Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 66

Chapter 54 : page 66

Postby Kern » Fri May 18, 2018 4:53 am

The guests attempts to escape the chaos through an elevator but a powerful force reaches for them from above.
And that's Ash, doing her best interpretation of the 3 sisters from before, except she has one of those said sister now working with her.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 66

Postby Xanath » Fri May 18, 2018 5:45 am

Ash'waren.

Oh, fuck. I know Ash is supposed to be a killer Empath, but I see nothing good for her coming out of this upcoming match. Snad's got something waiting for the Suls.
Xanath
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby sunhawk » Fri May 18, 2018 5:52 am

I would love seeing Ashie-poo revert to her dorkkalafr appearance during an empathic battle.

Ash is the last known Moon Age Dark Elf. Diva not counting because of her reboot.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Samireh » Fri May 18, 2018 7:57 am

sunhawk wrote:I would love seeing Ashie-poo revert to her dorkkalafr appearance during an empathic battle.

Ash is the last known Moon Age Dark Elf. Diva not counting because of her reboot.

There's Xann'dor and the Beld dev'ess Thalestris still around.
Samireh
Summoner

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Medrex » Fri May 18, 2018 10:15 am

Yeah I'm worried.
Ash is itchin' for a fight which Snads must have been planning decades for. I will honestly be very surprised if Snadya is in Felde at all and far more surprised if she does turn up for a fight and Ash gets out of it alive/untainted.
Last edited by Medrex on Fri May 18, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Medrex
Tainted

Postby Moric » Fri May 18, 2018 10:26 am

I am thinking that Snads is in Chel right now. After all, that's the final boss battle....

Snadhya'rune likely has many anti-Sul tricks up her sleeve. Less than before, of course, but still enough to be dangerous. As for tainting, we need to know what Kiel is up to with Sha'sana's notes. Demon battle!
Moric
Demon

Postby Ardan Styyx » Fri May 18, 2018 10:56 am

Samireh wrote:
sunhawk wrote:I would love seeing Ashie-poo revert to her dorkkalafr appearance during an empathic battle.

And Zohr, now that he is back to a drow form*

Moric wrote:I am thinking that Snads is in Chel right now. After all, that's the final boss battle....

Snadhya'rune likely has many anti-Sul tricks up her sleeve. Less than before, of course, but still enough to be dangerous. As for tainting, we need to know what Kiel is up to with Sha'sana's notes. Demon battle!

I agree Snad is probably in Chel. As for the final boss fight... actually I would rather see a Silice/Snad deadly battle. Maybe even Diva could give the final blow, closing the loop. And a Kiel's crazy-daring-genius move would necessarily be part of it, otherwise, what the point ? :P

As for Felde... is it that unlikely that Mel could actually be running the board while her lover is away? She might not like politic, but she is not incapable either... and she might be the last living person Snad has confidence in.

Edit : All this might look odd, but it would be an interesting mise en abime of the mother-daughter tragedy which is at the core of Drowtales chronicle.

* By the way, if the Jaal managed to recreate a Dark Elf body, how come Malika is still having her variegated appearence, and the clan hasn't find a way to reverse the Xuile'Solen mutation? Or has it?
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Fri May 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Snad. Your sins are coming for you!
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Whizzard » Fri May 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Loki jumps up from his seat, throws his fist into the air and shouts: "YES!!! That's what it feels like!"

:P

Snad is most certainly not there as Kern has stated multiple times. Or else there would be floor dragons nibbling at their ankles by now. ^^;
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tainted Messiah » Fri May 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Ash is kind of an interesting character for me I mean we know the basics of her background and there was that little non-canon ( as far as I am aware ) story about her childhood. But it always seemed to me like more then a lot of the other non-central characters her story by itself could have been quite interesting.

As for her abilities though I feel like Kern is sort of all over the place with her in that she is presented as some sort of old world empathic monster but I cannot recall any moment where I feel she was presented as such. Sure she has a scene or two influencing some larger groups but take that in comparison to the sisters who have had any number of scenes virtually immobilizing main characters to even whole legions of soldiers.

And I am not trying to powerscale here I don't know if the sisters were more powerful then ash etc. if they were fine wouldn't be outside the realm of what would make sense given that there were 3 of them but still I just don't recall seeing Ash get that 'oh damn!' moment. IF Ash goes down in this battle... I hope she doesn't but given where we are in the story... I hope like Nishi she at least goes out like a boss.

Whizzard wrote:Snad is most certainly not there as Kern has stated multiple times. Or else there would be floor dragons nibbling at their ankles by now. ^^;

Eh most of the summons seem to lurk around Snadya don't recall floor dragon ever being more then like 10 feet from her... unless he has gone on another Chel tour haha
Tainted Messiah
Demon

Postby sunhawk » Fri May 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Tainted Messiah wrote:Ash is kind of an interesting character for me I mean we know the basics of her background and there was that little non-canon ( as far as I am aware ) story about her childhood. But it always seemed to me like more then a lot of the other non-central characters her story by itself could have been quite interesting.

