Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : Page 48

Chapter 54 : Page 48

Postby Kern » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:16 am

The city believing its a distress call, marshals troops to assist.
Two grumpy dragon riders to lead them. They're clearly doomed. At least to get wet.
Just a reminder : Felde is in a cavern, albeit one open to the outside, so you don't get rain unless there's a strong wind or you walk out.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : Page 48

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:10 am

I have to admit I am curious about that myself. Air sorcery is pretty common, yet only the Mimians can fly...

I wonder how many other groups of Mimians are still out there, raiding and the like.

Come to think of it, I wonder if anyone ever sent word back to Mimanead about Ariel's alliance with this group.

Ah, these two. These two have the worst luck - they are the new Balir and Kuso*.
Or I suppose this could be good luck, seeing as this means they won't be in the city when the airship hits. Depends on who exactly sent the flare.

*Come to think of it, what could Kuso be up to? I feel the urge to cameo him in another chapter as a Sargh grunt or Feldian guard or something 8P
So many cameo ideas, so little money.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby sunhawk » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:32 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:I have to admit I am curious about that myself. Air sorcery is pretty common, yet only the Mimians can fly...

I wonder how many other groups of Mimians are still out there, raiding and the like.

Come to think of it, I wonder if anyone ever sent word back to Mimanead about Ariel's alliance with this group.

Ah, these two. These two have the worst luck - they are the new Balir and Kuso*.
Or I suppose this could be good luck, seeing as this means they won't be in the city when the airship hits. Depends on who exactly sent the flare.

*Come to think of it, what could Kuso be up to? I feel the urge to cameo him in another chapter as a Sargh grunt or Feldian guard or something 8P

Ariel can fly.

Mimieans live on a giant Mana producing world tree. So they are probably stronger in the Mana arts than the typical Chel born drow. Their culture is also built around flight.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Moric » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:01 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:Ah, these two. These two have the worst luck - they are the new Balir and Kuso*.

Baliir is currently retired with his sugar-mama Sara.

Yes, Kuso must return before the end, and it is totally necessary that he endure yet further indignities. Perhaps mucking out dragon stalls?

sunhawk wrote:Ariel can fly.

Mimieans live on a giant Mana producing world tree. So they are probably stronger in the Mana arts than the typical Chel born drow. Their culture is also built around flight.

Air focus can do this, but battles in Chel are traditionally in rather confined spaces. Add to it that driders and such can walk the ceiling, so the tactical advantage in flying is easily foiled, along with reduced armor for weight reduction, and total lack of cover. Mimaneid, however, is essentially shaped like a giant upright cylinder. Flight is just darn useful, and there's just so much more vertical space to maneuver.

So, I'd say that if the effort was made, Chelians could learn aerial combat given time and motivation. Also, Ariel doesn't make a huge habit of flying for prolonged periods, as it probably drains mana fairly quickly to lift all that armor. She needs to learn her mom's combat form.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Whizzard » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:43 am

The theme that Nids have no unity or respect for each other in their ranks continues. They may be powerful individuals but their complete lack of discipline and unity will be their doom in the coming battles. Makes me realize that despite Snadhya's cunningness and scheming, she's a terrible leader. Even if she won, rebellions, assassination attempts and public disorder would likely become daily occurences in her new empire. She would be her own doom and wouldn't survive her first century as the Empress. Diva was right all along.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby MagicSkyshark » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Maybe it is true, maybe not )

But don't we all love the empires with rebellions, assassinations, proscriptions, public disorder, civil squalor, free bread for the mob, exaggerated spectacles and the like?

; )
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Whizzard wrote:The theme that Nids have no unity or respect for each other in their ranks continues. They may be powerful individuals but their complete lack of discipline and unity will be their doom in the coming battles. Makes me realize that despite Snadhya's cunningness and scheming, she's a terrible leader. Even if she won, rebellions, assassination attempts and public disorder would likely become daily occurences in her new empire. She would be her own doom and wouldn't survive her first century as the Empress. Diva was right all along.

Diva was right for sure, but let's admit that without a furious opposition of some major players (be them the Wolfpack, Sil'lice or, more subtly, Chry'stel), Snad and the Nids would have quiet sucessfully stacked the entire Drow society.
Honnestly, for an egomaniac corrupted power-craving monster, she is not so laim at keeping things in order if you look at Felde.
But it is well known that Evil carries the seed of its own destruction.
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby El Bandito » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:05 am

Good tactic to lure out some of the defenders.
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Moatl » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:17 am

So, Al'tesh emptied the cellar of Felde? Heh, you must damage the Nids where you can, you know. :D
This reminds me on a story that happened in a beer-brewery in a neighbour-town a few years ago: Traditionally the employees is given a part of the salary as payment in kind (nowadays the get coupons valid for all products of the brewery as beer, lemonades,…) But it's still common to »constantly test« the beer in the storage-tanks. On one time they managed to empty the half of the storage-tank with the special-brew for the local festival (»Festbier«) over the »testing-tap«. ^^;
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Moric » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:43 am

Ardan Styyx wrote:
Whizzard wrote:The theme that Nids have no unity or respect for each other in their ranks continues. They may be powerful individuals but their complete lack of discipline and unity will be their doom in the coming battles. Makes me realize that despite Snadhya's cunningness and scheming, she's a terrible leader. Even if she won, rebellions, assassination attempts and public disorder would likely become daily occurences in her new empire. She would be her own doom and wouldn't survive her first century as the Empress. Diva was right all along.

Diva was right for sure, but let's admit that without a furious opposition of some major players (be them the Wolfpack, Sil'lice or, more subtly, Chry'stel), Snad and the Nids would have quiet sucessfully stacked the entire Drow society.
Honnestly, for an egomaniac corrupted power-craving monster, she is not so laim at keeping things in order if you look at Felde.
But it is well known that Evil carries the seed of its own destruction.

Zala mentioned prior to the Puppeteer Incident that Snadhya has a knack for getting people to do the most foolish things.

"What can be sealed can be controlled." - Snadhya'rune

...I wonder what that control can entirely extend to...
Moric
Summoner

Return to Moonless Age