Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 14

Re: Chapter 54 : page 14

Postby Moric » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:25 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:I think Viri managed to purge all open dissenters among the Nal ranks, but there are still many who kept their heads and voices down to save their lives and jobs, but would take a decent opportunity to remove the Tiny Evil Money Salad...

Agreed. When a merchant clan full of people who always kept neutral in order to deal with both sides suddenly goes all-in, there's going to be at least a little resistance. Will they rebel against Viri outright? No. Will they be "open" to alternative revenue sources, caravan routes and sizes, or just happen to have some juicy gossip? Heck yeah.
Moric
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Whizzard » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:50 pm

Snadhya could have always considered TK ship to be so inferior that it's not worth taking or destroying. It's not like TK ship can even challenge it. Use hooks to pull up and board it? This military ship would just broadside it before a single troop gets on board.

Also, TKs didn't exactly advertise having a ship and the only traders that go to Amavarde are Nals and TKs themselves. So the word wouldn't exactly travel either. Not to mention that any reports of the airship would have been considered to be Snadhya's.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Whizzard wrote:Snadhya could have always considered TK ship to be so inferior that it's not worth taking or destroying. It's not like TK ship can even challenge it. Use hooks to pull up and board it? This military ship would just broadside it before a single troop gets on board.

Also, TKs didn't exactly advertise having a ship and the only traders that go to Amavarde are Nals and TKs themselves. So the word wouldn't exactly travel either. Not to mention that any reports of the airship would have been considered to be Snadhya's.

The Nals are on Snadhya's side. And the Illhar'do and Balvakhara visited too. Both the Alliance and Snadhya should know about the TK airship... Even if both Viri and Nega decided to keep it quiet, Snadhya probably still has spies among the Nals and Illhar'do...

And even if the TK airship is inferior, it would take less work to arm the TK airship with mana cannons than to build a new airship from the scratch (I don't think Snadhya's engineers can build a new airship at all to begin with...), so it is a very valuable resource...

So long as Snadhya doesn't take or destroys the TK airship, somebody else can seize it and find a way to build some mana artillery for it, and then Snadhya's airship would no longer reign supreme...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Moric » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:52 am

Whizzard wrote:Snadhya could have always considered TK ship to be so inferior that it's not worth taking or destroying. It's not like TK ship can even challenge it. Use hooks to pull up and board it? This military ship would just broadside it before a single troop gets on board.

Or maybe it is used as a ferry for the Legion at the Well of Light right now....

[edit]On an unrelated note: Kau, now's your chance! Kyo'nne probably doesn't still have feelings for Shan, but that doesn't mean that she wants to arrive at his wedding stag.[/edit]
Last edited by Moric on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Lt Anders » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:01 am

Whizzard wrote:Hey, but this could still mean that the next cameo call could include a Tei'kaliath cameos on Ariel side. *ooo*

But there is about to be, this chapter, a TK character amongst the Airship crew...
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby El Bandito » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:36 am

Reunions are sweet. Most of the time.
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby BlackFulcrum » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 am

Whizzard wrote:If you get TK's on your side, you have double the airship! Well, except TK ship is not a military variant though it has been weaponized with ballistas by the Tei'kaliath but it certainly doesn't have the same levels of firepower. But it won't join Ariel's fleet though, OG reason is that it's just a callback and IG reason that TK's would likely not pledge themselves to Ariel's side as a whole.

Hey, but this could still mean that the next cameo call could include a Tei'kaliath cameos on Ariel side. *ooo*

Depending on where in the PtP timeline we are, the Tei were experimenting with Mana cannons when we went to ancient Tei colony near the end of PtP.

But where in the PtP timeline are we anyway, both Moonless Age and Path to Power had several timeskips with differing lengths so I've completely lost track, I know it's not 100% supposed to be the same universe but still with Amaranth and the Tei'kaliath now featured it makes you wonder.
Did we visit the dragon island yet and find the second ship?
Did we fight off the Black Sun attack on Ama'varde yet, or is that still to come?
BlackFulcrum
Demon

Postby Whizzard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:37 am

Lt Anders wrote:
Whizzard wrote:Hey, but this could still mean that the next cameo call could include a Tei'kaliath cameos on Ariel side. *ooo*

But there is about to be, this chapter, a TK character amongst the Airship crew...

I have no clue of cameos, so don't "..." me as if I'm supposed to know this info somehow.

BlackFulcrum wrote:
Whizzard wrote:If you get TK's on your side, you have double the airship! Well, except TK ship is not a military variant though it has been weaponized with ballistas by the Tei'kaliath but it certainly doesn't have the same levels of firepower. But it won't join Ariel's fleet though, OG reason is that it's just a callback and IG reason that TK's would likely not pledge themselves to Ariel's side as a whole.

