Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : Page 72

Chapter 54 : Page 72

Postby Kern » Tue May 29, 2018 9:46 am

Hey more regular updates, yay.
They are led to the core of the tower where a massive gate awaits. A gate left permanently open, to any world they wish, many of which could destroy the entire city or perhaps more.
So yes Safety 101 thrown out the window . worse the people in charge of said safety are the demons that came through the very same gate. To be fair, they are nice, friendly and probably know their shit but still, to Chiri and Shan its a horrifying idea. The kind of thing they were probably warned about as child that the bad bad dark skinned cousins would eventually do and doom the entire world. Well there you go, Snad has one right in her house. Even active , meaning anything can pass through anytime. We'll spare you the huge swirl effect that Chiri and Shan sees because if we were to paint in, you'd probably just see that, we figured drawing the physical gate and its size would pass better the notion that its much harder to close. You can't kick the stone or forcibly close it with a sealing stone. Its too big. The gate stones themselves are big.
But to go back on the more positive side of thing : They're being given a great opportunity to wreck shit up, that is if they don't mind endangering hundred of thousands in the process...
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : Page 72

Postby Moric » Tue May 29, 2018 10:32 am

Set the gate coordinates to the Plane of Turtles!
Moric
Summoner

Postby Evident-Disaster » Tue May 29, 2018 12:40 pm

Wait is this a teleoporter or a gateway like a means to access points in the nether and such?
Also if it's a teleporter, I wonder when the hell anyone had time to build such a thing, I know this a fantasy setting, but what the hell?
PS, matter transporter or just a giant gaping hole in fabric of reality?
Evident-Disaster
Tainted

Postby James Rye » Tue May 29, 2018 12:44 pm

So kinda like nice terrorists telling their hostages not to worry about the bomb in the room because they have the controller in their hands. Yeah I can see why that doesn't ease the worries of our Ssu's.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Tue May 29, 2018 1:47 pm

Let's not forget who set this up, Ms. Murder and extortion herself.

I'd ask if the gate can be shut down safely, stating that the cave might be destabilizing and it would be bad if a building sized stalactite comes bearing down on them.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Tue May 29, 2018 2:08 pm

But... if the gate is permanently active... are demons coming through it now? How come Felde still keeps a mana pool? Even if the demons coming through the gate aren' aggresive, wouldn't they deplete the golems and cores and mana lights and the ambient mana itself?
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Junglefowl26 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:55 pm

You know, I understand that the heroes are going to want to take this down as to prevent Snad from using it or some demon god from stepping through, but the explorer in me wants to know what the different worlds are and the differences between them.

Also, Chiri would not like D&D demons and their gate chain.

They're being given a great opportunity to wreck shit up, that is if they don't mind endangering hundred of thousands in the process...

Well, who has ever let danger to innocent civilians from stopping them from doing anything? ;p

Too bad Fame isn't here, a demon goat swarm to knock out the defenses while not harming people would be useful.

Doom Chinchilla wrote:But... if the gate is permanently active... are demons coming through it now? How come Felde still keeps a mana pool? Even if the demons coming through the gate aren' aggresive, wouldn't they deplete the golems and cores and mana lights and the ambient mana itself?

I am curious about that myself. Every gate we have seen before has had demons swarm through, looking for food. The nurses do say they tend to it and make it safe, but how I wonder.

Though maybe it has a resting state that opens to a world without life.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Tue May 29, 2018 4:28 pm

Hey, they said Snadhya wasn't in Felde at the moment... Could this mean she passed through the gate, to her original dimension ? *eek*

If so, it's a great opportunity to bannish her for a long time. I can't say forever, since a summoner could be dumb enough to bring her back to this plane, but long enough for drow society to finally wise up and abandon demonic practises...
*laugh at my own naivety*

Assuming the gate can be safely destroyed. And I don't believe a second the nurses will help in that regard... Or perhaps if our gang manages to convince them that the gate is dangerous for people even if they're the ones managing it ?
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Finn MacCool » Tue May 29, 2018 4:58 pm

Any world they'd like to access?
So, in theory, this could allow them to get Sharess back.
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Tue May 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Finn MacCool wrote:Any world they'd like to access?

Wish Diva was here in that case. She may know where to look...

Assuming Sharess is still a drow, because I don't see the interest in bannishing a demon god to bring back another one a few years later.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Moatl » Tue May 29, 2018 8:06 pm

…and here in Straubing we're facing the second deactivation of a WWII bomb within two weeks. Give me the route, I'll try to send the Ingolstadt deactivation squad straight to Felde…
^^;
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby The14th » Tue May 29, 2018 10:23 pm

If the "any world" teleporter doesn't end up in daydream by the end of the year I'll eat my hat.
The14th
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby sunhawk » Wed May 30, 2018 1:33 am

Someone is sharing the same color word bubble with Shan, and I think it is sarnel.
sunhawk
Summoner

Postby sunhawk » Wed May 30, 2018 2:02 am

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:
Finn MacCool wrote:Any world they'd like to access?

Wish Diva was here in that case. She may know where to look...

Assuming Sharess is still a drow, because I don't see the interest in bannishing a demon god to bring back another one a few years later.

Sharess' body is at the 9th tower. Sha'shana spent untold decades or centuries searching for sharess.
sunhawk
Summoner

Postby El Bandito » Wed May 30, 2018 6:05 am

Just when I thought this chapter couldn't get any better... this is awesome.
El Bandito
Summoner

Next

Return to Moonless Age