Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : Page 45

Re: Chapter 54 : Page 45

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:36 am

sunhawk wrote:
Ardan Styyx wrote:This is where a fortuitous meeting with Kiel and her crew would be an even more interesting situation.
Just like the old days! :D

Or Sil'lice and Diva.

Diva still needs to get all her remaining daughters together and tell them how disappointed she is.

Well, I was thinking they'd also be part of the crew. Now, for Diva to actually "lecture" her daughters, I guess she needs to grow a couple of feet and get back to her old Master-Yoda-Mana-skills first if she wants to survive the attempt *lol*.
But I'd love to see the revelation scene she'd have with Sillice though.

Margirita wrote:I also want to see Ana's reaction to hearing her peaceful colony was just invaded by Sargs.

Oh I think the answer from the "Alliance" to Ana will be :
- Oh don't you worry dear, the legion did not technically invade your cute little colony. It just happened to pass through it while hunting the rogue airship - which by the way fired on your poor innocent unarmed citizens to cover its escape. I can assure you those cowards will pay for their despicable crime. In the meanwhile, our troops are securing the perimeter and tending to the wounded while the main force is chasing down the bloodthirsty rebels.
Last edited by Ardan Styyx on Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:40 am

sunhawk wrote:Do they known that Snad's tower is basically made of summons?

That's the reason they will attack while Snadhya is away, so she can't activate and command the summons...

Silverrain wrote:...Anybody want to lay odds on Ariel being betrayed or abandoned at Felde?

I estimate the chances of that happening at around a 10%.... Kel is fed up with Ariel heroic and naive attitude, and he probably is under the effect of a slow poison that is eating him inside out and whose antidote is in Snadhya's hands...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:41 am

Doom Chinchilla wrote:I estimate the chances of that happening at around a 10%.... Kel is fed up with Ariel heroic and naive attitude, and he probably is under the effect of a slow poison that is eating him inside out and whose antidote is in Snadhya's hands...

... which could be provided by Krys'tel. Like in old days *bigsmile*

But I think knowing the effects of the poison on his brain and his judgement, Kel would rather sacrifice himself. Depsite their differences, betraying Ariel would be betraying everything he has fought for his entire life.
He probably knows he is condamned. The last act of loyalty for his ideals, and of love for his niece is to offer her a last brilliant plan and an opportunity to win a major victory. :(
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Whizzard » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:36 am

Every time someone of the main cast is stabbed: "ZE BLAIDE WAS POISONED, (S)HE DED!"

Like, what proof do you have? Quain was an unique case where the blade was shown being poisoned beforehand. Now suddenly, every blade is poisoned. Kel was stabbed in the lung, it's like a small puncture that would heal on it's own if Kel wasn't pushing himself so hard. He could risk a collapsed lung by being up and about. But then again, lung collapse is unlikely to happen when the puncture is in the back.

Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Moric » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:50 am

Syphile's weapons were poisoned too, when she tried to assassinate Quain'tana. Kiel has learned that even something as pure and wholesome as cake can be poisoned. Mablevi is, after all, the top assassin on a one target mission, and stabbing a lung is not what I'd call going easy.

But most of all, these are drow. Sure, liberties are taken from the source material, but a drow without poison is like a day without sun.
Moric
Summoner

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:33 pm

Margirita wrote:Ariel is going to make the teams. How much you wanna bet that she put's Kel in the squad that won't see any action.

Also the summons in that tower may be a issue if they can operate without Snads presence. Also how do they know that Snad is not in house?

I also want to see Ana's reaction to hearing her peaceful colony was just invaded by Sargs.

Ana would read their memories and know that indeed the legion sicced the wolves on the colony and fired through said colony to the airship first. Not to mention Ana would know Sang intended to take hostages and was using "bait."

Sweet and wholesome she may be, stupid she is not.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Ardan Styyx » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:21 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Sweet and wholesome she may be, stupid she is not.

True. But what can she do? Officially protest, yes, but what next?
Would she take the risk to leave or break the Alliance? And would her potential supporters among the other clans follow her as well?
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Moric » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:13 pm

Okay, so I've been pretty scarce of late, and I've done a bit of backlog reading. So as not to get too wrapped up in forum necromancy, here's a few things that I noted:

1. Under normal circumstances, the helm and the gun-deck are kept in communication regarding any change in bearing. Thus, the gunners can adjust their targets before they fire. As an airship has all six degrees of freedom, this communication would be even more critical for targeting. Add in the damage to the gas-bag, and the loss of control that causes, and yes, even an experienced gunner is going to have trouble hitting drow-sized targets.

2. Actually, I'm kind-of surprised that the guns were as well-trained at Ys as they were. Get a competition quality rifle and scope, then drop it 50 feet onto some rocks. Try to fix it only with whatever parts and tools that are lying around in the garage in two weeks' time. Try firing it. That's pretty much what the Wolfpack did. On second thought, never do that to a nice rifle.

3. Yeah, I suspect poison, if only on principle. Actually, I'd be disappointed with Mablevi if his knives weren't poisoned. I mean, this would be Assassination 101 to poison one's blades. That said, the more often something is used, the more that countermeasures are employed out of habit. For instance, consider the military effectiveness of demon summoning now versus thirty-some years ago. I would totally believe that half of the drow healing arts involve dealing with poisons to the point that various quixotic poisons, antidotes, and healing techniques become closely-guarded trade secrets between clans, houses, and families. Heck, I imagine that a drow comedic trope involves one character intentionally NOT using poison in a fight, then having her enemy's healer killing her patient in order to figure out which undetectable poison was actually employed.

4. If Kel starts scratching his face, and we'll know a whole lot more about what's going on in Sarghress these days.

5. Asymmetric warfare in the Am'saag held mountains could work quite well. It's hard to move cannons and ballistae over them, supply chains would be a nightmare, etc. That said, it would mean abandoning all the other colonies to Feldian control. Also, I doubt that Kel'noz or Ariel have any intention in killing hundreds of misguided soldiers of their own clan. After all, we don't even have enough information to rule out that Sang herself is beyond all hope of flipping. True, for all we know, she's full-fledged Nid, or maybe she's been painted into a corner by other powers.

6. How did the Legion get to Shikomei? Easy. Ariel casually mentioned her thoughts on where they should go next in a hallway in Ys. Even if all the true Nids were dealt with, there's bound to be a few disgruntled boot-licks roaming the hallways. Even if they aren't disgruntled, simple greed can quickly change allegiance to many a drow. Add in whispering towers, and the forced march from Dariya'ko to Shikomei is quite plausible.
Last edited by Moric on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Moric » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Ardan Styyx wrote:
SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Sweet and wholesome she may be, stupid she is not.

True. But what can she do? Officially protest, yes, but what next?
Would she take the risk to leave or break the Alliance? And would her potential supporters among the other clans follow her as well?

Above table, not a whole lot, without going all-in for Ariel. That said, there's plenty that can be done covertly. Not that it will have time to develop that way, considering that Felde is going to be a smoking ruin rather soon.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Margirita » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:08 pm

I don't think Ana is in the Alliance. I think they walled themselves off and let their dark cousons handle their own business. At least that is the hint I got when I saw Snad and Ana talking. I doubt Ana would have changed positions for Zala.
Margirita
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Previous

Return to Moonless Age