Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 62

Re: Chapter 54 : page 62

Postby Ganurath » Thu May 10, 2018 7:00 am

Moric wrote:
sunhawk wrote:I wonder if these Jaal bio golems are like the previous one we saw. Where the head can just pop right off as a separate unit.

I would think so. That said, what's inside the golem bodies?

Bones that break and blood that spills.
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Thu May 10, 2018 7:51 am

Ganurath wrote:
Moric wrote:
sunhawk wrote:I wonder if these Jaal bio golems are like the previous one we saw. Where the head can just pop right off as a separate unit.

Bones that break and blood that spills.

Alright, I shouldn't have laughed that hard... but I did anyway. XD

In all seriousness, it's a good question. Probably steel, gears and foci to be able to move all this mass just like a real body would.

On a side note, how god damn tall is Slainne exactly ? She's a bit on the front, but she looks like she's over the golems themselves ! *eek*
:3
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Moric » Thu May 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Foreshortening. Slainne's siluette is shorter against the golem's in the penultimate panel.

[edit]That said, she's a healthy sized lady, fully deserving her d12 hit die.
Moric
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:06 am

Whizzard wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:
Kern wrote: So while felde striked first, striking back will escalate things.

Yeah, it is easy to understand why Ariel and company chose the path they did, given both their training and the overall situation, I can't help but feel it would have been better to try to get back in contact with Chelian leaders and see if any of them would be sympathetic to Machtike.

Hah! Fat chance!

Sarghress - those that are hunting them
Sharen - pawns of Snadhya
Nal'sarkoth - pawns of Snadhya
Beldrobbaen - too weak and insecure to take sides
Jaal - pawns of Snadhya
Sullisin - Ashwaren's paranoia has created a weak powerbase even if Ashwaren herself is with Ariel
Dutan'vir - too small and weak to take sides
Illhardo - diehard allies of Sharen therefore pawns of Snadhya
Vloz - ded klan

That leaves Kyorls who certainly have a strong army and who may feel sympathetic to Machike but with every other clan wanting to stay out of it or worse, position themselves against Ariel, I don't think even Anahid would take a position where they'd likely have to fight at least 5 clans at once and outnumbered manpower wise.

Anahid would probably want to avoid a fight on principle, but yes, especially one against all of Chel.

But I think you are too quick to dismiss many as pawns of Snadya. Zala, for example, is definitely not happy with Snad looking over her soldier and I am sure she would be thrilled to have a political weapon to wield against Snad and her allies. Similarly, the Beld and Dutanvir might not have a lot of military support at the moment, but their votes at the council meeting could do a lot to help Ariel's group recover and be safe from further attacks.

After all, don't forget that this alliance was not Snad's endgame. She wanted to be an absolute empress - that she has to manipulate things and work through a council of clans is a bit of a failure on her part.

Moric wrote:

Golem machinery I would imagine.

Marcellogo wrote:Nothing in Jaal's golems body, the head is THE living part, giving mana to move the rest.

Parallelism between the current engagement and chapter 0 is well found and quite striking.
We have moved full round and back to square one.

In that case, you'ld thing think the head units would have helmets or something. As it is, they seem like obvious targets.

I can see what you mean, hopefully this battle ends better for the attacker.

Mizu wrote:That guy should consider a profession as a ninja, yanking someone out of the middle of a pitched battle is pretty impressive.

I think all Beld have to at least minor in ninja.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Whizzard » Sat May 12, 2018 10:14 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:But I think you are too quick to dismiss many as pawns of Snadya. Zala, for example, is definitely not happy with Snad looking over her soldier and I am sure she would be thrilled to have a political weapon to wield against Snad and her allies. Similarly, the Beld and Dutanvir might not have a lot of military support at the moment, but their votes at the council meeting could do a lot to help Ariel's group recover and be safe from further attacks.

You forget that Zala knows that Snadhya could poison her again or assassinate her at any moment Zala's existence becomes inconvenient. Especially now that Zala had to let Snad's people make home in her alliance and take important positions in it.
I'd say Zala could be as paranoid as Ashwaren at this point.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Previous

Return to Moonless Age