Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 53 : page 20

Chapter 53 : page 20

Postby Kern » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:48 am

The chapter wraps up with an airship arriving over the wedding.
One with with tribal painting. The coloring of this one isn't going to mesh well with the others as i had to color this page myself. The page was meant to go online prior to the chibi holiday special so we can have a nicely wrapped up ending that lead right to the next chapter after the break. Well, didn't happen. Sorry guys and happy new year!
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 53 : page 20

Postby PSadlon » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:23 am

I can definitely see the chibi reference to it being a whale by Octaya & Pelan being close enough to canon that those around the kids chose a whale paint scheme. I can definitely Lady Z & the Shashi crew taking a liking to the idea, especially Vual with her obsession with marine animals and Gau with her obsession with flight. Lady Z, Ash, Ariel & Kel would all likely feel advantageous at keeping the Mimians at ease about them being allies.
Last edited by PSadlon on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:37 am

Well, apparently someone had a lot of time (and paint) on their hands.

...Also, how do any drow know what a whale is?
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Commander_Dulton » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:45 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:Well, apparently someone had a lot of time (and paint) on their hands.

Mist Whales hang out/fly about in the Mist Sea if I'm remembering right. Not only is that paint aesthetic but it's also camo. Dual purpose
Commander_Dulton
Tik'tikki

Clan: Sarghress

Postby PSadlon » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:55 am

Also Vual'raisa Jaal'darya studies and alters marine life. You don't think what she or other learn would stay only with them or passed to others who need said info. Given that more than a few Jaals not only want to re-engineer everything they care they seem to want to share what they know or have done with anyone interested it'd not surprise me if there is all sorts of info to high ranking drow from here and others in her field.

Also considwer any Drow traveling to the Old World would have to pass through Nidavellir (the Mist Sea) area and Felde borders it.
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby FireWalker » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:23 am

:O I am suddenly anticipating the next chapter, and SKY WHALE!! XD I love it! Hope you have a Happy New Year too Kern! *wutno*
FireWalker
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:54 am

Happy new year for everyone ! *boogie*

As for the page at hand... Ariel, you couldn't have waited a few more days ? I mean, you steal the show even more than the fat dawmere last chibi ! :[

And for the camo aspect of the paint... Maybe they could have done night bombing, but... There's still the giant light on the bottom of the ship.
Well at least it's clear the ship changed hand. No way Snad would have allowed her "prize" to look ridiculous. :P
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Whizzard » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:32 am

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:And for the camo aspect of the paint... Maybe they could have done night bombing, but... There's still the giant light on the bottom of the ship.

Paint the top green and the bottom brown and you have yourself a floating island camo. :P

I'm confused though, weren't the Sarghress legions about to attack Machike? Painting the ship would have taken days if not weeks. Shirley the attack would have happened before they got done. Or is it artistic licence aka they got it done in less than a day?
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby El Bandito » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:55 am

Now that's a ship with an attitude.
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:57 am

Whizzard wrote:
Black Knight LeFreux wrote:And for the camo aspect of the paint... Maybe they could have done night bombing, but... There's still the giant light on the bottom of the ship.

Paint the top green and the bottom brown and you have yourself a floating island camo. :P

I'm confused though, weren't the Sarghress legions about to attack Machike? Painting the ship would have taken days if not weeks. Shirley the attack would have happened before they got done. Or is it artistic licence aka they got it done in less than a day?

Some tasks are done faster when you've got a lot of people on it. Maybe all the Machike refugees came to paint the ship - I guess it would be good for moral, as a show of unity and solidarity.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Ganurath » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:00 am

Looks like the new arrivals plan on making a splash.

Eh? Eh?
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Postby Mirefrost00 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:58 am

I know Kern said the coloring wouldn't quite match up, but there's also a distinctive lack of glow all over everyone's faces. Combined with the tribal paint, I think that that's not the Nuqrahn airship. When the recently-captured ship returned to the colony, the gang had already painted a big Sarghress emblem on the side.

I don't like this....
Mirefrost00
Nether Spawn

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moatl » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:35 pm

The air ship captured in Nuq is the very same the wolf pack has, now.
The painting reminds me on the Black Sun. The sign on the front somehow looks like the eye of the Kyorls, but I can't decide on the clan-emblem on the rear of the ship, now. Maybe it's the Vanir of Vanaheimr? I can't decide…
Moatl
Vel'akar

Postby abadidea » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:56 pm

Genuinely unsure if the Sargs have repainted it like a mist whale for camouflage or if this is a different ship. The core looks very white with no purplish glow, but it could just be the page's coloring style?
abadidea
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Smokehammer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:56 pm

Commander_Dulton wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:Well, apparently someone had a lot of time (and paint) on their hands.

Mist Whales hang out/fly about in the Mist Sea if I'm remembering right. Not only is that paint aesthetic but it's also camo. Dual purpose
But arent those legends? I'd say books. None of us have ever seen a living T-rex, but a T-Rex shaped animal/structure is instantly recognizable to almost all of us (even to those who havent seen the skeletons, before Jurassic Park).

abadidea wrote:Genuinely unsure if the Sargs have repainted it like a mist whale for camouflage or if this is a different ship. The core looks very white with no purplish glow, but it could just be the page's coloring style?
Yeah, I went with its a different ship. It would make a hell of a lot more sense that Snadhya spent the past years reverse engineering the tech, and it also explains why she'd send the other one out on a pretty pointless "diplomatic" mission. Its no longer unique, so it doesnt matter a whole lot. Which means we get to see Zeppelin dog-fighting. WOOT! *boogie*
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Next

Return to Moonless Age