Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 14

Chapter 54 : page 14

Postby Kern » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:17 pm

They continue traveling across the rim of the underworld to seek new allies.
And they end at a familiar place where the last chapter ended. Wrapping up the timeline to join back with Chiri/Shan's wedding. If PTP were still ongoing this would have been a great opportunity for crossover, but its been so many years the project was wrapped up.
Note this page did not receive thalar usual proofreading. Its possible grammar issues slipped in a text bubble.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 14

Postby Moatl » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:40 pm

As expected Koana has his own »issues« with the ship :) – reminding me on Gyro Gearloose's (aka Daniel Düsentrieb) motto in German translations:
»Dem Ingenör ist nichts zu schwör…« :D
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Kear'Naun » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:18 pm

Ah, the PtP mention still gives me lots of warm and fuzzy nostalgia feelings. ^^
Kear'Naun
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Aurawyn » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Kear'Naun wrote:Ah, the PtP mention still gives me lots of warm and fuzzy nostalgia feelings. ^^

Although I was not part of PtP for very long, I got fuzzie too!
Aurawyn
Demon

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Mmmm... I wonder what did the Nals do... Tiny Salad is pro-Snadhya, but Ariel has Apura with her, she has rescued Eria, a Nal'Sarkoth val who was kept as a slave by Snadhya, and many among the Nals probably suspect Tiny Salad killed IRel'lumia and Ini'riia...

I would have liked to have seen the meeting between Ariel and Anjali. The Tei'kailath couldn't be kept under control leaving just a dozen soldiers, and if the ship attacked the Tei'kaliath could retreat to the Amaranth forest and wait for it to go away... Why would Anjali accept to help Ariel? What did Snadhya do? What did Ariel offer?

As for the Kyorls... I don't think they can join Ariel without Anahid's permission. Not unless Merril, the Uwaah Seer has been granted special, ample powers by Anahid, and she can take that decision on her own... She has been hinted to be WAY more intelligent than she looks, she has taken relevant initiatives (looking for the imprisioned servant of Shimi'lade, warning the Sarghess of the Kyorl ambush, convincing the other seers to openly make a stand against Valla...), and she was entrusted by Anahid with the task of being the Kyorl representative in the meeting in the Sarghess fortress...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Whizzard » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:14 pm

If you get TK's on your side, you have double the airship! Well, except TK ship is not a military variant though it has been weaponized with ballistas by the Tei'kaliath but it certainly doesn't have the same levels of firepower. But it won't join Ariel's fleet though, OG reason is that it's just a callback and IG reason that TK's would likely not pledge themselves to Ariel's side as a whole.

Hey, but this could still mean that the next cameo call could include a Tei'kaliath cameos on Ariel side. *ooo*
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Whizzard wrote:If you get TK's on your side, you have double the airship! Well, except TK ship is not a military variant though it has been weaponized with ballistas by the Tei'kaliath but it certainly doesn't have the same levels of firepower. But it won't join Ariel's fleet though, OG reason is that it's just a callback and IG reason that TK's would likely not pledge themselves to Ariel's side as a whole.

Hey, but this could still mean that the next cameo call could include a Tei'kaliath cameos on Ariel side. *ooo*

Naaah! If the Tei'kailath had an airship in canon, the bargaining in Ama'varde would take at least one chapter, maybe two... The Tei'kailath airship could be the weapon Snadhya and the Alliance needed to to defeat Ariel's airship, so Anjali would be visited by ambassadors from Chel and Felde who would pressure her to join...

So nope, the Tei'kailath don't have an airship, and if they ever had one, Snadhya destroyed it during the timeskip...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tnoz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:03 pm

"Hi, Chiri! Hope we're not interrupting something important or anything!"
Tnoz
Tik'tikki

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Moric » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:04 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Mmmm... I wonder what did the Nals do... Tiny Salad is pro-Snadhya, but Ariel has Apura with her, she has rescued Eria, a Nal'Sarkoth val who was kept as a slave by Snadhya, and many among the Nals probably suspect Tiny Salad killed IRel'lumia and Ini'riia...

