Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 49

Chapter 54 : page 49

Postby Kern » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:58 am

The rescue party leave the city to discover the ship flying right at the city's defenses.
They were ready for something like that, except the ship is also flying fast .
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 49

Postby El Bandito » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:27 am

*Grabs popcorn.*
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Ardan Styyx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:32 am

"A reason to drink more..."
Is the jaded lucidity of Al'Tesh the herald of what finaly awaits the Nid enterprise : "everythin is f...d up"? 8P

I am still a little puzzled about the Wolfpack tactic. Arriving from the exact direction of the flair while the alert has now been given, therefore (partially) loosing the benefit of surprise is a strange idea... :S
But I guess a third party is about to enter in action, which will explain all this.
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Moatl » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:41 pm

Okay, so the Mistwhale is coming in at speed because its cannon aren't all that accurate...I predict it will overfly the Feldian army without firing a shot, to air assault well to their rear. Meanwhile, attention will be riveted upwards, and the friendly ground element will hit the Feldians in the flank. Chaos will ensue as the Feldians will think the Mistwhale was a diversion, and the ground element is the main effort. That will fix them in place south of Felde, allowing the Wolfpack to mount a commando raid deep within the city. But what is the objective? A decapitation move? To steal something? Just to wreck sh!t? With Kel'noz's strategic mind, I doubt it's as simple as that...El Bandito, please pass the popcorn *wee*
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:Okay, so the Mistwhale is coming in at speed because its cannon aren't all that accurate...I predict it will overfly the Feldian army without firing a shot, to air assault well to their rear. Meanwhile, attention will be riveted upwards, and the friendly ground element will hit the Feldians in the flank. Chaos will ensue as the Feldians will think the Mistwhale was a diversion, and the ground element is the main effort. That will fix them in place south of Felde, allowing the Wolfpack to mount a commando raid deep within the city. But what is the objective? A decapitation move? To steal something? Just to wreck sh!t? With Kel'noz's strategic mind, I doubt it's as simple as that...El Bandito, please pass the popcorn *wee*

"Friendly" Heh! The Mistwhale is leading the Legion there. The same legion that shot ballista at it in Kyorl lands.

The rescue party is going to think the invading legion are the ground troops, while Sang's legion will think the Feldians are locals friendly to Ariel.

Meanwhile, the Mistwhale will be over Snad's tower acting as a punitive force looking to deliver payback for all the sh*t the Nids broke in Matchike.

Yeah, the upcoming battle is worth gold-plated popcorn (and yes, they do actually sell edible gold-plated popcorn, salted with the most expensive salt on earth.)
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 pm

"Oh noes! All our plans were predicated on them coming in slowly and presenting a big target"
"This would require some kind of tactical geniu- KEL'NOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!"

(Though seriously I bet they are really pushing the engines)
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ardan Styyx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:53 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:
"Friendly" Heh! The Mistwhale is leading the Legion there. The same legion that shot ballista at it in Kyorl lands.

The rescue party is going to think the invading legion are the ground troops, while Sang's legion will think the Feldians are locals friendly to Ariel.

Meanwhile, the Mistwhale will be over Snad's tower acting as a punitive force looking to deliver payback for all the sh*t the Nids broke in Matchike.

Yeah, the upcoming battle is worth gold-plated popcorn (and yes, they do actually sell edible gold-plated popcorn, salted with the most expensive salt on earth.)

Wait, are we talking about the same Legion which took ages to finally catch up with the Wolfpack in Shikomei, and now is supposed to be running just behind the Airship? :P

Cool, Drow finally discovered Teletransport ! :D
Last edited by Ardan Styyx on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Moric » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:

"Oh noes! All our plans were predicated on them coming in slowly and presenting a big target"
"This would require some kind of tactical geniu- KEL'NOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!"

(Though seriously I bet they are really pushing the engines)

I think that the defences were meant to hit the ship showing her broadside cannons. The ship would trade fire in the attempt to establish a breach for a ground assault. As the only way of successfully taking Felde (while Snadhya'rune is home) would be with a massive assault army to face the summon horde and demon freaks at her disposal.

What? Well of course an enemy of Snads is only going to strike Felde when she's home. Otherwise they would be trying to kill her wherever she is traveling. Any other scenario is absolutely inconceivable.

Moric
Summoner

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:55 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:
Basileus_Ioannis wrote:El Bandito, please pass the popcorn *wee*

Alright you got me hyped, pass me the popcorn even though I never eat any usually !! *boogie* *boogie* *boogie*
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Marcellogo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:11 pm

Other side would probably be made of Vals of Sharen/ Vel'Vloz'ress and reinforcement from Mimanheid...
Hope to see Crysh'tel with them.
Marcellogo
Summoner

Postby Mizu » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:43 pm

Drinking on duty is probably frowned upon even if you are in a downpour watching an ancient super weapon descend from the heavens to wreak havoc.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Moric » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:41 am

Mizu wrote:Drinking on duty is probably frowned upon even if you are in a downpour watching an ancient super weapon descend from the heavens to wreak havoc.

Frowned on only if your superior isn't pouring.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:17 am

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:"Friendly" Heh! The Mistwhale is leading the Legion there. The same legion that shot ballista at it in Kyorl lands.

ooo, golden popcorn 8) and oh, I thought it was the "loyal" Chelian Sarghs that Kel talked to that were on the ground, firing the flare. if it was the Legion who stumbled on an outlying Felde unit and attacked, and the flare was launched by the Feldians in a "help me" move, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder how Kel knew that the Feldians would lob a flare when the Legion smacked into them, though? and that's a touch of brilliance, waiting for the Legion to attack the Feldians before moving the Mistwhale ;) I suppose the "loyal" Chelian Sarghs told him that Sang's Legion wasn't on friendly terms with the Nids? because if they were, and didn't attack the Feldians, then Ariel's commandos would have both the Feldians AND the Legion all over them like stink on poo
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear

Postby Mizu » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Moric wrote:
Mizu wrote:Drinking on duty is probably frowned upon even if you are in a downpour watching an ancient super weapon descend from the heavens to wreak havoc.

Frowned on only if your superior isn't pouring.

But what about their superior? Top level Nids are such jerks nobody was shocked Snad sent Kyo to shank a pregnant woman.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Next

Return to Moonless Age