Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 15

Re: Chapter 54 : page 15

Postby Moric » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:49 am

Mizu wrote:There is far less Chiri setting people on fire then I expected.

Only the cold comfort of Kyo'nne's tears saved them from conflagration.
Moric
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:33 am

Lt Anders wrote:
The14th wrote:Wait, what Sarg seer is Chiri talking about?

Herself.

And the Sarghs were "keeping their seer", when she was recalled for a very important Kyorl mission and never returned ;)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: Riding da Mistwhale, ready to kick butt and chew bubble gum
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 am

I just noticed the pained "FML" expression on Kel'noz's face. :w
Moric
Summoner

Postby El Bandito » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:28 am

You tell them, Chiri. No female should stand for this rude interruption. *lol*
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:22 am

Oh... boy. That's got to be one of the biggest faux-pass, ever, Ariel.

Then again, in Ariel's defense, Chiri didn't exactly send invitations, and decided, one-sidedly, to hold the ceremony ONE DAY after finding herself pregnant. If she had waited a reasonable amount of time, say a week, Ariel showing up with her airship would have made one hell of a bridal presentation!
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby Kear'Naun » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:38 am

sunhawk wrote:Kyrols are smol.

Only in comparison to Ariel and Kel, both of Quaintana's giant linage. ^^; Compared to Faen they ... are still short? Well, damn, they really are smol! :w
Kear'Naun
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:25 am

We joked about Faen waving from the ship because she didn't want to miss the wedding, but here she is waving because she doesn't know she wrecked it.

You would think that an empath could read the mood. ^^

You know, I think this is the most pissed I have ever seen Chiri. Even when she is burning heretics she seems calmer.

"Ever heard of sending a message ahead of time?"
I am kind of surprised about that as well. The Ys operation was planned out in advance, so why didn't they check out and communicate with potential sympathizers in other colonies as well?

"You came with a whole army too, as if you'd invade the place!"
Yeah....about that......*awkwardness intensifies.*

Correct me if I wrong, but didn't Chiri leave them? "If i hadn't ditched you, this wouldn't have happened, you jerks!"

Or, you know what, I am going to choose to believe that Meilin was the seer assigned to the Sarghress and they kicked her out after one "Uwah" too many. :P

Interesting that Faen tells them rather than Kel. Where did Faen learn it I wonder?
Hmmm....Chiri probably mentioned it before in a conversation while Ariel was daydreaming about punching dragons or petting wolves or something.

I would love to see Kyo's reaction to these events.

Also for Chiri and Shan to meet the cute kids.

JVElEven wrote:Something I didn't think I'd want more of: Sheepish Ariel.

Especially when she's sheepish because she realizes she's done something silly, but clearly has no idea what she's ruined.

Poor Chiri, though.

Agreed.

Shikomei will go down in history as the colony that repelled an invasion by shaming the invaders :)

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Later:

Ariel: And they were celebrating something called "Vows Day", but then we arrived and landed our troops and all the guests ran in panic and... :@
Kenro: "Vows Day..?" o_O
Faen: A Kyorl custom... a couple swears to be together forever... :O
Vaelia: Her wedding?!! Your ruined Val'Chiri'nide's wedding?! *omfg* How come you are still alive?! :A
Chiri: SEE?! SEE?!!! SHE GETS IT!!! *evileye*

EDIT: I want to know what happened at Ssunaph and Ama'varde (it seems the Tei'kailath refused to even allow them to come near their city and arranged a meeting at the edge of the forest, and the Nals were hostile... it seems the call for help didn't go so well...).

1. *wee*

(Actually, I wonder if Vaela married. She seems to still be on good terms with the father of her kids but he isn't around a lot, and Vaelia didn't refer to him as her husband.)

2. Yeah, I am also really curious about that.

I mean, I think the TK meeting went well since at least one TK cameo joins the cast this chapter, though I have no idea how it would go well. I am also curious if Ariel attacked if she was met with hostility at either colony - I mean, she did take over Ys, but in a well planned coup designed to be as bloodless as possible - that is very different from a direct assault.

