Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 53 : page 15

Re: Chapter 53 : page 15

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm

That's some fat daumere! 8P
Or maybe they all look fat compared to horses?
Ardan Styyx
Nether Seed

Postby Vestiline » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:32 pm

Dawmere are closer to goat I think right?

Also am I the only one who's now thinking that Lath weddings are the most extra events in the underworld compared to Ssu weddings?
Vestiline
Nether Seed

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Smokehammer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:46 pm

Uh, I dont think Lath's do "weddings". Im not 100% certain but I thought that was one of the big differences between the two. - Though I seem to remember something mentioned about lower class Laths forming fairly stable families so they should have a ceremony for joining couples, I dunno.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:55 pm

Ardan Styyx wrote:That's some fat daumere! 8P

All Underworld beast probably become fat when taken to the Overworld. Think about it: In he Underworld they probably have to survive on fungus and yeast grown on the shit and trash of the drow... compared to that, the Overworld is like a world made entirely of cake...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Dalvyserran » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:14 am

Moric wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:Won't happen; Shinhwa is there to drown out that horrible lath screeching

You do know that Kyo'nne is now on the same side as Fame'nidia...That sounds like a challenge...

Side note: if Olin is at this event, you can make diamonds by putting coal in her clenched fists right now.

Good luck getting a nether summoner into a ssu get together
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Moric » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:48 am

Smokehammer wrote:Uh, I dont think Lath's do "weddings". Im not 100% certain but I thought that was one of the big differences between the two. - Though I seem to remember something mentioned about lower class Laths forming fairly stable families so they should have a ceremony for joining couples, I dunno.

It would make sense from the commoner perspective. Life is cheap in Chel, and friends are few. As momma has a significant chance of dying violently over the ~30 years it takes to raise a child, it only makes sense for there to be parental redundancy. Even so, there are some stable Lath pairings in the Val class, such as Zala'ess & Sabrror.

Even so, I guess most Lath males get what they can, wherever they can, and most females try to get their hands on Kel'noz.
Doom Chinchilla wrote:

All Underworld beast probably become fat when taken to the Overworld. Think about it: In he Underworld they probably have to survive on fungus and yeast grown on the shit and trash of the drow... compared to that, the Overworld is like a world made entirely of cake...

I believe waaaay back, there was mention of crops of mana plants that grew down below. Also, if light is so easy to produce in Chel, perhaps regular photosynthesis is possible. (That reminds me of a dwarven kingdom that had massive plantations of subterranean crops fed by permanent sun magic - not a good place to be a vampire in. Harvesting was done by golems, thus freeing the dwarves up to keep up with crafting and killing goblins.)

Where was I? Oh yeah, so there may have been adequate silage down below, at least for Vals during peace. That said, Kyorls have peculiarities when it comes to dawmeres, and they tend to look rather husky to begin with. Perhaps this is a particularly beautiful dawmere according to breeding sensibilities...

BTW, isn't there a (currently Wolfpack) cameo that is frightened of fat dawmeres?
Dalvyserran wrote:Good luck getting a nether summoner into a ssu get together

They have an airship... and this whole tangent is about a disastrous wedding involving death and destruction.

Hmm....angry Chirinide dealing with Kyo'nne on an airship...

Ariel, you'd better take care of this pronto!
Moric
Tainted

Postby gd1 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:16 am

Man, I hope there's no fireworks...
gd1
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby LIMIT_CONCEPT » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 am

I hate weddings in real life, but this one I can like.

This is awesome. *heehee*
LIMIT_CONCEPT
Tainted

Postby Moric » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:35 am

LIMIT_CONCEPT wrote:I hate weddings in real life, but this one I can like.

This is awesome. *heehee*

Well, getting cornered by Aunt Mildred can't happen in a comic.
Moric
Tainted

Postby Moatl » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:16 pm

At first glance I mixed up Eris'ea with Ky'ovarde ^^; - it's like mixing up day and night. :D
But they really do look alike to some point.
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Ardan Styyx » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:55 am

Doom Chinchilla wrote:

Good point...
But in that case, why don't our drow colonists friends get fat too? *lol*
"You thought Hermiones, lack of mana or sunburn would be the surface's biggest threat? Ha! OBESITY! This is what awaits you up there!!!" XD
Ardan Styyx
Nether Seed

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Ardan Styyx wrote:
Doom Chinchilla wrote:

Good point...
But in that case, why don't our drow colonists friends get fat too? *lol*
"You thought Hermiones, lack of mana or sunburn would be the surface's biggest threat? Ha! OBESITY! This is what awaits you up there!!!" XD

Can elves even get fat? I think it was said somewhere that their bodies just don't store fat the way human beings' do.
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Previous

Return to Moonless Age