Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 41

Chapter 54 : page 41

Postby Kern » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:50 am

Sarnel seek out Kel in the ship filled with refugees. But in the captain's cabin, he finds out something is wrong.
There isn't that many cabin in the ship, and they already picked up several group of people before this that probably already stretched capacity. Now, they got dozens more people onboard that need shelters , including some angry fluff that don't take kindly to being called a child when asking for an armor.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 41

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:00 am

Ah, I thought he was referencing her being pregnant.

The fool, it is not as if Chiri doesn't have enough temptations to burn the whole ship down.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:40 am

Sar'nel's thoughts in the last panel: "Hmmm, Kel'noz has plenty of room in his cabin..." o_O *

Kyorl refugee 1: "Slainne and Saga are telling stories downstairs, I hear they're a big draw." :@
Kyorl refugee 2: "When is Slainne not a big drow?" *eek*
(somewhere someone rimshots a snare drum)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:22 am

Araa'torskr, you fool. }:3

I wonder what "is wrong in the captain's cabin" exactly. Is there an assassin lurking in the shadows ?
Is Sarn'el simply surprised that Kel is absent ?

Or perhaps it's the ghastly sight of the former captain's collection of underwears, which Kel didn't have time to remove ? :P
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:27 pm

I do hope Sar'nel doesn't stumble upon Kel's corpse... This wouldn't be the first time a poisoned blade was used, nor the first time that "loyal" healers failed to cure it.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby sunhawk » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Will Sarnel think Kel is a secret Nid, or is the plot thickening?
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pitdragon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:42 pm

sunhawk wrote:Will Sarnel think Kel is a secret Nid, or is the plot thickening?

Sar'nel sort of has been more "hit first, ask questions later" of late, so if he misunderstands something then I wouldn't be surprised. (or if we learn something about our dearest Kel'noz because Sar'nel isn't about subterfuge or blackmail)
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby malendil » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:00 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:I do hope Sar'nel doesn't stumble upon Kel's corpse... This wouldn't be the first time a poisoned blade was used, nor the first time that "loyal" healers failed to cure it.

Whatever he sees, it is something immediately shocking or surprising, not something subtle. A dead Kel would fit, but note, that Sarnel is not looking down. He is looking at something that is in level with his head (or even possibly looking a bit up). In an airship cabin, where distance is limited, that cannot be the floor or even the bed. A poisoned Kel would lay on the floor or the bed (or possibly sit in the chair, but the chair is visibly empty). So unless Kel is crucified on the wall or hanged from the ceiling by an assassin, it is probably not his dead body that Sarnel is looking at.
malendil
Nether Spawn

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:18 pm

malendil wrote:
SzordrinZaphresz wrote:I do hope Sar'nel doesn't stumble upon Kel's corpse... This wouldn't be the first time a poisoned blade was used, nor the first time that "loyal" healers failed to cure it.

Whatever he sees, it is something immediately shocking or surprising, not something subtle. A dead Kel would fit, but note, that Sarnel is not looking down. He is looking at something that is in level with his head (or even possibly looking a bit up). In an airship cabin, where distance is limited, that cannot be the floor or even the bed. A poisoned Kel would lay on the floor or the bed (or possibly sit in the chair, but the chair is visibly empty). So unless Kel is crucified on the wall or hanged from the ceiling by an assassin, it is probably not his dead body that Sarnel is looking at.

I have a crazy theory : Mel is in the cabin, wanting also to speak to her "dear" brother. *eek*
I admit that it's just wild speculation, but that would be interesting... and it would put Mel back in the action without going to Felde.

Didn't someone say before that the story would never go back to Felde ? I can't remember when or who said that.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Lewa » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Considering the scrolls visible on the desk in the bottom-left panel, I put this page together with last page and assumed that Sarnel just found evidence of Kel'noz remaining in communication with the legions. Probably he recognized the seals on those scrolls or something.
Lewa
Tainted

Postby PSadlon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:32 pm

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:Araa'torskr, you fool. }:3

IKR He's lucky he didn't burst into flames after that crack.
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby almondbiscuit » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:58 pm

I think the simplest and most likely thing is getting passed over here: Kel's supposed to be in his cabin and Sarnel's surprised he's not, because this is taking place while Kel's off making his secret info-drop to the legions.
almondbiscuit
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Cladriah » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:40 pm

I bet they find kel remains and the kel we have seen is an imposter or the letters
Cladriah
Nether Seed

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:49 pm

Lewa wrote:Considering the scrolls visible on the desk in the bottom-left panel, I put this page together with last page and assumed that Sarnel just found evidence of Kel'noz remaining in communication with the legions. Probably he recognized the seals on those scrolls or something.

Yeah, that is my guess as well

I imagine next page we will see just what these communications consist of. I mean, I imagine Sarnel will be pissed either way, but I could see it be anything from "come on dudes, we are all Sarghress" to "we are going to be at the Kyrol village, if you attack it, it would drive them into siding with us"
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Zorlond » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:30 pm

The Lesson To Learn:

No matter how armored and protected you believe you are, an angry mother(-to-be) absolutely *will* find a weak point, and you will suffer for your unkind words.
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Next

Return to Moonless Age