Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : Page 45

Chapter 54 : Page 45

Postby Kern » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:04 am

The battle plan is explained to the makeshift alliance of colonies.
If the enemy do follow them that would greatly bolster the number of combatant on the field. Forcing the third party to be your ally in a way. With the ship they've a mean to extract fast, that is , if everything goes well.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : Page 45

Postby El Bandito » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:11 am

Lets hope their plan survives once the enemy contact has been made.
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:17 am

Wait, I am confused - why would the Legion have to attack anyone else to get to them? The Legion was acting on Snad's orders, wasn't it?
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:07 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:Wait, I am confused - why would the Legion have to attack anyone else to get to them? The Legion was acting on Snad's orders, wasn't it?

Well, Snad seems to have kept her habit of being the power behind the throne, acting in secrecy while letting the so called Alliance take the official decisions. Therefore it is not necessary surprising the Legion is unaware of her role (if she had any. After all, this could be 100% Zala's decision). Sargs are simply following orders from the Alliance. If it means storming into a 3rd party city in order to get to their objective, so be it. It's not like they cared a lot of the collaterals in the colonies...

Now the interesting question is where Sang stands in all this. Her coup to take Sargs leadership smells a lot like Nid's hand, but she might not be the Snad's pupet one would think. And even so, would she dare taking the risk of letting her prize - Ariel - escape and probably opposing her lieutenants, just to preserve some Feldian lives ? Actually, getting rid of an embarassing master could very well appear as an appealing side effect in that matter.

We'll see. What's certain is that this apparently well oiled plan is daring, but can very easily drift into a catastrophy... and that Kel is not likely to outlive it. :(
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:29 pm

Bwahahaha! Hitting Snad with a taste of her own medicine? Brilliant, bold, daring. I LIKE IT!

Yeah, Sang's going to attack Snad's place.

First, she hates the Sharen, and thinks Ariel's a wimp for not immediately going murder hobo against Zala when Quain was ... occupied.

Second, she's already committed to the coup by launching the legion wolves and ballista upon the airship and an allied colony, plus the matter of taking hostages. If she doesn't succeed, she's facing charges of Treason... and Sarg don't take treason lightly.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:39 pm

It seems the clans are still acting indepedently from each other... but if it is so, why didn't Sang try to parlay with Ariel and Kern? If she still intends to fight against the Sharen and Snadhya, she could have allied with Ariel and Kel rather tgan attacking them ...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Mizu » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:08 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:It seems the clans are still acting indepedently from each other... but if it is so, why didn't Sang try to parlay with Ariel and Kern? If she still intends to fight against the Sharen and Snadhya, she could have allied with Ariel and Kel rather tgan attacking them ...

Every descendant of Quain she kills is one less obstacle to her controlling the clan. Especially the official Quain appointed heir Ariel.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:01 pm

Mizu wrote:
Doom Chinchilla wrote:It seems the clans are still acting indepedently from each other... but if it is so, why didn't Sang try to parlay with Ariel and Kern? If she still intends to fight against the Sharen and Snadhya, she could have allied with Ariel and Kel rather tgan attacking them ...

Every descendant of Quain she kills is one less obstacle to her controlling the clan. Especially the official Quain appointed heir Ariel.

She could kill them later, once they have gotten rid of Snadhya and Zala... getting rid of those two should be priority n° 1...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Whizzard » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:08 pm

I wonder, will Snadhya react to this amusement or fury. I hope it's the latter.

"Uhh, ma'am, I have news about the hunt for Quain's whelp..."
"Ah, the one who manage to take my ship from me. No matter, I expect even with the ship her forces were no match against the Sarghress legion we coaxed after them, were they?"
*messenger shrinks*
"WERE THEY!?!"
"She, uhh, she uhhh..."
"She what!? Obliterated the Legion completely? Convinced them to join her side? Out with it!!!"
"She, she, flew to Felde, took your tower, lured the legion there and battled it out! Half of city is in ruins! The tower has collapsed in the battle!"
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Koodi » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:17 pm

Ahh, if only they had true gender equality. Kel should have inherited Quain and so many troubles could have been avoided, he's way more qualified to lead a clan than any of the sarg commanders or anyone on that ship.
"But what ab-" NO. Just let me have this before he finally dies XD
Koodi
Tainted

Postby sunhawk » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:18 pm

Do they known that Snad's tower is basically made of summons?
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:42 pm

This is where a fortuitous meeting with Kiel and her crew would be an even more interesting situation.
Just like the old days! :D
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Silverrain » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:29 pm

...Anybody want to lay odds on Ariel being betrayed or abandoned at Felde?
Silverrain
Summoner

Postby sunhawk » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:21 am

Ardan Styyx wrote:This is where a fortuitous meeting with Kiel and her crew would be an even more interesting situation.
Just like the old days! :D

Or Sil'lice and Diva.

Diva still needs to get all her remaining daughters together and tell them how disappointed she is.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Margirita » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:15 am

Ariel is going to make the teams. How much you wanna bet that she put's Kel in the squad that won't see any action.

Also the summons in that tower may be a issue if they can operate without Snads presence. Also how do they know that Snad is not in house?

I also want to see Ana's reaction to hearing her peaceful colony was just invaded by Sargs.
Margirita
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Next

Return to Moonless Age