Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 73

Chapter 54 : page 73

Postby Kern » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:00 am

The group plan to use the gate to add to the chaos, some guests escape and Kel come flying down the tower!
Fueled by all the fanarts of late, Kel is powered up . Gliding, pushing motherkillers off their platforms, crashing and landing as if nothing. next he will take felde all himself an institute himself emperor. :U
Or he'll just take another massive rock to the head. :L
He had to come down fast to handle whatever is coming to assault the tower from its base as there's no way the people inside can run down that fast.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 73

Postby Whizzard » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:16 am

Fairly apocalyptic feel to this page what with the promise of opening the gate, falling platforms and raining people with some other threat looming on the horizon. Whatever the threat. It. Shall. Not! PASS! Calling it now, Kel'noz will slay a balrog. :P
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Kalirren » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:33 am

Oh.

Kel's got to be the first one to meet the Sarghress legion, and maybe push them through. Kel -doesn't- know what's going on in the tainting chamber.

It's really the only chance that Ariel's band has.

Oh, the irony in this is really delicious-looking. Ariel's group is going to gate-nuke Felde just as the Legion claims it.
Kalirren
Nether Spawn

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:34 am

...this feels really out of character for Ariel. She has been pretty consistently against risking civilians before, and that is what this would be.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Mizu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:59 am

I am shocked Ariel is advocating for the usage of a weapon that is definitely going to have a ton of civilian collateral (and give Snadhya more people to get brownie points with by 'fixing' their taint in the proper merged kind).
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:55 am

I wonder what 'giving them a dose of their own medicine' entails? because somebody here already mentioned a while ago that the Nidraa'chal are summoning experts, demons won't be much of a threat to them. even if Ariel knew which dimension to draw a specific type of wild demon to unleash, would the Nurse demons allow it? or is there another use for a mother-of-all-nether-gates that would be detrimental to the Nids and Felde? *ooo*

btw Kel knows how to make an entrance, don't he? 8) and that scene where the guests are nearly smacked by the falling floater, then the floater's operator comes down like an egg on a tile floor, was very nicely done :)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, recovering after a stupid cyclops golem choked me >:(
Clan: Sarghress

Postby James Rye » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:01 am

I like this decision a lot. Ariel and her forces are more used to be in a demonic attack than the ones who put the demon gates down in chel as Snad's agents. There will be chaos among the Snad forces for suddenly being a target of hungry demons. Even the tainted ones will be unable to use their magicks which will confuse them and hurt them in the long run compared to the brutish combat-orientated Sargs.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:38 pm

Bwahaha! Snad, revenge is a dish best served cold, and Ariel's got a major beef with you and your "tainting enlightenment" ideology.

Let's see how you like getting your city nether nuked.

Floaters: Fall out of the sky as hungry demons eat their mana reserves.

Summons: Eaten.

Golems: Giant coffins.

Nid antagonists... More and more tainted until BLAM! New demon!

Oh this will be fun!
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:52 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:...this feels really out of character for Ariel. She has been pretty consistently against risking civilians before, and that is what this would be.

I guess they are going to use relatively harmless demons like Eye Demons, Fishie Demons or Goat Demons...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Moric » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:17 pm

"Open the gate to the 'forum plane'."

In all seriousness, I believe nether arts do not necessarily have to involve tainting. When the Sisters attacked Diva, she was badly hurt, but not tainted. Likewise, when Ariel was hit by Kalki, she wasn't tainted from the nether attack either.

Considering the size of the gate, I see something along the lines of Szordrin's prediction, though tainted Nids are pretty much immune to outside nether, though their toys aren't.

Don't get me wrong, as filling Felde with demons might be the most powerful attack, but it is also imprecise and subject to harming her own. I only see the full destructive potential of the gate as a viable asset in brokering peace with Sang in a M.A.D. scenario.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:42 pm

Moric wrote:"Open the gate to the 'forum plane'."

In all seriousness, I believe nether arts do not necessarily have to involve tainting. When the Sisters attacked Diva, she was badly hurt, but not tainted. Likewise, when Ariel was hit by Kalki, she wasn't tainted from the nether attack either.

Considering the size of the gate, I see something along the lines of Szordrin's prediction, though tainted Nids are pretty much immune to outside nether, though their toys aren't.

Don't get me wrong, as filling Felde with demons might be the most powerful attack, but it is also imprecise and subject to harming her own. I only see the full destructive potential of the gate as a viable asset in brokering peace with Sang in a M.A.D. scenario.

The use of demons may help the Sarghess, since they favor old school face-stabbing unlike their foes' fancy golems, summons, repeating crossbows and exotic mana arts...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Moric » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:50 pm

Traditional face-stabbing in sealed armor in a low mana environment at that.

Even so, Shodun isn't going to be affected by demons.
Moric
Summoner

Postby 'Lement » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Chiri: "It's massive...and active! A gate that size could destroy the whole city."
Ariel: "Excellent idea, Chiri'nide. This is why you're my favourite kyorl, now lets turn a whole city into demons just as Chel was 33 years ago, like it is the Nidra'chaal war. I'll RP as the Nidra'chaal general - call me Kalki - and Feldians are the Dutanvirs and commoners."

So uh, yeah, what? Ariel isn't even a summoner, is this Kalki's arm taint possessing her or sth *wutno*? With the death of Shala, the only one in that group other than demon nurses who should be capable of turning the town into demon-infested hellscape should be Chirinide.

Hm, did Kel crash because the demons made his floater crash?
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Moric wrote:Traditional face-stabbing in sealed armor in a low mana environment at that.

I will assume the armour the Sarghess have been using to fight the Vel'Sharen nether summoners for decades won't turn into a coffin when exposed to nether... It will probably just become normal armour...

Moric wrote:Even so, Shodun isn't going to be affected by demons.

But her sorcery won't work in a demon-saturated environment; demons will eat the mana from Shodun's attacks, even if they don't eat her aura...

If they use Eye or Fishy or Goat demons, nobody will get hurt or tainted, but golems, summons abd sorcery will get neutralized.
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Mizu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:22 pm

'Lement wrote:Chiri: "It's massive...and active! A gate that size could destroy the whole city."
Ariel: "Excellent idea, Chiri'nide. This is why you're my favourite kyorl, now lets turn a whole city into demons just as Chel was 33 years ago, like it is the Nidra'chaal war. I'll RP as the Nidra'chaal general - call me Kalki - and Feldians are the Dutanvirs and commoners."

So uh, yeah, what? Ariel isn't even a summoner, is this Kalki's arm taint possessing her or sth *wutno*? With the death of Shala, the only one in that group other than demon nurses who should be capable of turning the town into demon-infested hellscape should be Chirinide.

Hm, did Kel crash because the demons made his floater crash?

I would be legit shocked if Kalki pulled a Liquid Snake and possessed Ariel through that arm. It didn't even taint Ariel despite being full of taint to spread when she attached it.

However, I bet that if Ariel is the one that ends up killing Snadhya it will be with Kalki's arm.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Next

Return to Moonless Age