Mmmm... I wonder how the Illhar'do treated their seer... the Illhar'do are quite friendly and open, and their Ravenite branch are, together with the Sarghess and pre-timeskip Nal'Sarkoth, among the least racist among the drow, but their Nuqrian branch, on the other hand, is probably VERY racist, knowing the drowussu only as a slave caste...

Good question.

Hmm...I don't think there are enough seers for everyone, so it might make sense for the Illhardro to not get one...but then again the Sharen did despite the tainting and general clan hostility.

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Oh... boy. That's got to be one of the biggest faux-pass, ever, Ariel.

Then again, in Ariel's defense, Chiri didn't exactly send invitations, and decided, one-sidedly, to hold the ceremony ONE DAY after finding herself pregnant. If she had waited a reasonable amount of time, say a week, Ariel showing up with her airship would have made one hell of a bridal presentation!

Yeah, the timing worked out really ironically on this. Literally any other day would have been fine.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:32 am

you know, the strings of lanterns and the brazier do look like landing lights from above... 8P
Kear'Naun wrote:
Only in comparison to Ariel and Kel, both of Quaintana's giant linage. ^^; Compared to Faen they ... are still short? Well, damn, they really are smol! :w
I think when they first met, Chiri was almost a head taller than Ariel XD and wasn't Faen taller than her too? :3

Commercial on NetherTV: Ariel holding a small can in her hand

Ariel: "Grow big and strong like me! Try Val'Sarghress brand rations...comes in fish flavor, fish with fish, fish and fish..." *bigsmile*
Squad of Sarghress males: "Fish fish fish fish, fish fish fish fish, fishety FIIISH, fishety fiiish..." :O :O :O :O
Ariel: "Shut up! Shut uuup!" :V
(an old Monty Python skit)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: Riding da Mistwhale, ready to kick butt and chew bubble gum

Postby BlackFulcrum » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:10 am

Doom Chinchilla wrote:EDIT: I want to know what happened at Ssunaph and Ama'varde (it seems the Tei'kailath refused to even allow them to come near their city and arranged a meeting at the edge of the forest, and the Nals were hostile... it seems the call for help didn't go so well...).

Ssunaph would probably gone much the same as the goings on at the main Nal colony, it basically strong armed them into surrendering without much fighting.

As for Ama'varde, well one would indeed be colony security, if the goings on in Moonless Age are roughly the same as in Path to Power than the Tei'kaliath have at least 2 Airships of their own which they don't want advertise to the Sarg, who would probably want more to strengthen their eventual assault, something the clan as a whole might not be interested in joining.
Also the Tei'kaliath would have had a huge battle to defend Ama'varde against the Black Sun two years prior to the current events, which they won, but they wouldn't want an other army on our doorstep that soon, friendly or not.
The Tei'kaliath are highly individualistic, and are allowed to act and operate outside the clan's main policy, as long they don't endanger the clan and Ama'varde while doing so, so if any Tei would want to join the Sarg, they'd meet them well outside the Tei'kaliath area as not to involve the rest of the clan.

With the above in mind, the fact that as an airship needs an open field to land in to take on passengers, the hills and fields northwest of the Amaranth forest are the closest for something that big to land, at least outside the plain around Ama'varde itself, which is the only place large, flat, and open enough inside the forest where one could land, the rest of Amaranth is just dense, hard to traverse forest, with a single road leading west from Ama'varde to the Halme village of Hanen which is further south along the western edge of the forest then yesterday's map could show.

An other is just sheer distance, if I remember correctly, flying with the Tei'kaliath Airship from Ama'varde to the edge of the Mist Sea, so basically straight north along the river, which is shortest way there, took the better part of a day, the southwest corner of the Mist Sea, where the Sarg airship is, is much, much further away.
BlackFulcrum
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am

Kear'Naun wrote:

Technically, it is supposed to go like this:

Female Dokkalfar > Male Dokkalfar > Female Drowolath > Male Drowussu > Noz > Male Drowolath > Female Drowussu > Hermionnes > Halmes and Emberis > Kotorks > Ferals.

