Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 71

Re: Chapter 54 : page 71

Postby Xanath » Mon May 28, 2018 7:02 am

Doom Chinchilla wrote:I don't like the demon nurse's "expression" when ahe says "yes"... Ariel and co may have hit a safeguard... as in, "if somebody without the proper clearancé asks you to take them to the tainting chamber, taint the ass out of them..."

Yeah. This.
Xanath
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Mon May 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Risky as it is, this is a bold and clever move by Ariel.

As for puppets, and Snad being "away"...

Well, Snad is crazy for starters.

Second, the tainting itself does not make people loyal to Snad, but the "cure" ie merging, does ... if Snad is the one in charge of the process. The only other being who has figured it out, and is still alive, is Kiel, and her approach was not only accidental, but she was too ... unstable... at the time to take proper notes.

So Snad would waltz in going "oh my! What happened here?"

Guests: "YOUR DAMN NETHER GATE BLEW UP TAINTING US ALL AGAINST OUR WISHES MOTHER-KILLING BITCH!..."

Snad: (Smirking) : "WHAT?! Dear honored guests, I had neither the ability nor the opportunity to do that as I wasn't even here... but because of your obvious discomfort at this ... unfortunate event... over the next few days, I can 'perfect' the taint for you, bring you enlightenment, and spare you the agony of inevitably being taken over and turning on your friends and families over the next 10 to 15 years... free of charge for a limited time. Any takers?"

(IDIOT AURA GOES INTO OVERDRIVE)

[People line up to be merged and made loyal one after another.]

Snad: "Another fine day in Felde. All hail the goddess of the underworld! ME!"
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby Margirita » Mon May 28, 2018 2:50 pm

^
That was what I meant.
Margirita
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:22 pm

Well, Snad is crazy for starters.

Crazy like a fox! (But seriously, Snad might be a meglomaniac, but she isn't stupid, and is pretty manipulative - so I don't think she would go with a plan that would have such a high chance of making people hate her)

Second, the tainting itself does not make people loyal to Snad, but the "cure" ie merging, does ... if Snad is the one in charge of the process. The only other being who has figured it out, and is still alive, is Kiel, and her approach was not only accidental, but she was too ... unstable... at the time to take proper notes.

That is something of a misconception, but I think the evidence is against the idea of the merging process acting as a kind of mind control.

After all, Shinae was merged by Snad - and killed two of Snad's agents to protect her sister. She switched sides from Sharen to Nid, sure, but we saw her hatred of her clan and despair build up for countless chapters before it - I think the important bit was her volunteering to go through it in the first place, not the process itself.

The other example that people point to is Jiaan, but he killed someone in Snad's name before merging - I think the days or weeks of Suls mindf****ing him was more important here.

So overall, I think the cause and effect is reversed here - it is not that merging is mind control, so much as only people vulnerable to Snad's manipulations would accept the offer in the first place

Snad: "Another fine day in Felde. All hail the goddess of the underworld! ME!"

Also worth noting that other than (possibly) tiny money salad, we haven't seen any clan leaders at this meeting. Frankly, it seems to be a rather second rate gathering.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Pitdragon » Mon May 28, 2018 4:38 pm

It was a trick to get everyone out of Chel so Snadhya could raid their chocolate stores.

"One man's ruse is another man's keikaku!"
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Mizu » Mon May 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Crazy like a fox! (But seriously, Snad might be a meglomaniac, but she isn't stupid, and is pretty manipulative - so I don't think she would go with a plan that would have such a high chance of making people hate her)

This is the **** who previously turned a bunch of Chel into ticking time bombs by lying about the safety of controlled tainting (and being in charge of education) so she could then dangle a cure for the thing that everyone knows she caused in the first place in front of people's faces. Then she had a bunch of the most important people in Chel poisoned with a poison that drives people to madness among other unpleasantness, told everyone she did it at a big party, and said 'now if you want the cure you have to do what I say'. She has never cared about her plans having a high potential for people to snap and try to murder her instead of bending the knee to the person who screwed them over to begin with for a cure to the problem she manufactured.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Mizu wrote:

This is the **** who previously turned a bunch of Chel into ticking time bombs by lying about the safety of controlled tainting (and being in charge of education) so she could then dangle a cure for the thing that everyone knows she caused in the first place in front of people's faces. Then she had a bunch of the most important people in Chel poisoned with a poison that drives people to madness among other unpleasantness, told everyone she did it at a big party, and said 'now if you want the cure you have to do what I say'. She has never cared about her plans having a high potential for people to snap and try to murder her instead of bending the knee to the person who screwed them over to begin with for a cure to the problem she manufactured.

....ok, good point, you have got me there.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby sunhawk » Mon May 28, 2018 8:40 pm

Mizu wrote:

Snad couldn't plan a child's birthday party without involving mass murder and extortion.

She even returned Mel to Quain'tana. Knowing full well that Quain'tana would punish Mel severely.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Mizu » Mon May 28, 2018 8:48 pm

sunhawk wrote:
Mizu wrote:

Snad couldn't plan a child's birthday party without involving mass murder and extortion.

She even returned Mel to Quain'tana. Knowing full well that Quain'tana would punish Mel severely.

You know, that would explain so much about how Kalki ended up acting. Mom kept murdering the birthday clowns and telling the caterers that if they didn't want to be next they better offer up a discount on their rate.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Previous

Return to Moonless Age