Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : Page 52

Chapter 54 : Page 52

Postby Kern » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:55 am

With their ship damaged and enemies in pursuit, they seek to do an emergency landing.
Crashing right into Snadhya's tower makes for a good place to do that. At least thats what Kyo thinks. The rotor blade got smashed in, it probably scrape against the ship everytime it spin right now and some of the blast got sucked into the engine.

Coming later tonight is the 17th anniversary special made with Sygdom.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : Page 52

Postby Moric » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:14 am

Well, when you turn against a psychopathic tyrant and her fanatic horde, it is best to go all-in.
Moric
Demon

Postby Whizzard » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:21 am

Kel: "Land us!"
Pilot: "Where?"
Kel: "Anywhere!"
Ariel: "FFS, land us at Snadhya's tower!"
Kyonne: "Get the fuck off the wheel, I'll pilot this!"
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby JVElEven » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:53 am

Knock knock, Snad'hya!
JVElEven
Nether Seed

Postby Kardwill » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:25 am

Okay, I was wrong. So, "Charge of the light brigade" it is, then?
Kardwill
Summoner

Postby Ardan Styyx » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Kardwill wrote:Okay, I was wrong. So, "Charge of the light brigade" it is, then?

Yeah... I don't think there's any coming back from this one. *omfg*

I hope Kel's "bright idea" is quickly going to unfold, because right now, the 'hit and run' is switching to a 'death match'.

Unless there's a huge Turtle summon parked near Snad's tower, I'm afraid the only alternate left for our heroes to survive all this is to literally seize the power. And I'm not sure improvising a coup was exactly what the Wolfpack had in mind. :S

Good job Kyo, finally taking things in hands! I like that! Go girl! 8)
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Yeah, Kyo'nne taking charge and moving out *lol* Let's just hope that after the Mistwhale crash-lands on the platform, doors on the tower won't suddenly slide open and hundreds of Nid soldiers surround it, Snadhya walking out serenely, and Kyo walking up to her and saying "My Lady, I brought the airship back to you, and the prisoners are on board" *omfg*

Now, if it can be forgiven to talk about a Relic Hunter mission that happened a while ago, the Fen Wolves squad tried landing on Snadhya's tower using hang gliders. We were driven off by Floor Dragon appearing on Snad's balcony. If that is any indication, landing on that platform will be the easiest part of this mission :P

I think the last panel is the first time we get a good look at the Mistwhale from this angle. The "tail" decoration really makes it look like a whale B) Poor wounded whale... :c
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:43 pm

Now that is badass, Kyo'nne. Since this is the last chapter, according to Kern's Podcast, then it doesn't look like it will end well for our anti-heroes, unless crashing into Snad's tower sends the psycho falling, and unlike Ariel, can't fly, and is already wheelchair bound.

Even then, it's going to be a Pyrrhic victory, at best.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Koodi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Honestly I am a bit underwhelmed by the turn of these events. I mean, the airship used to be such an major obstacle... all the raided colonies, and the effort and sacrifices they had to make just to conquer it. And the minute (well, some pages later) Ariel and co take the handle, it just conveniently blows up after one lucky shot from a single cannon, yay!

Also I'm realizing now that I'm getting quite tired of the Aizen-type-marysue-villain-plots. Ofc the baddies just think of everything, are almost all-powerful, and super lucky, too... Oh well. I'm still here, commenting and reading, regardless XD
Koodi
Tainted

Postby Ardan Styyx » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:25 pm

Koodi wrote:Honestly I am a bit underwhelmed by the turn of these events. I mean, the airship used to be such an major obstacle... all the raided colonies, and the effort and sacrifices they had to make just to conquer it. And the minute (well, some pages later) Ariel and co take the handle, it just conveniently blows up after one lucky shot from a single cannon, yay!

Also I'm realizing now that I'm getting quite tired of the Aizen-type-marysue-villain-plots. Ofc the baddies just think of everything, are almost all-powerful, and super lucky, too... Oh well. I'm still here, commenting and reading, regardless XD

I kind of agree with you, especially WRT the inefficiency of the airship since it's been seized by the Wolfpack.
But hey, maybe it's a good script trick to allow the Heroes Ultimate Victory to be even more dramatic and beautiful? 8P
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:45 pm

In which the heroes commit 9/11
*Always Sunny in Philadelphia music plays*

Seriously though, this is pretty bad. I can see the logic of a hit and run, but now they can't run...so even if they win in the tower, they are stuck in an enemy fortress with a pissed off army surrounding them, and another army hunting them down possibly on the way.

I mean, I am sure they will make it somehow, but I am not sure how. It should be interesting to see.

Side note: Since there is a grand total of one airship in existence (that we are aware of anyway*), I wonder just when Snad had that dock built (and, PS, did we ever find out where the Illhardro found it anyway?)

*I have to admit - while I was aware something would have to go wrong for the heroes, I am kind of sad that the twist wasn't that Snad had reversed engineered the airship and built another one so we could have had an airship duel. *sads*
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ardan Styyx » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:I mean, I am sure they will make it somehow, but I am not sure how. It should be interesting to see.

Yeah, especially with the children, the refuges, the pregnant Chiri... They'd better have a very good B plan for sure! o_O

Junglefowl26 wrote:Side note: Since there is a grand total of one airship in existence (that we are aware of anyway*), I wonder just when Snad had that dock built (and, PS, did we ever find out where the Illhardro found it anyway?)

*I have to admit - while I was aware something would have to go wrong for the heroes, I am kind of sad that the twist wasn't that Snad had reversed engineered the airship and built another one so we could have had an airship duel. *sads*

Well maybe she actually did. And THAT is going to be our heroes' way out! :D
Seriously, it would be cool.
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Ardan Styyx wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:I mean, I am sure they will make it somehow, but I am not sure how. It should be interesting to see.

Yeah, especially with the children, the refuges, the pregnant Chiri... They'd better have a very good B plan for sure! o_O

Hmmm.....a pissed off pregnant Chiri could be a pretty good plan B - just burn the whole city down!

...Problem is she might get Ariel and co first. ^^

Ardan Styyx wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:Side note: Since there is a grand total of one airship in existence (that we are aware of anyway*), I wonder just when Snad had that dock built (and, PS, did we ever find out where the Illhardro found it anyway?)

Well maybe she actually did. And THAT is going to be our heroes' way out! :D
Seriously, it would be cool.

Snad: Stop stealing my airship! (That I stole first)
Last edited by Junglefowl26 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Cladriah » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:30 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Now that is badass, Kyo'nne. Since this is the last chapter, according to Kern's Podcast, then it doesn't look like it will end well for our anti-heroes, unless crashing into Snad's tower sends the psycho falling, and unlike Ariel, can't fly, and is already wheelchair bound.

Even then, it's going to be a Pyrrhic victory, at best.

I am still unconvinced that this can be wrapped up in one chapter.
Cladriah
Nether Seed

Postby Sarah » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:04 pm

The airship in Sarghress hands proved to be completely useless. XD I hope the crash at least does some damage.
Sarah
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Next

Return to Moonless Age