Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 30

Re: Chapter 54 : page 30

Postby Ardan Styyx » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:06 am

I still don't get how Sang could actually turn so easilly to serve those who inflicted that to her.
Same goes actually with the whole lot of the so called Sarghress...

After all, Diva was right : they don't deserve the title of clan. They are just salesblades without honor.

Sad.
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Moric » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:27 am

Ardan Styyx wrote:I still don't get how Sang could actually turn so easilly to serve those who inflicted that to her.

After all, Diva was right : they don't deserve the title of clan. They are just salesblades without honor.

Sad.

If we get further backstory, I think it could go something like this:
She was captured, tortured, and had her limbs amputated, yet her hatred of the Sharen Vals kept her true. They were starting to slice through her neck (notice the scars) when she was saved. Her savior was not her fellow Sarghress, but none other than Snadhya'rune. After learning about Snadhya's plan to eliminate all Vals, Sang's interest was caught. After the Nidraa'chal War, the evidence of her new, secret, mistress's intent was more than enough to turn Sang. Now she is truly loyal to Snadhya'rune...
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Smokehammer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:39 am

Also, something besides putting up with Diva's nagging made Snadhya turn against her own Clan. Sarv'swati was batshit loyal to her, and Ashu and Nishi werent argumentative. Sillice wouldve of course taken offense to Diva's murder but really if Snad had been willing to wait until Diva died, only Zala'ess wouldve challanged her for the throne. So there's more motive to destroying the Sharen than "they were a threat to her power".

I think its because the people hated the Sharen, so Snadhya rightfully figured that with them holding little sway over the population that she had to change the whole system in order to be Empress for real. What better way to do that then to be part of the Sargrhess revolution?

Remember, Snadhya said the Nidraa had multiple founders. Its quite possible that Sang is one of them.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Thrair » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:54 am

That part of Sang's page was written by Jakiaah all the way back in 2012. When the wiki was first being established.

Also, while the wiki is hosted is hosted by the main website's servers, the content is made via contributors. Our general policy is to verify information before adding it, but the wiki is still half-updated and said contributors are human.

So "official wiki" is something to take with a grain of salt.

That said, I can always ask Kern next time I see him and I'm tinkering. Get official confirmation on it. Though based on her concepts and what I've seen of her appearances, I'd always through she was a quadruple amputee. Will have to see what Kern says.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)

Postby sunhawk » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:00 am

Smokehammer wrote:Also, something besides putting up with Diva's nagging made Snadhya turn against her own Clan. Sarv'swati was batshit loyal to her, and Ashu and Nishi werent argumentative. Sillice wouldve of course taken offense to Diva's murder but really if Snad had been willing to wait until Diva died, only Zala'ess wouldve challanged her for the throne. So there's more motive to destroying the Sharen than "they were a threat to her power".

I think its because the people hated the Sharen, so Snadhya rightfully figured that with them holding little sway over the population that she had to change the whole system in order to be Empress for real. What better way to do that then to be part of the Sargrhess revolution?

Remember, Snadhya said the Nidraa had multiple founders. Its quite possible that Sang is one of them.

How do we even know if Snad and other merged drow are really themselves anymore, and not demons in drow suits?
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Smokehammer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 am

Sha'sana ?

I'd go with Khaless' explanation though, which is basically you cant know.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Saffron Walden » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:09 am

Ardan Styyx wrote:I still don't get how Sang could actually turn so easilly to serve those who inflicted that to her.

Sad.

Probably because she wants to fight for the major power so the wars stop under a sort of Pax Nidrachalia.
Saffron Walden
Nether Spawn

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Thrair » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:16 am

Kern just confirmed. Sang had all four limbs cut off. That 2012-era wiki content is misleading, and shall be corrected. Though her page needs a LOT of work, so I'm just gonna settle for noting the quad amputation bit for now.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)

Previous

Return to Moonless Age