouldn't kill Sang for this, and probably execute the rest of the legion's command?

Moatl wrote:I wonder on which side Sang and her clan stand.
Kor'maril was one of Ariel's first allies in the very first DT story; but the stories of this world-setting are gone long time ago…

Sang is very probably on the Feldians' side, or at least against Ariel and Co. - it outright seems to part of Ariel and Co's plan to to have Feldians attack the Legion. Kor'maril and part of the Legion though, might defect and become Ariel's alies, or even join her group.
Last edited by Nothingness on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothingness
Tainted

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:58 pm

now, this is the same Sangress army that attacked Shikomei and fired on the Mistwhale knowing that Ariel and Kel's faction owned it, right? orrr...waitaminnit...what if they DIDN'T know Ariel and Kel were on board? :@ all we have to go on is Romakela at Ys saying she found their "prey". but she didn't specify Ariel and Kel's faction, she saw the Mistwhale circling the council tower and smoke rising, right? now bear with me here...what if the Sangress AREN'T out to get Ariel and Kel? what if the Sangress is one of the clans Kel spoke of to Kyo regarding the secret meetings? *eek* because I just checked, and I can't see a single panel where any member of the Sangress specifically said they were after Ariel and Kel's faction. they followed the Mistwhale, they attacked the Kyorl colony of Shikomei, and here they are in Felde, following the airship. if Sang and company are shown to be buddy-buddy with the Feldians, then I'll buy that they're Ariel's enemies. this also dovetails with the fact that Sang hates the Sharen with a passion, and much of the Sarghress hate Vals to begin with, thus the Sangress being pawns of the Snadhya-influenced Alliance never really rang true to me. I suppose the next page or two will answer this definitively, but I'm holding out hope that the Sangress are allied with Kel after all ;)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear

Postby Silverrain » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Basileus_Ioannis wrote: I suppose the next page or two will answer this definitively, but I'm holding out hope that the Sangress are allied with Kel after all ;)

That would certainly be better than having the Wolfpack die in Felde, but if I remember everything right, that would mean that everyone except Ariel was working together, and that the remaining leaders are perpetuating Quaintana's mistakes. How can you have a leader who can't make her own decisions and doesn't know who her allies are? And if they never intend for Ariel to be more than a symbol or figurehead, what will she do when she figures that out? (see also: Suube) Yes, Ariel is young and reckless and inexperienced, but she won't learn any better if her advisors (?) don't bother to advise.
Silverrain
Summoner

Postby Moric » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:now, this is the same Sangress army that attacked Shikomei and fired on the Mistwhale knowing that Ariel and Kel's faction owned it, right? orrr...waitaminnit...what if they DIDN'T know Ariel and Kel were on board? :@ all we have to go on is Romakela at Ys saying she found their "prey". but she didn't specify Ariel and Kel's faction, she saw the Mistwhale circling the council tower and smoke rising, right? now bear with me here...what if the Sangress AREN'T out to get Ariel and Kel? what if the Sangress is one of the clans Kel spoke of to Kyo regarding the secret meetings? *eek* because I just checked, and I can't see a single panel where any member of the Sangress specifically said they were after Ariel and Kel's faction. they followed the Mistwhale, they attacked the Kyorl colony of Shikomei, and here they are in Felde, following the airship. if Sang and company are shown to be buddy-buddy with the Feldians, then I'll buy that they're Ariel's enemies. this also dovetails with the fact that Sang hates the Sharen with a passion, and much of the Sarghress hate Vals to begin with, thus the Sangress being pawns of the Snadhya-influenced Alliance never really rang true to me. I suppose the next page or two will answer this definitively, but I'm holding out hope that the Sangress are allied with Kel after all ;)

Mablevi was there and stuck a dagger into Kel'noz's chest. He would certainly know who Kel'noz is, and did it anyways. No, make no mistake about it, for Sang is there for Ariel's head; whether that intention will be redirected is of vast importance.

Nothingness wrote:
ohriniel666 wrote:It's amazingly beautiful. *doh*

You are aware Quain'tana would never agree with that? With these are dogs (of Snadhya and Sharen), being her heirs?

Quain, wouldn't just kill Sang for this - she would torture her to death for this.

Snadhya and and her servants, embody the worst of Sharen, or at least what Quain'tana hated the most - this is why in part, she treated Mel, as she did.

Sang and her raiders (at least those who fully agree with her) are traitors, false wolves, sterilized dogs.

