Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 :page 10

Re: Chapter 54 :page 10

Postby Berserk Knight » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Moric wrote:I am sure that such an extreme act will be fleshed out in the next few panels. That said, the next week will be most intriguing.

[edit:] Only Shan can bring her back, but now he's married. Too bad...

Actually, maybe Shan getting married was the last straw?

Kyo: I can go on as long as...
(Airship picks up Shan and Chiri)
Shan: Hey, guys. Chiri and I just got married.
Kyo: *SNAP*
Berserk Knight
Nether Seed

Postby Moric » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Berserk Knight wrote:
Moric wrote:I am sure that such an extreme act will be fleshed out in the next few panels. That said, the next week will be most intriguing.

[edit:] Only Shan can bring her back, but now he's married. Too bad...

Actually, maybe Shan getting married was the last straw?

Kyo: I can go on as long as...
(Airship picks up Shan and Chiri)
Shan: Hey, guys. Chiri and I just got married.
Kyo: *SNAP*

HAH! The last chapter hasn't even happened yet and she's stabbing people. "...Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn'd."

Snads, I'd call it quits if I were you...
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby PoignardAzur » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:28 pm

I'm kind of hoping Ariel has her executed, to be honest.

She's the equivalent of the Karstark guy who murdered the Lannisters prisoners, except she's incoherent and she doesn't have any political backing.
PoignardAzur
Summoner

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Seraphiel » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:41 am

*sweatdrop*

Kyo has a point...Ariel is no Quain.
Seraphiel
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:48 am

PoignardAzur wrote:I'm kind of hoping Ariel has her executed, to be honest.

She's the equivalent of the Karstark guy who murdered the Lannisters prisoners, except she's incoherent and she doesn't have any political backing.

She's very coherent, just neck-deep in antihero quicksand. The thing is, unlike Lannisters, there's no value for the Councillors in prisoner exchange.

Seraphiel wrote:Kyo has a point...Ariel is no Quain.

She has clubbed a kid to death at the tender age of 15 though.
Moric
Demon

Postby Smokehammer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:53 am

Well I guess this is a pretty good example of how F-ed up things are back home if Kyo's just hauling out and stabbing pregnant ladies because theyre "going to cause trouble". I wonder if thats the same logic used on the independent colonies? In which case Kyo hasnt learned shit and Green Eyes should chuck her ass out a window before she causes anymore trouble.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Ardan Styyx » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:51 am

And I thought the Illhar'dro were actually offering a perspective of hope for Drow society... :E *crying*

I am happy I eventually choosed Beldrobbaen as a clan *rolleyes* even if they are probably on the verge of extinction.
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Mizu » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:29 am

riflow wrote:I'm a mixture of horrified and impressed.

At the same time it feels like this will be pointless because who is going to listen to the same woman than just stabbed someone to death? I doubt her baby will survive either....how horrific.

It gives us a lot of hints of what she's been through and further ways she's changed but there's something about stabbing a heavily pregnant woman that's probably going to inspire more mistrust than just stabbing a singular person. I mean the legion must catch up eventually, wouldn't be surprised if part of this leads to that.

All the ones that are afraid of Snadhya's apparent representative on matters relating to the colony getting conquered deciding that they are the next recipient of the 'you have failed me for the last time' prize. Its Snadyha's fault for apparently being someone that does that to subordinates that fail frequently enough for people to buy someone she sent just murdering an 'incompetent' like it wasn't even a thing (and even taking it as proof that she was legit).

It also seems unlikely they are going to be complaining about what happened to the guards. They will probably just assume they are fellow Nids that are still in mole mode and let Kyo in there.

Because Quain forced her to do it or lose her heir status and be the new Syphile.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Zarannya » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:17 am

Mizu wrote:
riflow wrote:

Because Quain forced her to do it or lose her heir status and be the new Syphile.

