Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 32

Chapter 54 : page 32

Postby Kern » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:41 pm

The enemy could be on them any moment, leaving Kel no choice but to stay behind and try to hold them off long enough for the ship to escape.
i know, its tropy to want to stay behind. Maybe he's getting Ariel's bad influence of volounteering for shit.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 32

Postby Saffron Walden » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Did it puncture? Probably! Will Kel die? A good chance, I'd say. This military operation was exceptionally poorly thought out on the main character renegades' end.
Saffron Walden
Nether Spawn

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby James Rye » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:10 pm

Well, shit, the ship's balloon is hit. That thing is going down very soonish even if it does manage to escape. And god damn it, Kel! Stop adding death flags to yourself, bro! Ariel only has so much family left!
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:29 pm

"I'll hold them off"? Might as well declare that you are two days from retirement and show off a picture of your girl back home

Also Ariel is right, you guys are like three steps from the ramp. Ariel should just grab him and do her air jump thing onto the ship

Let's see...oh, it looks like Angjyss got her eye back. Good for her.

Hope Tirade and Abyte didn't get left behind with the Legion and Staby McGee

Also, once more this calls for a song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60BjkUtqxPE

I mean this song ;p : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS-uS9pmho
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Saffron Walden » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:57 pm

This is actually probably a pretty good time in the story for Kel to die.
Saffron Walden
Nether Spawn

Postby Tnoz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Welp. Any famous last words? Message for Mel? Ect?
Tnoz
Tik'tikki

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Ardan Styyx » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:06 pm

Oh crap Kel, now is really not the time to play the "leave-me-there-I'm-gonna-sacrifice-myself-'cause-I'm-a-f....g-hero" song, especially while you are 2 steps away from the gangway!

Now, if it was THAT easy to pierce the airship enveloppe, WHY ON EARTH Ariel and co didn't do this very thing in the first place in Machike? Didn't they have a mother-f....g-Mana canon????? o_O

This whole battle is losing more and more consistency... first the legion-that-nobody-heard-nor-saw-approaching, then the turned-to-paper-airship, and now this appaling suicidal decision? :[

What's next? The engine wouldn't turn on? *upset*
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Saffron Walden » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:13 pm

Ardan Styyx wrote:Oh crap Kel, now is really not the time to play the "leave-me-there-I'm-gonna-sacrifice-myself-'cause-I'm-a-f....g-hero" song, especially while you are 2 steps away from the gangway!

Now, if it was THAT easy to pierce the airship enveloppe, WHY ON EARTH Ariel and co didn't do this very thing in the first place in Machike? Didn't they have a mother-f....g-Mana canon????? o_O

This whole battle is losing more and more consistency... first the legion-that-nobody-heard-nor-saw-approaching, then the turned-to-paper-airship, and now this appaling suicidal decision? :[

Well, they did manage to hit the airship when it was on the ground.
Saffron Walden
Nether Spawn

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:18 pm

Yeah - the problem when the airship engaged Machtike was that it was too fast and agile in the air to hit.

On the ground though, it is just a fat, juicy target.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Saffron Walden » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:27 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:Yeah - the problem when the airship engaged Machtike was that it was too fast and agile in the air to hit.

On the ground though, it is just a fat, juicy target.

Never let the enemy destroy your planes (or airships) on the ground. I suppose they can be sort of forgiven since nobody really knows how to use an air yet.
Saffron Walden
Nether Spawn

Postby SoulCode » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 pm

'Hit the deck!' I wanted to cry at first.

So they are grappling the ship. This gives me deja-vu when Relic Hunters did the same thing. So I give credit to the legion for not f'ing around.

I have to agree with most however as they are very close to the ramp already.

Anyway, a cool page.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Lee'yane » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:38 pm

The only only way I could see Kel's sacrificial declaration making sense--both for the situation of being so close to escape, and as a character as tactically-minded/least-brash as Kelnoz-- is if that wound did hit harder than he initially acted and he believes he "won't make it" ON the ship, not TO the ship like it sounds like he's saying. In other words, he thinks he's going to die anyway so he might as well buy the others time. Still pretty cliche or "tropey" but one that actually has tactical merit enough that you have tons of situation in real life of the same logic.

Saffron Walden wrote:
Ardan Styyx wrote:Oh crap Kel, now is really not the time to play the "leave-me-there-I'm-gonna-sacrifice-myself-'cause-I'm-a-f....g-hero" song, especially while you are 2 steps away from the gangway!

Well, they did manage to hit the airship when it was on the ground.

It probably helps (Sang's group and the plausibility) that this group came prepared with siege grade ballista catapults. You couple that strategy with the surprise ambush while the ship is stationary and you've got the strategy that easily defeats the ship. (There's a reason the ship only works effectively as a weapon against fortified colonies so well was to trick the colonies to thinking it wasn't going to be used when it was.)
Lee'yane
Summoner

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Oh this is so bad. So very bad. How the heck is the legion justifying this in their heads?
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Mizu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:06 am

That blood trickling out of his mouth bodes poorly for any hope he doesn't have serious internal injuries from that shanking (unless they are going by anime rules, but I don't think they are).
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby sunhawk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:36 am

Who will keep Ash'waren warm at night now?
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Next

Return to Moonless Age