Hey, but this could still mean that the next cameo call could include a Tei'kaliath cameos on Ariel side. *ooo*

Depending on where in the PtP timeline we are, the Tei were experimenting with Mana cannons when we went to ancient Tei colony near the end of PtP.

But where in the PtP timeline are we anyway, both Moonless Age and Path to Power had several timeskips with differing lengths so I've completely lost track, I know it's not 100% supposed to be the same universe but still with Amaranth and the Tei'kaliath now featured it makes you wonder.
Did we visit the dragon island yet and find the second ship?
Did we fight off the Black Sun attack on Ama'varde yet, or is that still to come?

Path to Power ended at some point in year 1114. The previous arc of Moonless Age began on 6th month of 1114 and the story took place over a few months. The timeskip was 3 years so currently in the main story the year is 1117 and we have 3 years that we have no clue of what happened to Tei'kaliath, except that Black Sun attack was in 1115 and was successfully repelled.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Moric » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:09 pm

Unless I have my hemispheres wrong, as it is the end of winter, we are in MA 1118.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Kail'odian » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:06 pm

Tei'kailiath FTW baby!

:D *bigsmile* ;)
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby BlackFulcrum » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:39 am

Whizzard wrote:Path to Power ended at some point in year 1114. The previous arc of Moonless Age began on 6th month of 1114 and the story took place over a few months. The timeskip was 3 years so currently in the main story the year is 1117 and we have 3 years that we have no clue of what happened to Tei'kaliath, except that Black Sun attack was in 1115 and was successfully repelled.

Heh, since we know that some of the Tei'kaliath from today's delegation probably joined Ariel, and some probably returned I can imagine the following scenario:

An'jhali: "Welcome back, how was the trip?"
Delegation group: "It was good my lady, we met up with a Sarghress airship, some of us went with them"
An'jhali: "As per usual people go off on their own not caring how we look to the other clans, and since when do the Sarghress have an airship?"
Delegation Group: "Apparently they stole the one the Sharen had, they're really proud of it"
*An'jhali rolls her eyes and looks over her shoulder at the Tei'kaliath Airship base with 2 working airships and 2 more under construction*

Also anyone notice the location of Shikomei, it's north of the Amaranth Forest near the edge with the Mist Sea, and surrounded by wetlands, probably wetlands caused by the mist sea itself rather then the river that flows north from the lake that Ama'varde is on, which by should be further east. (I think)
If it's that close I wonder if there's trade with between Shikomei and Ama'varde, we know there's trade between Ama'varde and the Nal outpost which we can assume is Ssunaph shown in today's page, which is further away then Shikomei.
BlackFulcrum
Demon

Postby Moric » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:13 am

BlackFulcrum wrote:Also anyone notice the location of Shikomei, it's north of the Amaranth Forest near the edge with the Mist Sea, and surrounded by wetlands, probably wetlands caused by the mist sea itself rather then the river that flows north from the lake that Ama'varde is on, which by should be further east. (I think)
If it's that close I wonder if there's trade with between Shikomei and Ama'varde, we know there's trade between Ama'varde and the Nal outpost which we can assume is Ssunaph shown in today's page, which is further away then Shikomei.

Perhaps, but the difference is that Nal's are merchants by nature, and so will likely have access to very distant commodities and markets. The Kyorl colony will likely only able to trade with foodstuffs, and so they may not have much to offer. Foodstuffs, religious tracts, and chocolate that is.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Ardan Styyx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:01 pm

Chocolate is a
Moric wrote:
BlackFulcrum wrote:Also anyone notice the location of Shikomei, it's north of the Amaranth Forest near the edge with the Mist Sea, and surrounded by wetlands, probably wetlands caused by the mist sea itself rather then the river that flows north from the lake that Ama'varde is on, which by should be further east. (I think)

Perhaps, but the difference is that Nal's are merchants by nature, and so will likely have access to very distant commodities and markets. The Kyorl colony will likely only able to trade with foodstuffs, and so they may not have much to offer. Foodstuffs, religious tracts, and chocolate that is.

Chocolate is a strong currency.
And addictive with that! :D

Even in our world... No, I won't put a link to the Nutella riots in France.
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Moric » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:35 pm

Ardan Styyx wrote:Chocolate is a strong currency.
And addictive with that! :D

Even in our world... No, I won't put a link to the Nutella riots in France.

True, but I don't know how much regular chocolate the colonists will have access to up on the surface.

...That said, let's hope that they have enough sacramental chocolate for all the unexpected guests!
Moric
Summoner

Previous

Return to Moonless Age