Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 31

Re: Chapter 54 : page 31

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Koil, at least, I can understand hating Ariel. "If you hadn't broken out of the prison I put you in, Su'ube, my mother would still be alive! Doesn't matter that you were in there unjustly because you were attacked without provocation by Riviel. Doesn't matter you only broke out because an assassin broke in and tried to kill you. Doesn't matter that Quain SHOULD have gone after Su'ube when she was found, with her squad, right outside the room where one of your nephews was killed. It's ALL YOUR FAULT, and I WANT YOU DEAD!"

Sang... I can't really fathom why she's so happy to go along with this.

She specifically tried to keep Ariel and Quain's bloodline safe during the coup. (Presumably instigated by Khaless, and fanned by Su'ube.) Not her fault Ariel jumped out a window and ran off, right into an ambush set up by Riviel, and all the stuff above.

Now... She's sided with Koil to serve THE SHAREN, the very people who maimed her and she wants to genocide, with a passion, to hunt down the very same Ariel she tried to protect.

And considering the Legion was specifically sent out AFTER the airship, she should know Ariel only took the airship because the airship shot at Ariel first!

So no way is this a "so that Ariel traitor is allying with the Sharen and needs to be put down" kind of thing.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Well, as long as we are talking about loyalty to Quain, it is important to remember that Quain made the alliance, so sticking to it can be seen as being loyal to Quain's will. It wouldn't be the first time one of Quain's daughters was declared a traitor.

Still, as has been mentioned on nearly every page thus far, there are a lot of potential reasons for Sang to be doing what she is doing, including for the simple reason that refusing to go after Ariel might mean plunging Chel back into a devastating civil war and leaving the Sarghress in a bad spot.

Smokehammer wrote:Kyorl, wherefore art thy Lancers?

This is more or less a small vacation colony, founded by a pacifist Holy Mother, in a safe part of the world. It makes sense there isn't a large defense for here.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Saffron Walden » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:50 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:Still, as has been mentioned on nearly every page thus far, there are a lot of potential reasons for Sang to be doing what she is doing, including for the simple reason that refusing to go after Ariel might mean plunging Chel back into a devastating civil war and leaving the Sarghress in a bad spot.

Fully agree with this. You don't betray the stability-creating sovereign power just because they mutilated you. You have to do what you think is best for the entire country/clan/polity. And I feel like it would seem that the alliance is a necessary evil to Sang in this situation.
Saffron Walden
Nether Spawn

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:48 pm

Saffron Walden wrote:
Fully agree with this. You don't betray the stability-creating sovereign power just because they mutilated you. You have to do what you think is best for the entire country/clan/polity. And I feel like it would seem that the alliance is a necessary evil to Sang in this situation.

What stability power? Ariel and Koil were communicating and Koil was even taking orders from Ariel right up until the airship came and committed war crimes attacking Matchike!

Are you suggesting Sang somehow doesn't know this?

At best, Sang's just making a power ploy for her own sake, making herself the new Ilharess, in name only. She should know how utterly untrustworthy the highest of the Sharen trio is.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Rodryg » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:38 am

I have the same question as Ardan, how the hell did they manage to stay stealthy, chase the ship and move a freaking siege equipment all at the same time ?! This breaks all logic from logistical point of view, they could stay stealthy if they keep off roads or the whole area is wildernes with a few colonies and it was easy to not be noticed, but then how did they manage to move heavy equipment and keep the speed at the same time ?! If they had to chase flying airship they still would need a method to keep the speed with it and move equipment and multiple people at decent speed again winouth a road and staying stealthy ? Only exlanation I have uis that Ariel and crew went full retard and fly the ship at the speed of the snail so they could just walk behind it :P Not to mention about the "awesome" tracking of flyingship from the ground, does it smell that badly it can be tracked that way or leave HUGE trial of mana that can be detected ? Another thing is that we can assume that they developed effective balistas made of cardboard so they are light and easy to move and assemble lol :P That or Legion is so ignorant of logistic in army that it became superpower allowing them to achieve things that would need solid organisation and resources just like that. So what this is "magic" or did they travel "powered by plot drama" ?!
Rodryg
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby El Bandito » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:09 pm

Get those cannons up and running ASAP.
El Bandito
Summoner

Previous

Return to Moonless Age