Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 9

Re: Chapter 54 : page 9

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:15 am

It's been stated over and over that the taint does NOT transfer from mother to child. It's not a disease, its another entity inhabiting you. Zala'ess' taint kills kids in the womb.

Kane'ohe is already merged, on top of that; her baby is at no risk.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Saffron Walden » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:01 am

These Councillors actually seem sort of responsible. They'd rather have peace in their colony than have it become a battleground. Kyonne, being rather foolish, decides to help the rightful government in its doomed attempts to salvage peaceful slavery instead of freedom and violence from their recent take over by foreign militarists.
Saffron Walden
Nether Spawn

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Moric » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:It's been stated over and over that the taint does NOT transfer from mother to child. It's not a disease, its another entity inhabiting you. Zala'ess' taint kills kids in the womb.

Kane'ohe is already merged, on top of that; her baby is at no risk.

Tainted pregnancy, agreed. There is evidence of this, both in dialogue and actual children.

I would say that I am nearly certain that the same is true for merged as well. Nearly.

As I don't have access to the finer details of conception in fae, there is a sliver of doubt. If the aura of the child is wholly self-formed from a purely biologically propagated fertilized ovum, then yes, nothing changes.

If the mother's aura is involved with the conception, then there is no portion of the aura that can operate wholly aether processes. Then an argument could be made that a merged mother could bear a merged child.

Of course this is all speculation, and I am not advocating the latter.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Again, the taint is not a disease that you can spread biologically. A baby is a seperate body that requires another demon in order to become tainted.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Moric » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Saffron Walden wrote:These Councillors actually seem sort of responsible. They'd rather have peace in their colony than have it become a battleground. Kyonne, being rather foolish, decides to help the rightful government in its doomed attempts to salvage peaceful slavery instead of freedom and violence from their recent take over by foreign militarists.

1. I believe that most drow that are neither starving nor abused prefer peace and prosperity. The Council of Ys is no different in wanting this than the people of Machike, who are now starving and abused, thanks to the patroness of Ys, Snadhya'rune.

2. Any neutrality that Ys claims is an outright lie. They are ruled by the Nidraa'chal, even if covertly. This is a lesson on choosing your masters wisely. The Council chose poorly.

3. Sargress are not any more militaristic than most of the other Clans. The only difference is what +*kind*+ of militarism they use. The claim is as off as claiming Meiji Japan was more militaristic than the Shogunate.

The Sharen, for instance, are monarchists that concentrate vast energy and resources into a very few powerful mages, dragon-knights, massive war golems, and summons. These are then supplimented with cannon-fodder mercenaries. The result is a feudal or bakufu style organization. Sure, the vast majority of drow are uninvolved, simply because they are needed as virtual slaves of the aristocrat-military machine.

The Sarghress, on the other hand, rely far less upon individual power, but rather coordination of multiple soldiers to provide equivalent force for far less money, time, and training. They use more soldiers and fewer laborers.

Both are military organizations, they just have vastly different methods.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Moric » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:Again, the taint is not a disease that you can spread biologically. A baby is a seperate body that requires another demon in order to become tainted.

Again, agreed. No known nether spirit has been thusfar known to reproduce or divide by its own accord. As such, it would be impossible for one parasite to taint two dicrete auras. For a regular tainted to bear a tainted child would either require some unique backstory or would be a huge ass-pull.

I am not discussing the taint. My question is if the merging process creates unique possibilities that have not yet been explored. I am 99% with you, and given proof, entirely. So, to better explain my query:

1. Is conception of drow purely biological, for which the child's aura is entirely established solely from the fertilized ovum? If so, then the child is not capable of being tainted by the mother's nether infestation, regardless of its nature, and cannot be tainted without another demon.

2. If not, is the symbiotic, "merged" aura a homogenous suffusion or not? That is, can there be any distinctly "aether" activities within the aura/body of a merged Ver'drowendar? If the nether parasite is simply made cooperative to the whole, but does not "mix" throughout the aura, then again, the child is not affected. If the merging process blends both nether and aether, then and only then could an argument be made for congenital reproduction of Ver'drowendar.

I doubt this to be, and look forward to seeing confirmation of my null hypothesis.
Moric
Summoner

Previous

Return to Moonless Age