Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 88

Chapter 54 : page 88

Postby Kern » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:45 am

The fight worsen with bloodshed and the city getting damaged.
Ship is now severely damage, their canons shooting at their own city and tower. Owls and feldians dieing and worst of all, both Adira and Chakri lost their cloak, scandalous!
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 88

Postby Ganurath » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:56 am

Adira will be disappointed to learn that this is brisk weather for Chakri, and that she dressed in layers accordingly.
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Moatl » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:13 am

Na, just wait a view pages, Adira and Chakri will continue the fighting in Bikinis on Daydream. :P
Moatl
Vel'akar

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:43 am

Ahaaa, I told you she was alive, though a little roasted! *lol*

The fight looks ugly, but that's what war is, alas. On a (very) cynical note, in case of an "Insurgent" victory (let's call Ariel's followers that, considering it goes far beyond the wolfpack now), the less Mimians remain, the less Ariel will have to deal with these temperamental allies during the necessarily complicated after battle/war negociations.

Yeah, that WAS awfully cynical...

It seems the airship will not go anywhere soon, now that the balloon is pierced for good. Long term speaking, It's probably for the best : nobody should have such firepower at hand. On the short term though, if one still had the illusion of an escape route, it's gone. This fight is a fight to death... :0

Na, just wait a view pages, Adira and Chakri will continue the fighting in Bikinis on Daydream. :P

I back that! 8P
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Ardan Styyx wrote:Ahaaa, I told you she was alive, though a little roasted! *lol*

The fight looks ugly, but that's what war is, alas. On a (very) cynical note, in case of an "Insurgent" victory (let's call Ariel's followers that, considering it goes far beyond the wolfpack now), the less Mimians remain, the less Ariel will have to deal with these temperamental allies during the necessarily complicated after battle/war negociations.

Yeah, that WAS awfully cynical...

It seems the airship will not go anywhere soon, now that the balloon is pierced for good. Long term speaking, It's probably for the best : nobody should have such firepower at hand. On the short term though, if one still had the illusion of an escape route, it's gone. This fight is a fight to death... :0

I back that! 8P

Escape was never an option. Ariel, more than anyone, knows how vicious and single-minded the wolf-pack is in hunting down their prey. Bringing the battle to Felde means that they won't have to worry about ruining the landscape in the process of defending themselves.

Sang hasn't even shown up yet. Wonder how the Feldians will react to the "Sarg army" at the gates.

Gatekeeper: "MORE SARG AT THE EAST GATE!"

Nid Captain: "BLAST THEM YOU IDIOT!"

Sang (on approach) "They should be easy pickings here with our allies all around..."

[BOOM!]

Sang: "THOSE DAMN INGRATES! UNLEASH THE WOLVES! NO SURVIVORS!"
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:32 pm

The Mimians strike with skill and courage, but causalities mount, and their side can ill afford many causalities. Especially with that ship unable to go anywhere.

And always sad to see civilians caught in the crossfire.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby MagicSkyshark » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:57 pm

It is a terror strike on a peaceful city. (like all other colonies attacks, btw, including machike)
Of course there will be civilian casualties - it is a war going on, so... sad, but true.
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Sigh! Chakri, if you used a bladed polearm LIKE ANY REASONABLE WARRIOR WOULD DO!!! Adira would be dying due to a blade running through her bladder, colon and lower spine, and you would be the victor of this duel against the enemy commander...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby evilmike » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:20 pm

NanananananananananananananananaOWLCHICK!!!!

Holy flaming flamingo's!!!
evilmike
Summoner

Postby Thrair » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:35 am

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Sigh! Chakri, if you used a bladed polearm LIKE ANY REASONABLE WARRIOR WOULD DO!!! Adira would be dying due to a blade running through her bladder, colon and lower spine, and you would be the victor of this duel against the enemy commander...

Don't underestimate a quarterstaff. Especially one capped with metal at the ends. They are fully capable of breaking bones and caving your skull in (helmet or not).

Especially since Kern's actually having Chakri use the thing properly. She's holding it by one end and swinging it, going for a more half-way grip when thrusting. With a long stick like that, that means a lot of angular velocity. The end of that thing is gonna be moving fast. If it connects, it's gonna ruin your day.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Postby sunhawk » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:20 am

What is the mystery floater?

It crashed into another floater, but isnt designed like the usual Sharen/Feld ones.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby PSadlon » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:45 am

Even a thrust is gonna hurt like hell and can rupture organs. Hit an enemy in the xiphoid process (assuming fae share that) and you can end them as it can easily break off and damage internal organs including the heart.
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby Moatl » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:21 am

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Sigh! Chakri, if you used a bladed polearm LIKE ANY REASONABLE WARRIOR WOULD DO!!! Adira would be dying due to a blade running through her bladder, colon and lower spine, and you would be the victor of this duel against the enemy commander...

Chakri just opened Adira's bra catch – she's very skilful you know. ;)
Moatl
Vel'akar

Postby Whizzard » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:26 am

Why do people always underestimate quarterstaff? Think of this way: Staff has the crushing power of a mace and the reach of a spear. If someone is wearing an armor, you don't want a sword, you want a mace. If someone is wearing armor, you don't want a spear, you want a staff. When staff master and sword master fight, staff is going to win because sword master simply can not get near enough to staff wielder without getting his bones broken and skull caved in.

Staff simply gets bad name because it doesn't look fancy or lethal. But it is lethal, more than most melee weapons.

EDIT: I thought I should elaborate.

"If staff is so good why wasn't it more popular?"

Many reasons, most importantly: practicality, prestige and difficult to master.

Practicality: To use staff to it's fullest potential you need a LOT of room, max reach on sides abd above and even some room behind you. Not a lot of that room on a battlefield and especially in battle formations. Spear and halberd simply outperform staff in formations. Sword however was always a backup weapon in battles. You only used your sword if you lost your main weapon.

Secondly, simply carrying it around every day. Sword goes on your belt, staff always goes in your hands. And that's a problem, innit? In some countries where only knights were allowed to carry weapons, specifically swords, outside of the battlefield, staves and clubs were a lot more common, especially staves. "Peasant, why are you armed with a staff?" - "Staff, sir? Oh this, this ain't a weapon, sir! It's my walking stick!" - "Walking stick?" - "Yes! I have a bad back from field work and if I don't support it while travelling to and from the city, I'm going to end up in a crippling pain and can't work anymore!" - "Oh, I see, carry on then!" - "Thank you, lord, that's very kind of you!"

As for prestige, swords were expensive and as such if you could afford it, it was a symbol of wealth aka prestige. Staff, obviously, carries no prestige. It's a stick.

As for mastering, swords are intuitive to use. Grab the hilt and swing and you are likely to injure someone, even a skilled swordman (because you can't predict what an amateur is going to do). Staff however takes knowledge on how to even hold it (for example, proper way is to hold your main hand at the very bottom and the second hand on the quarter point [hence "quarterstaff"], for example but you can move your second hand around in order quickly change guard and reach) and then some skill to strike.

All these points mean that it wasn't the most popular weapon.

Now, mimians, they don't do formation battles, so spears are pointless, and they love duelling where staff beats sword, so... it's their weapon of choice (Christopher Walken!)!
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Moric » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:27 pm

My only problem is this, how does Chakri still have long, flowing, unsinged hair? Hair burns more easily than most cloth.
Moric
Summoner

Next

Return to Moonless Age