Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

chapter 54 : page 2

chapter 54 : page 2

Postby Kern » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:50 am

The most satisfying way to declare a war : Flip the table at the end of the negotiations.
And yeah compared to the last chapter this one goes straight to the action, it takes only 2 pages for a new war to start!
And in case anyone is wondering why Ariel is remembering Kyo departing and the whole airship canon ; its to remind people what happened last time she just said "okay,you can go away in peace" no more going in peace. Quaintana would have smashed the table with a fist and probably threw the woman in green out that window.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: chapter 54 : page 2

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:09 am

The Saga of Ariel continues: "With but a flip of a table, she destroyed the corrupt leadership and took over a Colony."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Whizzard » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:17 am

I'm usually with Ariel but this is quite a bit too much doing as your enemy does. But why? Do they know Ys is Snadhya's pawn? Then this assault is justified as leaving the colony alone wouldn't just let Ys to send word to Snad but also provide Snadhya with troops and resources.

But if not, then this is just an act of evil with no excuses. Oh but let's not get ahead of ourselves, all Ariel has done so far is flip the table and Kel signalled the others. Ariel's action may serve another purpose. Perhaps to test this pawn of Snadhya to see how she reacts... or just to distract them with a commotion while the ship ransacks Ys stores perhaps? We do know they need resources. And Ys evidently is used to ransacking, so what's one more? :P
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Dybad » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:56 am

Good to see Ariel finally outgrew her idealism. Once someone rallies you ennemy's banner they become ennemies as well, and are to be broken into submission or straight-up destroyed. That's all there is to it.
Dybad
Tainted

Postby Smokehammer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:41 am

Make sure you fire on the tower Ariel and Kel are in guys ! *wee*

Is Ashie ever going to do anything that earns her the right to call herself a tiger? Because a resounding bitch slap to Zala'ess in the end isnt going to feel all that satisfying if its just trading one perverted, lazy fat-ass for an older one.
Last edited by Smokehammer on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby gd1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:45 am

It's what you hearin', listen, it's what you hearin', listen, it's what you hearin', listen...
gd1
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby PoignardAzur » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:17 am

Whizzard wrote:I'm usually with Ariel but this is quite a bit too much doing as your enemy does. But why? Do they know Ys is Snadhya's pawn? Then this assault is justified as leaving the colony alone wouldn't just let Ys to send word to Snad but also provide Snadhya with troops and resources.

On the one hand, they're attacking during a diplomatic congress, which is a war crime. On the other hand, they're up against "Attack during diplomatic congresses: The Alliance", so I guess this was unavoidable.
PoignardAzur
Summoner

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 pm

Whizzard wrote:I'm usually with Ariel but this is quite a bit too much doing as your enemy does. But why? Do they know Ys is Snadhya's pawn? Then this assault is justified as leaving the colony alone wouldn't just let Ys to send word to Snad but also provide Snadhya with troops and resources.

But if not, then this is just an act of evil with no excuses. Oh but let's not get ahead of ourselves, all Ariel has done so far is flip the table and Kel signalled the others. Ariel's action may serve another purpose. Perhaps to test this pawn of Snadhya to see how she reacts... or just to distract them with a commotion while the ship ransacks Ys stores perhaps? We do know they need resources. And Ys evidently is used to ransacking, so what's one more? :P

I mean sure, but here is thing too, Kel was already ready to act. This seems more or less their decision than just Ariel
Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 pm

Kyonne has probably told them that Kane'ohe is a Nidra and that Ys is just an enterprise of Snadhya, so this was always intended as an attack against a Feldian outpost...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:35 pm

They need resources, but they don't have the manpower to get them.

If the airship attacks the colony, not only do they NOT get any resources, but they would've just solidified to innocents that only Felde is to be trusted.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:41 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:They need resources, but they don't have the manpower to get them.

If the airship attacks the colony, not only do they NOT get any resources, but they would've just solidified to innocents that only Felde is to be trusted.

They'll get resources, through raids and pillages.

Those innocents will believe whatever is told to them. The Alliance already branded them as traitors, even if the airship flying under a flag of peace and truce started it all. An attack will only confirm what they think they know, but even if Ariel flew away in peace, I doubt any of them would have made an inquiry to know which side is right or wrong.

History is written by the victors. Our heroes' truth will prevail eventually, but people will believe it only because they'll have no choice.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Zarannya » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:52 pm

Personally, I am hoping it's just something as simple as the airship swooping in for a Dramatic Exit to ensure that Ys doesn't try to arrest them. The flare from Kel'noz is an easy enough way to signal their location.

On another note... if they are going to attack, this could be a plan to take out their council in one blow. If not by mana cannons, then through the snipers on board who could easily shoot through those nice large open windows in the meeting room. A political meeting would be an easy way to get their entire leadership in the same room.

Maybe the plan was to give them the same chance that Machike had...work it out peacefully, or by force? I'm hoping they don't stoop to Nid tactics, but then again I tend to be a bit of an optimist.
Zarannya
Tainted

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Of course, they could bomb Ys, wreck lives and kill the council to send a statement to the enemy

but that would make them no better than the Nids, and give the Alliance-led Legion more reason to exterminate Ariel and anyone left behind in Machike associated with her. (Like her siblings)
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Moric » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:35 pm

1. Ariel's idealism is still evident, as she did give the leadership a chance to join. Ariel's maturation is also showing, as this screams "scripted coup d'état".

2. There is only one war crime in this world: losing. Of course, present actions will color future negotiations, but a position of strength is better for bargaining in drow society than manners ever could be.

3. I don't see this as a limited pillaging. Ariel has a ton of main caste and cameos available for administrative positions. With some Sul empathy and Kel's talents, Ys is as good as Ariel's.

4. Grandma would be so proud.... ^^

5. There is no reason to believe that the Wolfpack will inflict many casualties here. Maybe two dozen killed at most, a number of others imprisoned, and lots of others just shrugging and saluting the new boss.

6. Speaking of which, Vassal's rule #1: Support your liege even with your life, or (s)he may take your land, title, life, and family. Vassal's rule #2: If someone knocked off your liege, that person is your liege now.
Moric
Summoner

Postby PSadlon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Quain would be proud. Also I am a fan of Teddy Roosevelt's "speak softly but carry a big stick" policy. One should never seek unnecessary wars nor back down from those which prove necessary.
Last edited by PSadlon on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSadlon
Summoner

Next

Return to Moonless Age