Methinks that the destruction of Machike was somewhere in the neighborhood of step 37b of Snadhya's plans for crushing the wills of anyone who would so much as think of not licking her boots for eternity. It's been three years of uncontested tightening of a noose that she has slipped over the necks of everyone related to Chel'el'Sussoloth. I suspect this is why we see so many of the Wolfpack cameos that come from some pretty unlikely backgrounds (I'm looking at you, Ischa). Knowing little of PtP, I cannot say, though the general vibe I get of the Nal's, I suspect that they would be quietly chafing under Tiny Salad. Perhaps if the money's good, their discretion is secure?

That said, we don't know how far the Wolfpack is willing to go to secure the cooperation of a given colony. Ys is something of a special case, as it was Snadhya's pet colony.

Doom Chinchilla wrote:I would have liked to have seen the meeting between Ariel and Anjali. The Tei'kailath couldn't be kept under control leaving just a dozen soldiers, and if the ship attacked the Tei'kaliath could retreat to the Amaranth forest and wait for it to go away... Why would Anjali accept to help Ariel? What did Snadhya do? What did Ariel offer?

We don't know terms offered or conditions lived. Unless sudden appearances of PtP characters emerge, we can deduce interaction is minimal. That said, Snadhya works with the Black Suns, Kel'noz is a sexy stud, but mixing friendship with Val'Nal'Sarkoth and Kavahini probably makes for some interesting discussions.

Doom Chinchilla wrote:As for the Kyorls... I don't think they can join Ariel without Anahid's permission. Not unless Merril, the Uwaah Seer has been granted special, ample powers by Anahid, and she can take that decision on her own... She has been hinted to be WAY more intelligent than she looks, she has taken relevant initiatives (looking for the imprisioned servant of Shimi'lade, warning the Sarghess of the Kyorl ambush, convincing the other seers to openly make a stand against Valla...), and she was entrusted by Anahid with the task of being the Kyorl representative in the meeting in the Sarghess fortress...

Given that Kel'noz has been working out plans for the conquest of Ys for quite some time, I doubt his intentions are beyond the scope of quasi-empathy-based Kyorl prescience. Perhaps Merril has already seen things, even if Chiri's been too "preoccupied" to see anything other than Shan's -err...physique. Anahid, though forgiving and peace-loving, is no longer a babe in the woods. She's seen evil herself, and perhaps has seen things that are really bad for the Kyorls therein. After all, Snadhya'rune has every intention of the eventual extermination of the clans.

Tnoz wrote:"Hi, Chiri! Hope we're not interrupting something important or anything!"

Meh, get some cans and string, paint on the "Just Married", and you're fine. After all, what's a better Kyorl honeymoon than slaughtering nether summoners while on a cruise?
Moric
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Yay! More colonies!

I wonder how the meetings went. I doubt any of the clan run colonies would be willing to break with the alliance...then again the Nals were pretty divided and Apura was apparently something of a leader so maybe she could talk these ones into joining?

As for the TK, they are their own clan, but have strong ties to the Nals. Plus, iirc, they are somewhat friendly with the Sharen but have bad blood with the Sarghs.

The guy carrying the TK banner seems to be a cameo that was part of the pack last chapter. Maybe he got sent ahead to be an ambassador?

In any case, looks like Kern changed his mind on the whole "the TKs were defeated and disbanded in canon" thing.

What is this? Teasing Kau/Kyo...there was the chibi earlier (and I suppose they had sex in daydream but that was a rather humorous scenario). Still, I wonder what made the authors take a liking to the idea.
I have to admit I kind of liked the idea of Kau/Sarnel. The comic could use a prominent male/male couple, and the two have a fair number of scenes showing them develop a strong emotional connection. In particular there was Sarnel holding Kau after the final fight of 52 and telling him he was magnificent in battle. Though, of course, there is something a bit creepy about going after your dead lover's nearly identical twin.

Speaking of shipping, is that Mimian flirting with Sarnel, or is she just "hanging out" :P
Mimian: I sleep upside down, just like owls.
Sarnel: That is bats.
Mimian: No wai!

Well, in either case - is that Sarnel smiling? *eek*

Oh boy, map time!
Let's see - Oh, Shikomei is to the south eh? Hmm....I thought it was up north, since it was snowing and had temperate plants - I thought the south ridge of the Mist Sea was all jungle.
That would explain how they have avoided any problems with the Hermoine.
Looking again, this is the path Ariel mentioned - apparently just remember her stating she wanted to avoid the Mist Rivers down south, above Chel, and thought that meant she was going around the mist sea the long way.
Interesting that she describes Shikomei as her "next target" when there were at least two other stops along the way.

