Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 9

Chapter 54 : page 9

Postby Kern » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:49 am

Kyo is trying to help the prisoners to turn the situation around in their favor.
Or she's just getting intel :P These were going to escape regardless.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 9

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:59 am

Ah, very clever!

When Kyo mentioned getting intel, I was wondering what she could want to know from the council at this stage.

Those stone cuffs weren't worth much. I suppose in a setting where earthbending is one of the more common type of sorceries, you need more active security than just locking someone in a stone room.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:31 am

Those people are rather quick to trust...

This is even more hilarious when you consider those are backstabbing Nids.

I guess, in their minds, there is no possible way someone could reject their Lady's love and peace unless they're fools.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Moric » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:40 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:Ah, very clever!

When Kyo mentioned getting intel, I was wondering what she could want to know from the council at this stage.

Those stone cuffs weren't worth much. I suppose in a setting where earthbending is one of the more common type of sorceries, you need more active security than just locking someone in a stone room.

I'm surprised that Apura didn't make wooden cuffs. Wood is not a common affinity among drow.

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:Those people are rather quick to trust...

I guess, in their minds, there is no possible way someone could reject their Lady's love and peace unless they're fools.

But, but, backstabbing only happens to OTHER people!
Moric
Summoner

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Ah, the joys of "perfected" tainting. It makes you oh so gullible when "loyal" people show up.... In a clan of backstabbers, traitors, and cowards.

That is a dangerous game you're playing Kyo'nne. It never turns out well.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby PoignardAzur » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Moric wrote:I'm surprised that Apura didn't make wooden cuffs. Wood is not a common affinity among drow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOq-YnXNO0c
PoignardAzur
Summoner

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Ah, the joys of "perfected" tainting. It makes you oh so gullible when "loyal" people show up.... In a clan of backstabbers, traitors, and cowards.

Yes, dangerous indeed. Let's hope her worldwide fanclub will ultimately protect her against the wrath of her former master...

Or maybe she is a double agent? Or a triple agent? 8P
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby The14th » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Can they be killed making their escape please?
The14th
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:33 pm

The14th wrote:Can they be killed making their escape please?

All in good time. Just whisper to some Kavahini to have lunch downstairs...and let nature take its course. Then round up the tower captains and take out this "Nievae" person.

Yes, if the Legion comes, they can't just reinstate a Council of dead people. So long as the new council salutes to whomever shows up at a given time, they are less likely to be displaced. After all, they have the perfect excuse of being too weak to fight off either side.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:04 pm

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:Those people are rather quick to trust...

Yeah, you would think they would be a bit more suspicious of someone the Sarghs let into their room.

I mean, sure Kyo was at the big gathering, but Ariel got invited to that without being a Nid so I doubt everyone there was a Snad fanatic.

Moric wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:Ah, very clever!

I'm surprised that Apura didn't make wooden cuffs. Wood is not a common affinity among drow.

Good idea.

I mean, the head councilor is a Nal so she might have it but it isn't guaranteed.

PoignardAzur wrote:
Moric wrote:I'm surprised that Apura didn't make wooden cuffs. Wood is not a common affinity among drow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOq-YnXNO0c

*wee*

Excellent reference my friend!

Ardan Styyx wrote:
SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Ah, the joys of "perfected" tainting. It makes you oh so gullible when "loyal" people show up.... In a clan of backstabbers, traitors, and cowards.

Yes, dangerous indeed. Let's hope her worldwide fanclub will ultimately protect her against the wrath of her former master...

Or maybe she is a double agent? Or a triple agent? 8P

Double reverse quadruple agent!

You know, since Kyo is so famous I wonder what will happen once news of her defection gets out, and how Snad will try to spin it.

(Also what happened to her bandmates)
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Smokehammer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:59 pm

You are actually looking forward to a pregnant lady being killed? Why are you on Ariel's side again? You do realize she's gonna grow up to where she bitchslaps people that are gung ho about stuff like that half-way across the universe right?
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Smokehammer wrote:

You are actually looking forward to a pregnant lady being killed? Why are you on Ariel's side again? You do realize she's gonna grow up to where she bitchslaps people that are gung ho about stuff like that half-way across the universe right?

You know, I didn't realized Kane'ohe was pregnant until the second reread...

I wonder... maybe that's how Sha'sana ominious "demons rarely do as you plan" will strike... maybe Kane'ohe will give birth to a baby demon, showing everybody that Snadhya's really-safe-this-time-I-swear merging-type tainting is as unstable and dangerous as the regular version, and that's what will make the drow turn against her...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:
Smokehammer wrote:

You know, I didn't realized Kane'ohe was pregnant until the second reread...

I wonder... maybe that's how Sha'sana ominious "demons rarely do as you plan" will strike... maybe Kane'ohe will give birth to a baby demon, showing everybody that Snadhya's really-safe-this-time-I-swear merging-type tainting is as unstable and dangerous as the regular version, and that's what will make the drow turn against her...

I don't think so - we have seen more than one Nid with a kid. Why would that change now?

Plus, overall, it has been pretty consistent that being tainted doesn't transfer over the kid, with the notable exception of Zala's bloodline and that is because Snad specifically chose a special type of demon to infect them with.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:21 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:
Doom Chinchilla wrote:You know, I didn't realized Kane'ohe was pregnant until the second reread...

I don't think so - we have seen more than one Nid with a kid. Why would that change now?

Plus, overall, it has been pretty consistent that being tainted doesn't transfer over the kid, with the notable exception of Zala's bloodline and that is because Snad specifically chose a special type of demon to infect them with.

Zala and her bloodline had a ton of a babies after being tainted too... until their nether seed tickebomb exploded...

And my point is, Sha'sana told us that Snadhya thinks that she know everything about demons, but that's not true... maybe Snadhya forgot a zero somewhere... and provoked mess without intending to...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Moric » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:06 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:I don't think so - we have seen more than one Nid with a kid. Why would that change now?

Well, it happens sooner for Zala's bloodline. Eventually the demon mutations are bound to catch up regardless.

When a tainted bears a child, the child is inevitably untainted. But then, the demon isn't manifest in the body. A merged, however shares everything in the merge, so without evidence, we can't be absolutely certain. I know of no instances of demons ever successfully procreating.

As for Nids, not all are merged. Kane is, so I look forward to seeing what happens.

I'm not sure if Kane's infant referred to in the wiki is the one she is pregnant with, or not. If not, I wonder what is going on there...

With all that said, her wiki states Earth affinity, so her own stone cuffs would be easily removed as well, but she hasn't. As a veteran administratrix, and ranking Nid, this is no surprise. Let the young and stupid make daring escapes and get caught...
Moric
Summoner

Next

Return to Moonless Age