Technically, it wasn't under threat of losing her heir status, at least the way I read it - it was under threat of having to kill Sar'nel if she wouldn't kill Mir'kin, and Sar'nel at this point had helped her during their little graduation battle exercise and reminded her that "The clan always comes first." At that point, it was either kill the kid who attacked her years before and has been a constant proven bully/enemy, or kill one of the only other kids who proved to be an ally. The idea of her having to prove herself as heir was more secondary in her mind, from my interpretation.
Zarannya
Tainted

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Zarannya wrote:
Technically, it wasn't under threat of losing her heir status, at least the way I read it - it was under threat of having to kill Sar'nel if she wouldn't kill Mir'kin, and Sar'nel at this point had helped her during their little graduation battle exercise and reminded her that "The clan always comes first." At that point, it was either kill the kid who attacked her years before and has been a constant proven bully/enemy, or kill one of the only other kids who proved to be an ally. The idea of her having to prove herself as heir was more secondary in her mind, from my interpretation.

Actually, it was bludgeon Mir'kin to death, or fight Sar'nel to the death. The whole "heir" thing didn't come into play until after Mir'kin was a bloody pulp on the floor. At that point in the story, Sar'nel was also the better fighter, so Ariel beat Mir'kin down under threat to her own life.

Yeah, Ariel is reluctant to kill, if she can find another way, but piss her off enough, and she will do it while showing no mercy.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:28 pm

In Moric's ideal world:

Kyo'nne: (sighs) Is that all? The Sarghress are already rounding up that very garrison as we speak.

Kane'ohe: But-

Kyo'nne: You disappoint me, all of you, but I am not the one you should dread. Our lady's displeasure is far, far more terrible than my own. You are concerned with escaping an idealistic child's band of outlaws and misfits, but you really should be-

Councillor in White: Oh sh-

Kyo'nne: As a gesture of my appreciation for your rather useless cooperation, I will not kill you all just yet.

Kane'ohe: What!?

Kyo'nne: Have you forgotten our Lady's methods for dealing with such abject failures such as yourself? Salbara took her own life rather than return in dishonor for losing that airship.

Violet-haired Councillor: Oh sweet Shar-

Kyo'nne: Hah! Too late to hope in Sharess, or you would be praying for death, or that this "Little Wolf" sends you to the furthest corner of the Three Worlds, or maybe even to that Hel-hole Char at the very least. You aught to know that whatever the Kyorls could do to you is NOTHING compared to our Mistress's wrath.

Kane'ohe: W-what can we do?

Kyo'nne: I am not without mercy. You will sit here, cause no disturbance, and reflect upon what awaits you. So long as I have no direct orders for your deaths or return to Felde in chains, I will give you a head start on your escape from the justice that your incompetent blundering has rightfully earned. Until then, wait for me.
Moric
Demon

Postby Ardan Styyx » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:15 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Actually, it was bludgeon Mir'kin to death, or fight Sar'nel to the death. The whole "heir" thing didn't come into play until after Mir'kin was a bloody pulp on the floor. At that point in the story, Sar'nel was also the better fighter, so Ariel beat Mir'kin down under threat to her own life.

Yeah, Ariel is reluctant to kill, if she can find another way, but piss her off enough, and she will do it while showing no mercy.

Related to human psychology, it is a miracle that Ariel remained a kind and merciful adult considering the horrors she went through during her childhood...
But again, Drow are not humans, are they?

@Moric : yeah, THAT would have been finely played and would have made far more sense (plus would have adhered to the idea of a smart Kyo instead of a murdurous one. Something everyone would have liked I guess).
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby moonwalker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:Whatever happened to the bubbly girl who just wanted love and nice food.... :c

Those kinds of bubbly girls (and kids in general) always turn into the most cynical adults one can find.
moonwalker
Summoner

Postby El Bandito » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Wow, Kyonne is straight to the point. I mean, the heart.
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Moric » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:12 pm

El Bandito wrote:Wow, Kyonne is straight to the point. I mean, the heart.

I'm surprised that Kane could even manage some last words, as that probably hit lung too. I mean, the tip almost makes it to the wall.
Moric
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age