Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 32

Re: Chapter 54 : page 32

Postby JohnGB0083 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:44 am

By the of end the chapter, I'm kind of hoping Arial will be hardened by the experience, especially if Kel dies which is likely. If she happens to ever lose Faen as while and doesn't have or least survives a mental break, I pity the fools that made her their enemy. A vengeful cold-hearted shapeshifter would be a very dangerous enemy.
JohnGB0083
Nether Seed

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Pitdragon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:47 am

sunhawk wrote:Who will keep Ash'waren warm at night now?

What usually does: her ambitions.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Sionyx » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 am

Well, crap. Looks like that lung is indeed punctured. Adding my vote to those saying it looks like Kel doesn't think HE'S going to make it, period, and is choosing to go out like a badass. There're probably healers among the colonists who may be able to save him, but given the situation I think Kel's decision is understandable. Maybe escape to maybe healing, or fuck up the legion chasing them. It'd certainly be a better end for him than just dropping from a knife to the back.
Sionyx
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:46 am

People speaking of Ariel 'hardening" reminds me: I am honestly a bit surprised Ariel doesn't even seem to consider negotiating with them. She always had a strong sense of all Sarghress are friends in the past, even when faced with blatant hostility.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Mizu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:43 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:People speaking of Ariel 'hardening" reminds me: I am honestly a bit surprised Ariel doesn't even seem to consider negotiating with them. She always had a strong sense of all Sarghress are friends in the past, even when faced with blatant hostility.

She definitely would be if any of them were in convenient talking distance. She tried doing it to a damn wolf a few pages back, after all.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Koodi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:13 am

Sadly, I've been waiting for this, since Kel's death was flagged already so many pages ago. Kel, pls no... Now I'm left with no-one I like! Goddamnit.

Kel better kill like half of them, if he's killed now without giving out at least the satisfaction of badassery (like I fear it will go since Kern likes to toy around with the cliches) it'll feel even more pointless *upset*
Koodi
Tainted

Postby evilmike » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am

Bye Kel.

Nice knowing ya.

At least you managed to outlive yer mom. That in itself is pretty amazing, actually.
evilmike
Summoner

Postby Lewa » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Mizu wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:People speaking of Ariel 'hardening" reminds me: I am honestly a bit surprised Ariel doesn't even seem to consider negotiating with them. She always had a strong sense of all Sarghress are friends in the past, even when faced with blatant hostility.

She definitely would be if any of them were in convenient talking distance. She tried doing it to a damn wolf a few pages back, after all.

I think the wolf was meant to be a symbol for these Sarghress legions as a whole. Like, Ariel left them behind in the underworld, had no contact for years, and now they see her as an enemy. She learned from the wolf that the same would be true of the people.
Lewa
Tainted

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby El Bandito » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Time for some honorable sacrifice.
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Cladriah » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Interesting, Angjss'stra is one of the traitors. Since she was protective of Quin. I guess getting attacked broke her views of her.
Cladriah
Nether Seed

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:30 am

Cladriah wrote:Interesting, Angjss'stra is one of the traitors. Since she was protective of Quin. I guess getting attacked broke her views of her.
Yeah, Angjss is with the Legion now. She also lost her mate Ilivafay about the same time, not sure if she's aware of her passing. Maybe she went looking for her after she recovered, and after 3 years, she's resigned herself to the fact that she's probably dead, perhaps died during the Puppeteering. Hollowed out inside due to the loss of Quain, Suu'be, and Mandroga, the departure of Ariel's faction, and unable to find her mate, Angjss may be a different person than we all remember...
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Previous

Return to Moonless Age