Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : Page 87

Re: Chapter 54 : Page 87

Postby The14th » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:02 am

MagicSkyshark wrote:taking out the artillery. especially heavy siege golems and warships.
yeah yeah, and all those felde guards around are simply standing there doing nothing
obvioulsly lacking eyes, ears and brains...

how many of these flying ****s are there? a couple of dozens?
and how many guards are there? the same number?

baah, *gives up*
trying to argue is useless in this case...

They aren't standing around doing nothing, they're either getting blown up by mana shot or dodging the shrapnel and blast waves from the mana shot that blew up the person next to them. The fog in the background is the literal fog of war, the demolition casting a haze over the position the Nids/Feldians are positioned at.
The14th
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Silverrain » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:54 am

bleak wrote:Snadhya'rune has been presented as extremely smart and dangerous throughout this story, having spent a lot of time and effort finding and employing the most gifted and skilled individuals in her army of minions. Yet this is the person (and army) she has in charge of Felde's defenses...? And they weren't even aware of the capabilities of the nurses at all? I'm confused :I

RIP Chakri...

I speculate that the Nid agents' lack of key info (and, arguably, competence) is one of the side effects of Snadhya's egomania. Maybe her world revolves around herself so much that she doesn't realize her subordinates need to be able to act without her. Or is it that she's accustomed to controlling her students (and curtailing treachery, perhaps) by controlling their access to information? In any case, I agree that there seems to be a disconnect between the Nids' onscreen competence and their overall influence.
Silverrain
Summoner

Postby Kardwill » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:50 am

The14th wrote:
MagicSkyshark wrote:taking out the artillery. especially heavy siege golems and warships.
yeah yeah, and all those felde guards around are simply standing there doing nothing

baah, *gives up*

They aren't standing around doing nothing, they're either getting blown up by mana shot or dodging the shrapnel and blast waves from the mana shot that blew up the person next to them. The fog in the background is the literal fog of war, the demolition casting a haze over the position the Nids/Feldians are positioned at.

Yeah, getting pummeled by an artillery barrage while their own artillery is spitting its own hellfire a few paces away is not the best conditions to spot and counter a coordinated aerial attack. Or give/recieve orders. Especially if you thought you were safe behind a shield just a few seconds earlier. With their platforms and their numbers, the defenders have a very good chance to take the upper hand if the fight goes on for too long, but righht now, they were caught with their pants down and are still scarmbling to regain order.
Kardwill
Summoner

Postby Kardwill » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:03 am

Silverrain wrote:
bleak wrote:Snadhya'rune has been presented as extremely smart and dangerous throughout this story, having spent a lot of time and effort finding and employing the most gifted and skilled individuals in her army of minions. Yet this is the person (and army) she has in charge of Felde's defenses...? And they weren't even aware of the capabilities of the nurses at all? I'm confused :I

RIP Chakri...

I speculate that the Nid agents' lack of key info (and, arguably, competence) is one of the side effects of Snadhya's egomania. Maybe her world revolves around herself so much that she doesn't realize her subordinates need to be able to act without her. Or is it that she's accustomed to controlling her students (and curtailing treachery, perhaps) by controlling their access to information? In any case, I agree that there seems to be a disconnect between the Nids' onscreen competence and their overall influence.

"Gifted and skilled" does not always mean "good soldier", especially when most of them are homicidal psychocrazies. ^^

And Snad is not very careful with her toys. she broke a LOT of them in previous chapters. So those are the ones that are still alive, either because they were more careful than others, or because they were not powerful enough to be sent on semi-suicidal missions like so many others.
Kardwill
Summoner

Postby evilmike » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:44 am

HOOT HOOT MOTHERTRUCKERS.

And unless its stated/shown, I'm betting she ain't dead. Cuz we all know superhero flying suits are insulated vs electrical shock.
evilmike
Summoner

Postby Moric » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Kardwill wrote:Yeah, getting pummeled by an artillery barrage while their own artillery is spitting its own hellfire a few paces away is not the best conditions to spot and counter a coordinated aerial attack. Or give/recieve orders. Especially if you thought you were safe behind a shield just a few seconds earlier. With their platforms and their numbers, the defenders have a very good chance to take the upper hand if the fight goes on for too long, but righht now, they were caught with their pants down and are still scarmbling to regain order.

That depends. Are the Feldian weapons platforms seaworthy? They are fighting an artillery duel while standing on a bridge.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:48 am

baah, *gives up*

Most named Nids have been shown to simply stand in place and rant or gloat when they find themselves in actual battle, as opposed to sabotage, treachery, or subterfuge. The reason for this remains unclear.

Is it the way Snad deliberately raises them?

Is it because they see Snad doing it and coming out okay?

Is it because they're psycho-crazy, before and/or after their "perfect" taint?

Some combination?

Maybe even they don't know.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby The14th » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:09 am

evilmike wrote:HOOT HOOT MOTHERTRUCKERS.

And unless its stated/shown, I'm betting she ain't dead. Cuz we all know superhero flying suits are insulated vs electrical shock.

With this as with other comics and GoT, I operate on a Show Me the Body rule. If I don't see a corpse then I assume she'll hoot another day.
The14th
Summoner

Previous

Return to Moonless Age