Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 40

Re: Chapter 54 : page 40

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:13 am

Smokehammer wrote:So... when Kel tried to "Sacrifice" himself was that because he knew he was going to be ok or because Ariel knows about the contacts too ? And if he was going to be ok, and/or if Ariel knows about them, why the hell didnt they tell Ash?

Unless he has better future vision than Chiri, I don't think so. Even for the best blade master, predicting if someone will live or die after a wound like that is no easy thing. Especially with the mana exhaustion going on top of that.

Having a few contacts in the legions doesn't mean everyone is secretly working for him. In fact, he says here that he has contacts in a "few" of them, not all - I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have any in the legion attacking him now.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Sarah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:11 am

Yes Kyo'nne, you're going to be helping in a way other than randomly murdering someone on your own accord.
Sarah
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Mizu » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:36 am

Smokehammer wrote:So... when Kel tried to "Sacrifice" himself was that because he knew he was going to be ok or because Ariel knows about the contacts too ? And if he was going to be ok, and/or if Ariel knows about them, why the hell didnt they tell Ash?

Why would they tell Ashie? The story has been going out of its way to remind us she is just as bad as other nobility and was only allied with the Sargs to use them as tool to settle a grudge as opposed to believing in their rhetoric.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Ardan Styyx » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Mizu wrote:

Why would they tell Ashie? The story has been going out of its way to remind us she is just as bad as other nobility and was only allied with the Sargs to use them as tool to settle a grudge as opposed to believing in their rhetoric.

Maybe because she is the oldest drow alive (actually a Dokalfar but, hush... it's a secret :P ), probably the greatest empath (when her daughter doesn't snap) and that despite her grudge with the Sharen, her political skills allowed her to survive till now. She literally created the Sarghress, and even if they were only meant to be a tool in her vengeance, she didn't try to curve the revolutionary ideas Quain was carying (or as I know).
Despite being considerably weakened, she still could be a remarkable asset. But you're right : so far she has been showed merely as an old crone, only useful when acting in coordination with Bae and Faen and unable to take a sound decision on her own.
It's not very rewarding for such an experienced character but, hey, Diva did not have a better treatment before she "reincarnated". I guess the idea is that she is just "outdated", to say things nicely... *hmmm*
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Tainted Messiah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Don't have a ton to add honestly so will just toss in the following...

- Wow nice job on that first frame Kite its this level of art work that even after following the comic for so many years always keeps me impressed with you and Kern.

- Who is really surprised that the Batman of drowtales still has ties to the Sarg command... wouldn't be surprised if he had Khaless as a double agent at some point honestly ^^;

- I think Kyo is too used to everything being a secret considering Kel literally handed off a message to someone waiting for it in full view of her... if Kel was that bad at doing secret things he would be long since dead haha

- War? really? you have virtually no troops from the looks of it and your OP weapon couldn't even hit a bunch of soldiers marching in a straight line haha.... needless to say will be curious to see where this goes.
Tainted Messiah
Demon

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:18 pm

- I think Kyo is too used to everything being a secret considering Kel literally handed off a message to someone waiting for it in full view of her... if Kel was that bad at doing secret things he would be long since dead haha

That someone is a person we have seen on the colonist side before. She isn't from the legions - so Kel must have told Kyo something for Kyo to know that the purpose of the message was to talk with the enemy, as opposed to calling up the Highland Raiders to help.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:40 am

Nom'ina is a granddaughter of Suu'be... I'm worried... so many ways this could go wrong...

(by the way... 3000 posts!)
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Previous

Return to Moonless Age