In practice, this is often not respected, and many Drowolath males are way taller than many Drowussu makes...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Finn MacCool » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:28 pm

Hmm, Ariel saying "greenies" seems a little bit out of character.
Or was the Nal'sarkoth's welcome that bad?
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Postby Moric » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:49 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:We joked about Faen waving from the ship because she didn't want to miss the wedding, but here she is waving because she doesn't know she wrecked it.

You would think that an empath could read the mood. ^^

Ash'waren: I think that I've seen that sort of thing before, maybe five centuries ago, but what was it?
Faen: I feel a great deal of love and happiness down there. They look to have set up for a festival, so they must have foreseen your arrival Ariel!
Ariel: Well then, we best not disappoint them. Break out the kegs!
Kel'noz: I suggest we open Kane's private stock...
Whole Wolfpack: Woo! Party!
(hilarity ensues when they all disembark at once)

Junglefowl26 wrote:You know, I think this is the most pissed I have ever seen Chiri. Even when she is burning heretics she seems calmer.

1. Righteous indignation is a picnic compared to anger over something personal.
2. Pregnant anger is truly something to behold, and even better to flee from.

Junglefowl26 wrote:"Ever heard of sending a message ahead of time?"
I am kind of surprised about that as well. The Ys operation was planned out in advance, so why didn't they check out and communicate with potential sympathizers in other colonies as well?

Time is of the essence, what, with a hostile army marching at your back. Sending messengers would slow them down.

Junglefowl26 wrote:"You came with a whole army too, as if you'd invade the place!"
Yeah....about that......*awkwardness intensifies.*

Wolfpack again: Woo! Party!

Junglefowl26 wrote:Correct me if I wrong, but didn't Chiri leave them? "If i hadn't ditched you, this wouldn't have happened, you jerks!"

Or, you know what, I am going to choose to believe that Meilin was the seer assigned to the Sarghress and they kicked her out after one "Uwah" too many. :P

Funnier if it was supposed to be Chiri.
Merril: Shan, she's the Sarghress seer.
Shan: I know, but I want to live long enough to see the baby!

Junglefowl26 wrote:Interesting that Faen tells them rather than Kel. Where did Faen learn it I wonder?
Hmmm....Chiri probably mentioned it before in a conversation while Ariel was daydreaming about punching dragons or petting wolves or something.

Ash'waren: Oh yeah, this looks like that Vow Ceremony that the fifth Holy Mother had!
Faen: What's that?
Ash'waren: Oh, they promise to be mates for life, but afterwards, an orgy of chocolate. It was quite a party.
Faen: How romantic!
Ash'waren: Meh, romance never lasts.

Junglefowl26 wrote:I would love to see Kyo's reaction to these events.

Kau: What's wrong?
Kyo'nne: (weeping loudly)I'll be alone forever! I wanna die!!!!
Kau: Anything I can do?
Kyo'nne: (sniffs) ...Hold me...
(Kau dies from a massive nosebleed)

Junglefowl26 wrote:(Actually, I wonder if Vaela married. She seems to still be on good terms with the father of her kids but he isn't around a lot, and Vaelia didn't refer to him as her husband.)

Perhaps, perhaps not. We don't know what he does. Perhaps he is a noble from the region, and so neither have much opportunity to leave home. I doubt that a seasoned fighter would have much to relate with an ignorant peasant.

Junglefowl26 wrote:Yeah, I am also really curious about that.

I mean, I think the TK meeting went well since at least one TK cameo joins the cast this chapter, though I have no idea how it would go well. I am also curious if Ariel attacked if she was met with hostility at either colony - I mean, she did take over Ys, but in a well planned coup designed to be as bloodless as possible - that is very different from a direct assault.

The TK Ill'har knew of Kel'noz's Staff of Lordly Might? (It is treated as a +2 light mace...)

If the Nals were hostile, I don't think Tiny Salad's governor is still in charge anymore.
Tirre'nolt: So you were our contact all this time? And who is this?

Junglefowl26 wrote:Yeah, the timing worked out really ironically on this. Literally any other day would have been fine.

The protagonist always arrives at the critical moment. This time, it wasn't a helpful one.
Moric
Summoner

Postby PSadlon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:19 am

This whole mess is can be summed up in one movie quote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f-MZ2HRHQ
PSadlon
Summoner

Previous

Return to Moonless Age