Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 3

Chapter 54 : page 3

Postby Kern » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:29 am

The signal is received and now the former defenders become what was once pursuing them. By besieging the colony with their newly gained allies.
The situation is flipped just like the table. If you're wondering why the canon blast seem to go above the fort, its because that's whats happening. They intentionaly missed. Hitting would be bad, kel and Ariel are right there on top...
And this is the first page that show the beginning of the opposing coalition. For many chapters we've build up the alliance and shown it spreading to this unified Chel with Snad's faction wormed in. Now there is another faction forming up, albeit a very small one for now.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 3

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:55 am

So the blasts were meant to clear the skies and get a good view for the Mimians ?

I guess Ys leadership is going to be held hostage.

Panel 2 : I suppose they couldn't replace the missing cannon. Given their current situation, that's entirely understandable.

And somebody get that table off from Kane'ohe ! She's a bitch but a giant table on the belly isn't healthy for the baby ! *eek*
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:09 am

I like the Ys militia outfits - obviously Felde inspired, but the color gives it more of a ranger feel.

With bold moves like this, open, total war between Chel and Mim cannot be far away. Wonder if Chelians will think of Ariel as a traitor for not only rebelling, but siding with a hostile foreign power.
Not that she had much choice in the end in either case, they really needed the help.

Wonder if Kyo is regretting her decision to switch sides again :P
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby alkaizer87 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:17 am

I think the first panel is funny. That person is like 'Finally! I get to use the canons!'. That satisfied look XD
@Jungle: Technically they're not really foreign, just haven't been in touch with Chel for a long time that's all.
alkaizer87
Vel'akar

Location: At home with 3 of Vaelia's kids: 1 girl and 2 boys.
Clan: Sarghress

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:08 am

Doesn't feel so good on the receiving end, eh nids?

Oh, funny you mention hating dealing with the Sarg, Kane'ohe. If Ariel had decided to simply sail away, you would have had a Legion of them marching on you, led by Snad herself, and they wouldn't have been this nice.

Gotta hand it to whoever planned this shindig. That's some fine, sound, and bold strategy. Ariel may just be the next Quain'tana yet. Albeit she's a much better mother than the original.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby evilmike » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 am

Ahem.

HOOT HOOT, MOTHERFUCKERS

Carry on.
evilmike
Summoner

Postby Whizzard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:04 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:I like the Ys militia outfits - obviously Felde inspired, but the color gives it more of a ranger feel.

With bold moves like this, open, total war between Chel and Mim cannot be far away. Wonder if Chelians will think of Ariel as a traitor for not only rebelling, but siding with a hostile foreign power.
Not that she had much choice in the end in either case, they really needed the help.

No clue why there would be a war between the two. The only ones who pose a threat to Mimians is Snadhya with Felde and with them out of the picture, there's so much distance between the two that war is impractical at best.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby The14th » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:05 am

I'd be distracted if a salvo of mana cannons went off over me too. I do like the more surgical approach.
The14th
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:16 am

Whizzard wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:I like the Ys militia outfits - obviously Felde inspired, but the color gives it more of a ranger feel.

No clue why there would be a war between the two. The only ones who pose a threat to Mimians is Snadhya with Felde and with them out of the picture, there's so much distance between the two that war is impractical at best.

Felde is part of the Chelian empire, so it is not like they are seperate. Plus the Mimians and Chelians have often been described as old enemies who hate each. Most importantly, the Mimians have been assassinating Chelian dignitaries and are now sacking a Chelian colony.

All together, a pretty solid casus beli.

(Notably, Kel and Ariel discussed the possibility that Snad might be deliberately setting up a war with the Mimians to unite her otherwise fractious alliance. The good old Genghis Gambit)
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Dalvyserran » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Kane'ohe's struggling with trying to keep that table off her. This thing is made of wood, so it must be extremely heavy.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Moric » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:36 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:Kane'ohe's struggling with trying to keep that table off her. This thing is made of wood, so it must be extremely heavy.

Solid wood, certainly wouldn't be pine, sturdily built base, surface is 2-2.5" thick, and at the size shown... Flipping that monster is rather impressive.
Moric
Demon

Postby xellos » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Yeah, if I was going to guess it's probably somewhere in the 1500 pound range assuming it's a similar weight to oak or maple.
Ariel stronk.
xellos
Tik'tikki

Postby MagicSkyshark » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:48 pm

I'd just hope that all those winged marysues AND Ariel's marysues on the frekking ship will die a horrible deaths.
Because the easiness of all their actions annoys me to no end.

And yeah, attacking a NEUTRAL colony is a DAMN GREAT move.

Good luck to the Legion in hunting and destroying them once and for all.

There should be no place for such individuals as them in the future of the drow race.
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Moric » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:11 pm

I am trying to sort out some internal Chelian politics in my head, trying to see how things play out. There's no few factions involved, so this list is NOT meant to be complete. Peehaps others can fill it in. That said, I consider the following reactions regarding the situation: Enthuastic support for X, Cautious Support for X, Poor support for X, Neutral/Couldn't care less, Covert support for X, Betraying X, and Hostile to X. X standing for: 1. Alliance, 2. Nidraa'chal, 3. Wolfpack and 4. Mimaneid. I suppose that there may be multiple possibilities as well.

Zala's Sharen: 1 Enthusiastic - her only card left to play, 2 Betraying - if at all possible, 3 Hostile to Covert Support - depending on plausibility of getting revenge, 4 Hostile - Snadhya's evil, but they're old enemies with renewed grievances.

Sillice's Sharen: 1 Poor support - Zala's a cowardly traitor, 2 Hostile - Die!, 3. Cautious Support - Must kill Snadhya, 4. Poor support - they failed for me.

Suube's Sargs: 1 Betraying - We kill Vals, 2 Neutral - Kill Ariel if you can though, 3 Hostile - We kill Vals and familial revenge, 4 Neutral to hostile - who are you and what are you doing on our turf?

Quill's Sargs: 1 Cautious Support - business as usual, 2 Neutral - topside for a few centuries, 3 Cautious Support - Daw, just like Quain when we were kids, 4. Neutral - avoid politics.

More to come....
Last edited by Moric on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moric
Demon

Postby Kardwill » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:20 pm

MagicSkyshark wrote:Because the easiness of all their actions annoys me to no end.

Easiness? Last chapter was "Ariel's faction gets attacked without provocation, and is repeatedly pounded into the ground by an OP skyship until they have only a handful of warriors left and barely manage to turn the tide." They tend to eventually win, sure, but I wouldn't say they have it easy ^^;
Kardwill
Summoner

Next

Return to Moonless Age