Don't tell me they try to save Sarghress, by allying with the stronger - they at least know what abominations Snadhya created, and what does, or Sang is ridiculesly stupid. If you have a negative view of Ariel, at least she saw through Sandhya's manipulations, something Sang isn't able, or has a really bad Intelligence gathering network.

And true wolf wouldn't become subject to Sharen and Snadhya, betray and hunt their own pack for their new masters.

Ariel and co fight, and essentially succed, despite being actually disadventaged - exactly like Quain in youth, and the first Sarghress. As wolves, can take down a bigger opponent. Ariel is now infinitelly more of more of a wolf now, than what Sang is, and by extension the Legion.

As can you really claim Quain wouldn't kill Sang for this, and probably execute the rest of the legion's command?

Moatl wrote:I wonder on which side Sang and her clan stand.

Sang is very probably on the Feldians' side, or at least against Ariel and Co. - it outright seems to part of Ariel and Co's plan to to have Feldians attack the Legion. Kor'maril and part of the Legion though, might defect and become Ariel's alies, or even join her group.

We don't know Sang's motives yet. She may be a full Nidraa'chal, or she may be selfishly taking the clan for her own, or she may just think that Ariel will be as useless as Mel'arnach was, and thus a terrible risk to the survival of her clan, her family, and herself.

I think that Sang was, at least since yesterday, in a non-aggression stance with Felde. There's only so much friendly fire that will be tolerated though, and Chakri made sure that mistakes were made in this regard. Methinks this is a critical aspect of the Wolfpack strategy, to force Sang into becoming an outlaw too. If Sang is not a full Nid, then perhaps she will take stock of the situation...
Moric
Demon

Postby Junglefowl26 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:53 am

Wait, hold on - in panel 3, is that ...can it be? I think that is a big tikitiki with a cannon on it! :D

...Does anyone else remember that the alliance with the Sharen was Quain's idea?

(Well, technically Ash's, but Quain made it happen)

Don't tell me they try to save Sarghress, by allying with the stronger - they at least know what abominations Snadhya created, and what does, or Sang is ridiculesly stupid.

The alternative is still a war with everyone. A war the Sarghress cannot win, or at least would be absurdly bloody if winnable.

I suppose the next page or two will answer this definitively, but I'm holding out hope that the Sangress are allied with Kel after all

As someone who bought a cameo of that faction, I hope not.

I want to be a bad guy dammit.

Plus, the Sarghress internal divisions are deep and interesting enough to not just be paved over by some same clan sentiment, particularly since the recent chapters have been about the collapse of the clan system.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby almondbiscuit » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:50 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:

...Does anyone else remember that the alliance with the Sharen was Quain's idea?

(Well, technically Ash's, but Quain made it happen)

Unless Sang doesn't know that Snadhya is in charge of the Sharen side of the alliance now (and if she truly is supposed to be in non-aggression with the Feldians, she can't not know), she still sold herself and all her allied soldiers to someone Quain was still actively trying to kill at the time she died.

Obviously we have no idea if Snadhya would have been insane enough to try and take over her baby sister's faction if Quain had still been alive, but if she had, I imagine the alliance wouldn't have lasted beyond one more meeting- for Quain to promptly attempt to put a sword through her. And yet here's Sang.
almondbiscuit
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:51 am

Moric wrote:Mablevi was there and stuck a dagger into Kel'noz's chest. He would certainly know who Kel'noz is, and did it anyways. No, Make no mistake, for Sang is there for Ariel's head; whether that intention is redirected is of vast importance.

ack :U I had a mental block about Mablevi's deliberate attack on Kel, thanks for reminding me
Junglefowl26 wrote:
I suppose the next page or two will answer this definitively, but I'm holding out hope that the Sangress are allied with Kel after all
As someone who bought a cameo of that faction, I hope not.

I want to be a bad guy dammit.

Plus, the Sarghress internal divisions are deep and interesting enough to not just be paved over by some same clan sentiment, particularly since the recent chapters have been about the collapse of the clan system.

point taken B) so it's not the allegiance of the Sangress that's in question, but whether the Feldian army will fight the Sangress to ruin or not that will be determined in the next page...
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear

Postby 'Lement » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:26 am

For comparision, here's highland raiders entering.

This is nice.

Oh, and Sarghress twelve thousand members keep wowing the tiny Nidra'chaal.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Next

Return to Moonless Age