Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 42

Chapter 54 : page 42

Postby Kern » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:59 am

Ariel tend to Faen's wound as Chakri compare kill count and Sarnel bring his concerns.
First time Chakri is drawn without her owl getup. Of course she had to be upside down, just laying down is boring.
As for what Ariel is thinking, we were hesitating to include a flashback there. The whole tearing off an arm and Khaless saying she could take people's face off. Well, she's thinking she could maybe close the wound if she were trying to change the flesh . But what if she can't remove her hand? What if injure Faen worse like taking the whole arm off again and end up with 3? What if nothing happens and she just cause pain from touching the wound. Too many bad consequences.
And finally, it'd be very hard for Faen to help herself with her pain. She could soothe the pain of others but herself? that's a lot more complicated. Maybe Banana could make use of the pain better. In the meantime, no, no one had time to stiches Faen's wound.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 42

Postby Pitdragon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:04 am

Time to play Sar'nel's favorite game: Jump to conclusions! :D
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Smokehammer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:39 am

Pitdragon wrote:Time to play Sar'nel's favorite game: Jump to conclusions! :D

So he's officially the Forum's mascot? 8)
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Koodi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:59 am

Faen still needs some serious wound care, though. Dog bites (and bite wounds in general) get infected almost always without proper care - all the bacteria in their mouths etc. *bigsmile*

She's actually very lucky the wounds are so minor considering she was not wearing armor. I know she's maincast so I guess she can't really lose that arm but it still kind of irks me how easily dog (and wolf) bites are brushed off in all sorts of stories. Even a lot smaller dog can pretty easily shred your arm to shreds if they feel like it! (And for the context I'm not some dog hater, quite the contrary)
Koodi
Tainted

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:41 pm

As Kern said, too much risk, too little reward to try the flesh-bending on Faen.

As for Sar'nel. He's not jumping to conclusions, yet. He did seek a second opinion, Ariel.

If Kel is up to no good, she needs to know.

If not, she'd be a better judge than he.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:01 pm

Wait, she's Chakri ?! Without her make up and owl getup, I didn't recognize her at all ?

Is comparing kill counts the Kavahani's way to flirt ?
Maybe there is a ship that can be called "ChakriXKau"... ChakriXNau never sailed, after all. https://drowtales.deviantart.com/art/Ow ... -488937855
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Koodi wrote:Faen still needs some serious wound care, though. Dog bites (and bite wounds in general) get infected almost always without proper care - all the bacteria in their mouths etc. *bigsmile*

She's actually very lucky the wounds are so minor considering she was not wearing armor. I know she's maincast so I guess she can't really lose that arm but it still kind of irks me how easily dog (and wolf) bites are brushed off in all sorts of stories. Even a lot smaller dog can pretty easily shred your arm to shreds if they feel like it! (And for the context I'm not some dog hater, quite the contrary)

Her wound needs to be seriously looked at, indeed.
And frankly, considering all the misery the main characters went through so far, I would not bet on our little Faen not losing a limb... :E
A dreadful fever caused by the infection could also be the occasion for a beautiful sad and romantic scene (very XIXe century... ^^; ) but I'd definitely rather see her getting better, and quick : Ariel already has a lot on her plate right now, and Sarnel's suspicion is not likely to ease things up. :(

Chakri looks rather cute without her makup. Too bad she sounds like a total psycho ! 8P
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Whizzard » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:14 pm

Drow don't get infected. They don't have viruses or bacterial diseases. This has been stated many times in the past and unless retconned, it still holds true.

Ailments of this kind are rare and unique to the race itself like the brainflower which won't affect auraless creatures and is more of a parasite.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Whizzard wrote:Drow don't get infected. They don't have viruses or bacterial diseases. This has been stated many times in the past and unless retconned, it still holds true.

Ailments of this kind are rare and unique to the race itself like the brainflower which won't affect auraless creatures and is more of a parasite.

No worry then. Faen will only end up with a big battle scar. Sexy! *lol*

One can focus on Sarnel / Ariel next discussion

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:Maybe there is a ship that can be called "ChakriXKau"... ChakriXNau never sailed, after all. https://drowtales.deviantart.com/art/Ow ... -488937855

Nice one (although a really strange pair XD), but wasn't Kau already shipping with someone else? *wutno*
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Koodi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Whizzard wrote:Drow don't get infected. They don't have viruses or bacterial diseases. This has been stated many times in the past and unless retconned, it still holds true.

What?! Really?! Where has this been mentioned? I mean I don't doubt it's true, just facepalming how can I have missed something so important, I've been reading since 2008 or something after all. Well, now I feel like arguing against the logicality of that, but I'll accept that fantasy setting is a fantasy setting. I mean I always just assume the "no diseases" -part is only about the flus and such, not wound infections etc...

My statement about Faen's injury still holds otherwise true though, never underestimate the force in dog's jaw and teeth.
Koodi
Tainted

Postby El Bandito » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:29 pm

A bit of RnR should do them some good.
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Samireh » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:37 pm

...I'm noticing a difference between Sar'nel's speech when it comes to Kel and Ariel. Both are technically Val, but he asks permission to speak with Kel, yet "commands" Ariel.

Although it very well could be he sees Ariel as his equal still. Idk. I may be reading too much into it.
Samireh
Summoner

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:20 pm

did he catch kyo'nne and kel in bed together?
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Sarah » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:44 pm

Yeah, better not try that Ariel if you don't want to be conjoined twins with Faen.
Sarah
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Pitdragon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:40 am

Koodi wrote:

What?! Really?! Where has this been mentioned? I mean I don't doubt it's true, just facepalming how can I have missed something so important, I've been reading since 2008 or something after all. Well, now I feel like arguing against the logicality of that, but I'll accept that fantasy setting is a fantasy setting. I mean I always just assume the "no diseases" -part is only about the flus and such, not wound infections etc...

My statement about Faen's injury still holds otherwise true though, never underestimate the force in dog's jaw and teeth.

Apparently their mana and reliance upon it is how they avoid most infections, with fungal and parasites being the exceptions as Whizzard noted. It's still a bit up in the air if a Drow would succumb to infection if heavily injured, deprived of mana, or something of the like (Quain's poison may have allowed for extreme infection and necrosis, for example), but Faen's age and the aether about her companions and the Airship should be enough to protect her from that if it is possible.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Moonless Age