In any case, I am surprised they didn't see the Legion on the way.

Hmm...wonder why they had a whole page showing the Legion finding the ship at Ys if they Legion neither attacks Ys nor catches up with the airship....

Oh, and that panel with Koana is pretty great XD

Kern wrote:They continue traveling across the rim of the underworld to seek new allies.

The airship Skywhale - its continuing mission: to seek out new life and new allies*, to boldly go where no drow has gone before.

"Um, actually we are just going around to the colonies so we are only going where drow have gone before."
"Look, the Enterprise spends a lot of time in the borders of the Federation and no one nitpicked that! Yeesh...no one let's me have my fun...."

*As an aside: I know it isn't likely, but I would love it if Ariel took her friendship with Vaelia to heart and started making non-drow allies. Haltonreibe, or maybe some polity in Nuwa. Hmm....well, I suppose those are too far away to really send help in time...course, that would be true of Shikomei as well, not to mention Shikomei is a peaceful hippie commune - I mean colony - anyway and won't have many warriors to contribute.

Kern wrote:And they end at a familiar place where the last chapter ended. Wrapping up the timeline to join back with Chiri/Shan's wedding. If PTP were still ongoing this would have been a great opportunity for crossover, but its been so many years the project was wrapped up.

Oh man, that would be really interesting to see.

Well, I can see it causing a bit of a fight among the subscribers whether to ally with the Wolf Pack or not....

Plus, with Amvarde having its own airship...it seems kind of hard to square that with the importance of this airship to everything. At least, I would expect that Snad would go to great lengths to get the TK airship.
To say nothing of that ancient dock full of airships that the TK and Nals agreed to split.
(Also interesting that none of those airships have laser cannons. Disrepair, or where they civilian models and this was military?)

It also might be a little awkward, since the TK had a big battle against Mimian forces attacking a Nal outpost. ^^;

Come to think of it, that would make it all the more fun to see.

...Oh, and while they are here, the Wolf Pack should ally with the Feral village from We Are Ferals. ;)

Hey, but this could still mean that the next cameo call could include a Tei'kaliath cameos on Ariel side.

There are already some Tei cameos in the Wolf Pack. I think they might be the most common non-Sarghs in Ariel's faction, next to Dutanvirs.

Snadhya works with the Black Suns,

There are some Black Sun cameos in the Wolf Pack as well.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Marcellogo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:25 pm

Given that here is a Nal' Sarkhoth colony along the way maybe there is a possibility to found in it the only one that has actually kicked Ariel's butt, our beloved distressed child Shinae Vel'Sharen?
Hope the She would be the one to put the final nail on the Daughterkiller's coffin.
Marcellogo
Summoner

Postby Moric » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:As for the TK, they are their own clan, but have strong ties to the Nals. Plus, iirc, they are somewhat friendly with the Sharen but have bad blood with the Sarghs.

These Sarghs or those Sarghs? Pretty strange situation to get caught up in.

Junglefowl26 wrote:I have to admit I kind of liked the idea of Kau/Sarnel. The comic could use a prominent male/male couple, and the two have a fair number of scenes showing them develop a strong emotional connection. In particular there was Sarnel holding Kau after the final fight of 52 and telling him he was magnificent in battle. Though, of course, there is something a bit creepy about going after your dead lover's nearly identical twin.

Um...necrophilia-by-proxy is just plain creepy. Just think of the pillow-talk...ah...better not...

Junglefowl26 wrote:Speaking of shipping, is that Mimian flirting with Sarnel, or is she just "hanging out" :P
Mimian: I sleep upside down, just like owls.
Sarnel: That is bats.
Mimian: No wai!

Well, in either case - is that Sarnel smiling? *eek*

Mimian: Ever tried it upside-down?
And that is how the Kavahini Tions house was formed...

Junglefowl26 wrote:Oh boy, map time!

World-building wish granted...

Junglefowl26 wrote:Looking again, this is the path Ariel mentioned - apparently just remember her stating she wanted to avoid the Mist Rivers down south, above Chel, and thought that meant she was going around the mist sea the long way.
Interesting that she describes Shikomei as her "next target" when there were at least two other stops along the way.

We just caught a bit of an on-going conversation. Perhaps there was compromise?

Junglefowl26 wrote:In any case, I am surprised they didn't see the Legion on the way.

Maybe it's assembling at Dariya'ko? It's a great place for an army to climb up to the overworld...

