Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : Page 36

Chapter 54 : Page 36

Postby Kern » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:20 am

Things escalate fast as the canons fire upon the town.
Often characters have plans that go wrong, sometime wrong so fast they don't have time to fail hard. Sang want prisoner to lure the ship , while the people aboard says fuck it so fast that the hostage situation doesn't have time to be announced before said hostages are being shot at.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : Page 36

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:36 am

:(

I bet the Ssu on the airship are going to be pissed about that.

Really shouldn't have attacked before the cannons got into position. Really, that is kind of a rookiee mistake for such an experienced general
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Cladriah » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:02 am

Strategically, this makes sense.
Cladriah
Nether Seed

Postby Kardwill » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:21 am

Hiding behind neutral civilians... Classy, Sang. Your Nid master would be proud. *hmmm*
Kardwill
Summoner

Postby riflow » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:26 am

I mean I don't disagree about firing the canons but you should at least be sure who you're firing at.
riflow
Summoner

Postby Rya » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:58 am

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why command structure was invented. You don't want just anyone give the order to fire.
Rya
Nether Seed

Postby James Rye » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:34 am

Rya wrote:And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why command structure was invented. You don't want just anyone give the order to fire.

Which just means that Ariel needs to bring her boot down quickly and hard, to make sure nobody fucks up without her permission. Quain had that ability that at least most people would try to get her permission for their stupid plans, which usually ended with Quain smashing their faces in because they're stupid, but that prevented at least some dumb shit.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:11 pm

It's not just "anyone ordering them to fire," it's Ashwarren, one of the Alliance big muckety-mucks. So still some command structure in place, and she ordered the ship to fire at the Rogue Sarg, the ones over the hill, outside of the colony, presumably.

Sang's the one on worse moral ground, in all respects. She rounded up civilians to use as shields and as bait, by her own admission. She deserves no pity, no mercy, no quarter.

Now we know why Sang is so eager to go after Ariel. She just wants to be the ilharess, screw the consequences!
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Margirita » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Ash picks NOW of all times to get up off her royal butt and do something???

I guess it's ok timing since the prisoners where not "technically" rounded up yet to where Sang was but still there will be a lot of friendly fire on that one.

I wouldn't blame anyone down below, cause frankly if Ash want's something done she is a empath and will override people with ease.

As for chain of command I am not sure if she was already put into it or what happened off screen.

And tisk tisk Sang for not making sure the cannons where in place first. As for using hostage's well that's normal for these sort of things, but I do wonder why in the world she is on this side to begin with.
Margirita
Summoner

Postby sunhawk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:02 pm

All the cameoes were near Chiri. So maybe they all made it to the airship, or ,maybe we find out which ones get blown up tomorrow.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Torrin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote::(

I bet the Ssu on the airship are going to be pissed about that.

Really shouldn't have attacked before the cannons got into position. Really, that is kind of a rookiee mistake for such an experienced general

Hmmm...

If Sang had waited, Ariel &co could have completed negotiations with the Ssu before the attack began, so either (1, and more likely) the airship would have escaped without damage or (2) they would be facing prepared defenses.

As it is, the legion has sacrificed a significant portion of its cannon fodder in return for merely momentarily mauling their enemy and is in a poor tactical position due to having underestimated the resourcefulness of the colonists. So Sang has traded the humiliation of failure for the humiliation of a probable Pyrrhic minor victory.

As for Ash, I'll wait to see if she managed to hit anything.
Torrin
Vel'akar

Postby Ardan Styyx » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:54 pm

With Kel barely able to rise and Ariel still recovering from the past minutes' mess, someone had to take charge of things, and Ash being the oldest and most experienced of all (of the entire race by the way...), it makes a lot of sense she just did it.

As her decision to fire, although hrd, it makes a lot of sense : aware or not of Sang's (despicable) plan, she decides to avoid any possibility of being dragged into a cornelian choice threatening the unity onboard the ship by firing upon the hill.

It is sad for the colateral damages, and there will probably be consequences onboard, but that was the right decision to make. Plus Chiri was well aware Sang's troops attacked first, with no discrimination.
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Let's hope the blasts hit Sang, at the very least.

And I don't understand what happened exactly. I thought all the Ssu colonists made it on board ?
Staying in the colony would have probably mean death, since the Legion targeted everyone in the area indiscriminitely.

Although, what happend to Ti'rade, his girlfriend and the zealot ? In a cruel twist, maybe they're the one who'll be destroyed in the bombardment.
I really hope not. :c
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Smokehammer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Ash made the right call.

As far as the hostages well they were dead anyway. If Ariel surrendered she'd look like a mook on fire because she couldve simply gone to the damn meeting like Kyo asked if she wanted to look like she was capitulating. Maybe back then Snadhya wouldve bought it, now you know Sang has orders to kill them. So if she gave up to help her friends, all that happens is they get to watch her die before they do. Dippy whoopie! At least this way they can be avenged.

Sang brings up the hostages, that buys her time to get HER cannons to bare and its over. Where as Ash blasting the hostages makes Ariel & Co look like outlaws, but you know what? They did anyway and they werent getting much in the way of support from the other colonies anyhow. With this, they can take a huge chunk out of Zala'ess forces by acting exactly like no one thought they would. Ariel and Co absolutely must play the aggressor here because they're going to be seen as that no matter what. Hopefully Kel and Ariel(or just Ariel) BACK Ash'warren and take it a step further by actively hunting the Sargs slaughtering them to a man. "But Smoke! That will make the Sarghress hate Ariel!" - I hate to rain on your cookies but they already do. If you're gonna do the time, ya might as well do the crime.

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:Let's hope the blasts hit Sang, at the very least.

And I don't understand what happened exactly. I thought all the Ssu colonists made it on board ?
Staying in the colony would have probably mean death, since the Legion targeted everyone in the area indiscriminitely.

Although, what happend to Ti'rade, his girlfriend and the zealot ? In a cruel twist, maybe they're the one who'll be destroyed in the bombardment.
I really hope not. :c
Remember the guys they left behind at Mach? -Yeah Im thinking thats who Sang dragged here with her -the wounded and the kids and such from Ariel's actual people.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby The14th » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Damn, Sang became a real buzzkill...
The14th
Summoner

Next

Return to Moonless Age