As for her abilities though I feel like Kern is sort of all over the place with her in that she is presented as some sort of old world empathic monster but I cannot recall any moment where I feel she was presented as such. Sure she has a scene or two influencing some larger groups but take that in comparison to the sisters who have had any number of scenes virtually immobilizing main characters to even whole legions of soldiers.

And I am not trying to powerscale here I don't know if the sisters were more powerful then ash etc. if they were fine wouldn't be outside the realm of what would make sense given that there were 3 of them but still I just don't recall seeing Ash get that 'oh damn!' moment. IF Ash goes down in this battle... I hope she doesn't but given where we are in the story... I hope like Nishi she at least goes out like a boss.

Whizzard wrote:Snad is most certainly not there as Kern has stated multiple times. Or else there would be floor dragons nibbling at their ankles by now. ^^;

Eh most of the summons seem to lurk around Snadya don't recall floor dragon ever being more then like 10 feet from her... unless he has gone on another Chel tour haha

Ash is a monster of an empath. She just hasn't had all her marbles these past few decades. Think about this, she can be seen by an entire city state, and everyone thinks she is a drow. Even Quain'tana is affected. Ash'waren must have a huge power to be constantly affecting so many like she does at all times.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Ra'tatosk » Fri May 18, 2018 10:25 pm

Samireh wrote:

No, Xann'dor is just 209 years old, so he is quite a yougster compared to Ash and Thalestris. Xann'dor is a drow, which Kern sems to have missed. But there is also the last surviving Judicator of the Order of Serenity Lioshi. He is very old and might also be born in the Moons Age.
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby 'Lement » Sat May 19, 2018 1:20 am

Beldrobbean group...With one of Machike's group. Is this friendly fire yet?

Not safe inside, not safe outside, I'm reminded of Silice's massacre of Orthobannoe.

And...So, this prehistorical dog might be able to learn new tricks from her younger descendants. Though given Faen also participates, it doesn't seem like hard thing to figure out.

Ultimately, I concur with Tainted Messiah. Her outside of combat empathy is neat, but she's not much of a nexus when compared to other Ill'haresses. Well, she's old Sul; Yafein, Bae'rali and Salan'dara are better portrayals of clan nowadays. Is it a coincidence that traditionalist and ancient shore Ill'haresses like Dutanvir's or Waessoloth shine dimmer than the likes of Quain'tana or Nega'fanea?

Here and now, I can't help but think "Fantasy woman with unarmored body in combat zone; My sword for a poison arrow trap!". Empathy doesn't work on springs and bolts, after all. Faen is only one who has even a shield and breastplate.

Though armor wouldn't help with Infused demon bolt coming through the ceiling from behind.

Thereafter, I won't be expecting Ash'waren to show magnificence in magic or nobility. Maybe she'll have bit of redemption for her lacks, maybe she'll die to show off Nids anti-empathy measures.

Then again, Nishi'kanta went farther than I expected. It's not a completely predetermined quiescence.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Nowhere Girl » Sat May 19, 2018 5:28 am

Moric wrote:Snadhya'rune likely has many anti-Sul tricks up her sleeve.

Oh please. Snadhya'rune is only consistent when it comes to failing horribly. Her track record in fights is hilariously poor.

There are people who still take her seriously as a threat?
Nowhere Girl
Summoner

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sat May 19, 2018 9:18 am

Nowhere Girl wrote:
Moric wrote:Snadhya'rune likely has many anti-Sul tricks up her sleeve.

Oh please. Snadhya'rune is only consistent when it comes to failing horribly. Her track record in fights is hilariously poor.

There are people who still take her seriously as a threat?

Well, her fight against Nishi was not exactly a kid's play, considering the amount of potential damages those two inflicted to themselves and the surroundings. Plus, the way she got rid of Kalki proves she has a lots of tricks in her sleeves too.

But I agree Snad's main assets are her intelligence and the way she uses her followers, not necessarily her fighting abilities. Nevertheless, underestimating her would be a grave mistake, to my mind.

As for Ash... Well nobody saw her fight so far, unless I missed something. So I find jumping to the conlusion she is weak and irrelevant a little exagerated. As sunhawk pointed out, she managed to hide permanently her Dokalfar aspect to the entire drow population. Nobody really knows what are the boundaries of her Empath powers... neither that we really know anything on the physical side (except that she is a... very active lover :D ). We know she is 1000+ years old, that she was defeated by Diva a long time ago and that she managed to survive so far, despite everything, including the Nids.
That's not too bad for a weak, irrelevant Il'haress.
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Next

Return to Moonless Age