Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : Page 85

Chapter 54 : Page 85

Postby Kern » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:36 am

The giant demon dissolves after her deed is done. Leaving the enemy open for attack.
City's water is going to taste funny for a while. And yeah no demon that big can last, they fed, grew, and collapsed. A few rogue one feeding on the shield, likely out of necessity than will.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : Page 85

Postby Moric » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Kern wrote:The giant demon dissolves after her deed is done. Leaving the enemy open for attack.
City's water is going to taste funny for a while. And yeah no demon that big can last, they fed, grew, and collapsed. A few rogue one feeding on the shield, likely out of necessity than will.

That's cool, but is there some sort of aura/size ratio or other magiphysics that allows for gigantic gluttony demons?

As for losing the shield, well, that's gonna sting.
Moric
Demon

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:24 am

Chiri is only saying that because the nurses do the Kyrol's job better than the Kyrols. ;p
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby The14th » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:32 am

As it turns out huddling in one spot really backfires when your only defensive measure gives out.
The14th
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:35 am

The14th wrote:As it turns out huddling in one spot really backfires when your only defensive measure gives out.

So the Feldians are clustered together with their heavy weapons, on a platform, over water, in range of the ship's cannons....

Egads, even a miss is a hit.
Moric
Demon

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Suck it, Nids! Suck it real good!

Aww, yeah. Taste of their own medicine, alright. Well done, Ariel! Well done indeed.

The tide of battle once again shifts in our favor!
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:46 pm

I wonder if we're going to see the nurses again... physically, I mean, since as Chiri pointed out, they need to be properly banished to be gone forever (until summoned again).

As for the water... even when it's not polluted by the corpses of demons, it's not a good idea to drink it unless you really don't have a choice, seeing as a stream in a city carry its waste. :(

As for the feldian defenses, that's going to hurt. At least the airship's barrage is efficient now.
I wonder who's ordering the barrage. That can't be Ash or Bae, since they both left the airship to... "hunt" for an absentee Snad.
Who else wore a long dress among the cameos ?
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Hellsion » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:42 pm

Send help, I'm dying of laughter.
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Mizu » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:58 pm

So Ariel actually did think it through and decide that collateral damage was okay. I am actually kind of surprised.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Moric » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:10 am

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:I wonder if we're going to see the nurses again... physically, I mean, since as Chiri pointed out, they need to be properly banished to be gone forever (until summoned again).

Not necessarily so. As free nether spirits, they must either latch onto a mana source or die, which is as final as banishment.

Mizu wrote:So Ariel actually did think it through and decide that collateral damage was okay. I am actually kind of surprised.

Everybody must accept some potential for collateral damage for just about anything. Anybody who drives a car is simply making a gamble that they don't get into a crash each time. It's a low risk gamble, granted. Ariel was given a situation where inaction meant that a whole lot of people (innocents too) die, get tainted, etc. Sending the nurse demons brought risk, but was probably the only option with an even remote chance of success. Okay, perhaps using the Really Big Gate might have worked even better, but I'm thinking that it is a whole lot riskier too.

As for sending demons on the Feldian militia, unlike during the Nidraa'chal War, no combat force larger than a squad would be without a sealer (or summoner, who can also deal with nether). As this is a city brimming with psychotic nether summoners, I expect that there's plenty of sealers to call upon.
Moric
Demon

Postby Smokehammer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:20 am

Why cant Neh simply open another gate, or several smaller ones? If the dissolving nurses arent completely defunct, why wouldnt they start attempting to chew on the Fae beings that arent tainted if theyre nomming a mana shield? If the huge gate Ariel and Co are presumably using to summon them is still functioning and producing more nurses, why arent they stopping the ones eating the shield since theyre now becoming a threat? Why arent they stopping the conflict period? Shouldnt the Nidraa be able to ask for help even more readily than random guests?
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:27 pm

Mizu wrote:So Ariel actually did think it through and decide that collateral damage was okay. I am actually kind of surprised.

Since the alternative is to be wiped out by tentacle demons... then yes, some collateral damage is acceptable... it's a "some victims" vs "our side gets massacred" situation...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:01 pm

Smokehammer wrote:Why cant Neh simply open another gate, or several smaller ones? If the dissolving nurses arent completely defunct, why wouldnt they start attempting to chew on the Fae beings that arent tainted if theyre nomming a mana shield? If the huge gate Ariel and Co are presumably using to summon them is still functioning and producing more nurses, why arent they stopping the ones eating the shield since theyre now becoming a threat? Why arent they stopping the conflict period? Shouldnt the Nidraa be able to ask for help even more readily than random guests?

More importantly, why aren't those nether demons going straight for the biggest source of mana in the area--the ship's core?
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby evilmike » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:08 am

MOAR DAKKA
evilmike
Summoner

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:07 am

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA \ *lol* /

bye Nurse Demons...we hardly knew ya, good work guys *crying*
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear

Next

Return to Moonless Age