Junglefowl26 wrote:Hmm...wonder why they had a whole page showing the Legion finding the ship at Ys if they Legion neither attacks Ys nor catches up with the airship....

Legion's still wheezing from the climb? By the time Romakela gets to Dariya'ko to inform the Legion, the ship's gone. By the time the Legion makes it to Ys...

Junglefowl26 wrote:Plus, with Amvarde having its own airship...it seems kind of hard to square that with the importance of this airship to everything. At least, I would expect that Snad would go to great lengths to get the TK airship.
To say nothing of that ancient dock full of airships that the TK and Nals agreed to split.
(Also interesting that none of those airships have laser cannons. Disrepair, or where they civilian models and this was military?)

I'm thinking this is military, or at least (my guess) a merchant marine. If the latter, can you imagine how terrifying a air-battleship would be?

Junglefowl26 wrote:...Oh, and while they are here, the Wolf Pack should ally with the Feral village from We Are Ferals. ;)

We haven't seen Melodia in a while.

Junglefowl26 wrote:
Snadhya works with the Black Suns,

There are some Black Sun cameos in the Wolf Pack as well.

A few indy's versus a dozen squads in Black Sun livery (for just one mission) is a bit of a difference.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:39 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:I have to admit I kind of liked the idea of Kau/Sarnel. The comic could use a prominent male/male couple, and the two have a fair number of scenes showing them develop a strong emotional connection. In particular there was Sarnel holding Kau after the final fight of 52 and telling him he was magnificent in battle. Though, of course, there is something a bit creepy about going after your dead lover's nearly identical twin.

Speaking of shipping, is that Mimian flirting with Sarnel, or is she just "hanging out" :P

No problem. Drowolath are polyamory, Kau and Sarnel can be lovers and have girlfriends too... 8P

Of course, male/male relationships are dismissed as irrelevant, because for drowolaths the basic family unit is "female with children...", so Kau could bang Sarnel 20 times as many times as he does Kyo, and their friends would still think of him as "Kyon'ne's mate/sperm donor for future babies..." ^^;

Junglefowl26 wrote:*As an aside: I know it isn't likely, but I would love it if Ariel took her friendship with Vaelia to heart and started making non-drow allies. Haltonreibe, or maybe some polity in Nuwa.

Or the Hermionnes themselves... I suspect the prince would have been portrayed as an honourable foe and future ally, had his story thread not been pruned by Kern... I mean, for what we know, he was sort of a tragic figure, somebody who chose to do horrible things in order ensure the safety of his people against the drow menace...

Junglefowl26 wrote:Plus, with Amvarde having its own airship...it seems kind of hard to square that with the importance of this airship to everything. At least, I would expect that Snad would go to great lengths to get the TK airship.

Yeah, I think all those airships are non-canon. Otherwise, Snadhya would have already moved against Ama'varde to claim them...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Silverrain » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:42 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Mmmm... I wonder what did the Nals do... Tiny Salad is pro-Snadhya, but Ariel has Apura with her, she has rescued Eria, a Nal'Sarkoth val who was kept as a slave by Snadhya, and many among the Nals probably suspect Tiny Salad killed IRel'lumia and Ini'riia...

Wasn't there some sort of split or conflict within the Nal'Sarkoth right after Rel'lumia's death? "Tiny Salad" (Viri'sylvia, was it?) may have "won", but she doesn't seem like the type who could reunify them or inspire real loyalty. It doesn't seem strange to me that dissenters would break away when a better deal comes along.
Silverrain
Summoner

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:54 pm

Silverrain wrote:

Wasn't there some sort of split or conflict within the Nal'Sarkoth right after Rel'lumia's death? "Tiny Salad" (Viri'sylvia, was it?) may have "won", but she doesn't seem like the type who could reunify them or inspire real loyalty. It doesn't seem strange to me that dissenters would break away when a better deal comes along.

Yes, but if Apura, who was the leader of the pro-Sarghess anti-Viri faction became a mere grunt soldier in Machike, that points to the opposition to Viri not being organized enough to provoke a true split... I mean, if there were an anti-Viri Nal split faction, Apure would be among its leaders...

I think Viri managed to purge all open dissenters among the Nal ranks, but there are still many who kept their heads and voices down to save their lives and jobs, but would take a decent opportunity to remove the Tiny Evil Money Salad...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Moonless Age