Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 35

Chapter 54 : page 35

Postby Kern » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:09 am

Kel live for now and the ship's break free from it's trap with new refugees on board.
Althought there is some bad blood between Kel and Ariel now, along with a lot of blood spilled.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 35

Postby The14th » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:26 am

The ship escapes, alone with the armada of 'ships Kel is part of.
The14th
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Saffron Walden » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:30 am

I would have enjoyed this better if he died. I don't think the protagonists take enough hits on this sometimes. But this is still interesting.
Saffron Walden
Nether Spawn

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Junglefowl26 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:31 am

Oh yeah, the owl people. That will take care of the harpoons.

Hope you have a plan B Sang.

Like a lot of bees maybe.

(Or maybe a plan Bwoman? ;p )

Hey, Ariel and Faen have matching dogbite wounds. How cute.

In all fairness Ariel, you were there right up until she passed out and I doubt she regained consciousness again, so all you missed was some bleeding out.
Though in fairness to Ariel, sticking around after the coup might have avoided the current situation, since three years of separate probably did a lot to weaken her support and powerbase.

Ariel might be too bold, but Kel is too cautious sometimes. Sometimes inaction is the worst action of all.

Not leaving Mel behind....uh...um....bit late for now anyway. ^^;
And she is probably solidly in Snad's camp at this point. Maybe even has a new Jaal baby to dote on.

(Though I have to admit, I am really curious about Mel. Last we saw her, she thought her younger kids were dead, but Snad told her that Ariel was alive and was planning to get Ariel back for her...but far as I can tell Ariel was ignored for three years and then it was pretty much straight to murder. I wonder how Snad spun that to Mel.)
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby El Bandito » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:31 am

So they didn't fire back at their tormentors...
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:41 am

The14th wrote:The ship escapes, alone with the armada of 'ships Kel is part of.
Commodore Kel'noz and his fleet of 'ships :V
El Bandito wrote:So they didn't fire back at their tormentors...
Sang better count her blessings. They won't catch the Mistwhale unawares a second time
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, recovering after a stupid cyclops golem choked me >:(

Postby Whizzard » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 am

Saffron Walden wrote:I would have enjoyed this better if he died. I don't think the protagonists take enough hits on this sometimes. But this is still interesting.

Hello? Lost their home twice? Lost a great leader and her whole army went into enemies hands? Lost several of their friends? There's more examples of our protagonists losing important things than there is villains losing important things... all Ariel has left is Faen, a couple of friends, Kel'noz and a few dozen colonists who can fight.

It's like saying "The Starks don't take enough hits" while watching the Game of Thrones.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Medrex » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:10 am

I was kind of hoping Kel would get captured by the other side and become our viewpoint character for whatever the hell is going on in the other Sargh camp.
Saffron Walden wrote:I would have enjoyed this better if he died. I don't think the protagonists take enough hits on this sometimes. But this is still interesting.

Nah, this particular team has lost a lot already. They've gone from the tip of the spear of the greatest Drow military force in the underworld to a splinter faction that's lost its home base and is presently being hunted by what should have been the bulk of their support in terms of supplies and reinforcements lead by at least one of their best remaining commanders and elite troops. In exchange they've gained an airship that the enemy clearly already has countermeasures for already. And that's not counting the dead sisters/friends/mothers/allies and fresh taintings they've gotten or the fact that the growing tension between Kel and Ariel is probably going to result in some trouble in the near future.
Medrex
Tainted

Postby Berserk Knight » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:16 am

Perhaps they're just making sure the ship's out of ballista range before turning back to fire so they don't have to worry about return fire.

Eh, who am I kidding...but one can hope.
Berserk Knight
Nether Seed

Postby evilmike » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 am

What madness is this?!?!?!?

KEL IS ALIVE?!?!?!

:L

THE ANGST MUST FLOW!!!
evilmike
Summoner

Postby PSadlon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:59 am

I am not surprised. Saving him fits her character for several reasons. For better or worse she is an idealist and with it comes a leave no living teammate behind philosophy, especially considering as she has lost already. It is simultaneously one of her great strengths & weaknesses. That idealism is large component of her recklessness along with her youth inexperience. That said, Kel can be pretty reckless too; it's pretty much a family trait. How many times has he risked overextending his mana arts in the middle of a battle? I can count at least two since they left Chel alone and he's technically smarter and more experienced. Furthermore, Ariel isn't dumb. Even if that reckless idealism drives her actions she knows she actually needs Kel. He's also gonna strive to protect her the best he can both for the fact she is family and the sake of the clan. He is one of the best strategists there is in this story. He is also the biggest reasons Ash & Lady Z joined and continue to work with them. She knows this all and even if it's not forefront in her mind as she is acting it likely reinforces her protecting him.
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:32 pm

Not yet. Ariel took her lessons from the last sparring match with Quain very, very seriously.

But if Sang thinks the "Little wolf" is a pushover, she's betting on the wrong horse, that's for sure.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby Nowhere Girl » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Even though I didn't care either way emotionally, I like that she saved him anyway just because it averts a tired trope. I could practically see it like this:

Kel: You go ahead! I'll hold them up!

Ariel: No, I'm not leaving you!

Kel: I'd only slow you down! I'll never make it!

Ariel: But we're like literally only two steps fr-

Kel: I'LL NEVER MAKE IT! THERE IS NO CHOICE!

Ariel: Oh shut the f*** up and come on already. *grabs Kel and jumps into the airship*
Nowhere Girl
Summoner

Postby alkaizer87 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:57 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:

Not yet. Ariel took her lessons from the last sparring match with Quain very, very seriously.

But if Sang thinks the "Little wolf" is a pushover, she's betting on the wrong horse, that's for sure.

Yeah, she's not a little wolf. She a big Wolf, a towering one. Ariel freaking tall. I doubt sang will make that mistake, sadly.
alkaizer87
Vel'akar

Location: At home with 3 of Vaelia's kids: 1 girl and 2 boys.

Postby Mizu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:31 pm

Bad blood? Is Kel actually actively suicidal but too responsible to just off himself so he is mad at getting 'saved' when he had an excuse to die doing his duty?
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Next

Return to Moonless Age