Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 44

Chapter 54 : page 44

Postby Kern » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:01 pm

War begins anew but this time they're on the offensive with the heart of the enemy as their destination.
We're back to Felde. and yes Kel is pushing himself too much. All of these events happen in quick succession, he does not have time to heal.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 44

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Because when you can't defeat the enemy out in the open, attack them in a fortified area. Brilliant. :P

Is Ariel really ok with this? It isn't Feldian civilians who are the enemy after all.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby riflow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:46 pm

Who's the blue dude's son?
riflow
Summoner

Postby Whizzard » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:59 pm

I told you, Felde's the best battlefield to take on a large army because all of the disadvantages are on their side. :D
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Ardan Styyx » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Well, I guess collateral damages are not such an issue anymore...
Let's hope they know where to strike, though. And how to aim this time. Otherwise it's going to end up in a bloody pointless massacre. *eek*
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby Ra'tatosk » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:54 pm

riflow wrote:Who's the blue dude's son?

Xann'dor:

is the father of Araa'toskr:

While father will worry about his son, 'toskr will worry about glamorous Kel.
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby sunhawk » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:16 pm

So, what powers a mana tech airship? Futurama Dark Matter?

I can't wait to see my cameo Neps, in the heart of demon cult territory. Many demons to seal, and nether summoners to bash and blind.
Last edited by sunhawk on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Lee'yane » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:54 pm

sunhawk wrote:So, what powers a mana tech airship? Futurama Dark Matter?

Pretty sure it's Mana crystals. It's like how we have various sizes and types of batteries, they have various size and types of Mana crystals. They are energy storages, and foci crystals are energy amplifiers. Raw powerful crystals even explode if hit the wrong way.
Lee'yane
Summoner

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Thrair » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:31 am

Pssst... Rata!

Pinging ya where I can, mate. Ya've still not answered my questions regarding this womanizing old coot. I need to finish up his basic page.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Postby hiller » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:03 am

C'mon Kel... Please don't die on us yet.
hiller
Summoner

Postby El Bandito » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:32 am

Kel shall die gloriously, upon the broken bodies of hundreds of his enemies.
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:01 am

You know, the Nids aren't stupid, and they tend to think everyone is as ruthless as them, so they had to be expecting an attack on Felde. I wonder how they have prepared for this possibility.

Also, what about the hostages? Weren't we going to rescue them?

Ra'tatosk wrote:
riflow wrote:Who's the blue dude's son?

Xann'dor:

http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/wp-c ... ndor-1.png

is the father of Araa'toskr:

http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/wp-c ... 24x663.png

While father will worry about his son, 'toskr will worry about glamorous Kel.

Isn't there a daughter/sister on the alliance side?

I feel like they should be worrying about her. (Well, I do think she is set to appear this chapter, but they don't know that)
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Whizzard » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:00 am

Lee'yane wrote:
sunhawk wrote:So, what powers a mana tech airship? Futurama Dark Matter?

Pretty sure it's Mana crystals. It's like how we have various sizes and types of batteries, they have various size and types of Mana crystals. They are energy storages, and foci crystals are energy amplifiers. Raw powerful crystals even explode if hit the wrong way.

The air of the world contains mana, that is left there as an excess from mana produced by aura bearing creatures. While currently the mana content in air is low because fae kind nearly went extinct thousand years earlier, the Mist Sea still is thick with mana probably due to there being a lot of drow settlements being in and around and in the tunnels under the Mist Sea in addition of the massive tree where Kavahini live which also produces mana, I think.

The ship has vents in front that suck in the air/mist to recharge the mana crystals, mainly the massive one which also makes the ship float in air.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:14 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:You know, the Nids aren't stupid, and they tend to think everyone is as ruthless as them, so they had to be expecting an attack on Felde. I wonder how they have prepared for this possibility.

They may not be stupid, but they're crazy, arrogant, and tend to believe they have a monopoly on cruelty and grudges. They can never wrap their heads around the concept of having their victims retaliate in kind. I'm certain they're all quite smug in Felde's central castle, expecting word of the legion's certain victory over the "rogue" Sarg upstarts, and then the Airship shows up, giving them a rude awakening.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Ardan Styyx » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:16 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:You know, the Nids aren't stupid, and they tend to think everyone is as ruthless as them, so they had to be expecting an attack on Felde. I wonder how they have prepared for this possibility.

Also, what about the hostages? Weren't we going to rescue them?

Exactly my thought : it's like they've decided to simply leave, right in the middle of a fight and screw the consequences. I am surprised the Kyorls onboard agreed to this.
But maybe Kel's "secret meeting" included securing that issue, so they could have free hands to attack the heart of the enemy power?
To be honnest, unless she decided to slaughter them all, Sang must be a little embarassed right now with all the hostages the legion has taken - if they've taken any. After all, thanks to the brilliant mess of the airship's salvo, Sang could very well consider hostages useless : the Wolf Pack has already fired on the colony's civilian, so what the point...

About the meeting, I guess Kel must have gathered informations about Felde's defenses and awareness, so we'll soon find out wether the Nids are prepared or not.

My impression - but I'm probably wrong - is that they are going for a targeted assassination platoon, trying at the same time to recover some potential hostages VIP (like Mel...). The ship would only be used for a diversion and as a backup (considering they are incapable of firing properly).
If they manage to kill high value targets and save / take important hostages, they would be in a far better position WRT the tractations going on behind the scene.
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Next

Return to Moonless Age