Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : Page 72

Re: Chapter 54 : Page 72

Postby Marcellogo » Wed May 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Yes, concord.
An almost infinite array of possibilities, and a device not just randomly opening a gate toward one extraplanar world but instead allowing you to choose he one you need/want most.

Also turning out that nurses are making something ultimately evil without giving up their own iper-caring attitude.
Marcellogo
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Lee'yane » Wed May 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Evident-Disaster wrote:Wait is this a teleoporter or a gateway like a means to access points in the nether and such?
Also if it's a teleporter, I wonder when the hell anyone had time to build such a thing, I know this a fantasy setting, but what the hell?
PS, matter transporter or just a giant gaping hole in fabric of reality?

If gates can be made on the other side, then it could be both a gate and teleporter via gate networks, like with (coincidentally named) nether portal trick in Minecraft.
Lee'yane
Summoner

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Thu May 31, 2018 1:15 am

Huh. There was a massive gate in Sha'sana's Ninth Tower of Orthorbbae, and I bet there was another big one somewhere in Snadhya's tower in Chel. So, I wonder, instead of walking from Felde to Chel and back, if she is indeed using this nether gate as a teleporter to go back and forth? o_O That would explain how she could suddenly materialize in the Kyorl district without setting off any alarms, too (although it's doubtful if Sargh grunts would have had an APB (all points bulletin) out on the Dragon). Her taking the long way in her carriage with Mel might have been to hide this express elevator from even her lover...she is a Sarghress, after all, and being a bit of a ditz, she might have blurted it out in the heat of an argument with her mother or something, then the demon would be out of the proverbial bag :3

edit: or maybe it only works on full demons, and while Mel isn't, Snadhya is? *eek* dun dun duuun...
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:53 am

^ Hmmm...I don't think there is any evidence that physical bodies can pass through gates. Unless Snad turned herself into a summon and can go spirit and form new bodies at will, I don't think she could use gates like that.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Vongemmingen » Thu May 31, 2018 4:23 am

I believe it was stated when Umpus died that gates allow spirit through but not flesh. Ethereal demons can use them, but a drow trying to pass through would find themselves making a one-way trip and leaving their body behind.
Vongemmingen
Nether Spawn

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby sunhawk » Thu May 31, 2018 1:09 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:^ Hmmm...I don't think there is any evidence that physical bodies can pass through gates. Unless Snad turned herself into a summon and can go spirit and form new bodies at will, I don't think she could use gates like that.

Snad has multiple bodies.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Thu May 31, 2018 2:02 pm

that...would explain a lot. I predict we're gonna find a cryochamber nearby with SNAD's body in it :U going out further on this creaky limb, I'll go so far as to say that the reason Sha'sana hasn't been able to find Sharess' spirit is that Snadhya found her first, and has her sealed in a special gem because she wouldn't agree with Snad's vision for the future of Drowkind. and that special gem...is worn on her diadem. but which stone? and which iteration of Snad's body? o_O o_O o_O

hmmm...would Snadhya be the only one to use this system? what if ALL the Nid agents we've met in the field were teleport-summons? especially all those that died...what if they're alive and well here in Felde (hi Yuh'le)? o_O the mind boggles...
(as a matter of fact, maybe that's why the Nids recovered Yuh'le's body, to hide the fact that she was a teleport-summon?)
(also, maybe this is why Snads was so calm as she was nearly killed by Nishi, because it was a replaceable summon body?)
(which means, her appearance in front of Zala in a body cast and wheelchair may have been a ruse to elicit sympathy?)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear

Postby 'Lement » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:11 am

Probably not Yuh'le. She was both untainted and...Kinda naive?

But pretty nice theory, with does of "your Sharess is in another castle." While we do know that Snadhya'rune didn't recover Diva'trika's turn-into-spirit book, her own living summons seem to be much more like originals, and thus superior to old dark elven technology - just like she'd want. I've always thought Kyorls sealing the spirit of Senekha as boosting the credibility of this.

Though given that Sharess became a demon hunting demons, she wouldn't probably fit into so itty bitty small gem Snadhya'rune has on her forehead. Even Floor Dragon's gem is small compared to the central foci on the ceiling.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:16 am

hmmm, so you think the big gem on the ceiling might be Sharess' prison? that would bring up another hypothesis, that maybe Snads is using the entrapped Sharess' spirit to power this darn gate? o_O I mean, just what is in these red gems they use for gates, anyway? an entrapped nether demon would make sense, and one holding Sharess might have enough power to make the mother of all gates, like the one in Sha'sana's tower, or say this one the heroes are facing now o_O (remembering how Ammon Jerro had entrapped devils and demons to power his haven in Neverwinter Nights 2...)

I wonder how Chiri and Shan would react to finding out that Sharess' spirit is actually here, and being used for such nefarious purposes? Free Sharess. Free Sharess. Free Sharess! :O :A :U :0 :@
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Moonless Age