Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 53 : page 14

Re: Chapter 53 : page 14

Postby Sionyx » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:00 am

Sarah wrote:Huhh, it's interesting to see Chiri so defensive of Tir'ade and Abyte when years ago she nearly killed Tir just for being tainted.

Character development at it's finest, I suppose! :3

Chiri wasn't quite that bad. She expected Tir'ade to do the Right Thing and commit suicide/allow himself to be killed when he became tainted, but didn't chase after him when he ran and phrased her report in a way that implied Tir was already dead. The Kyorl who ran into Tir while Tir and Abyte were on patrol reacted with surprise the Tir was alive.

We don't know why she did this, though I suspect Chiri's vision involving the tainted Tir'ade had something to do with it. Tir was a demon, but not a danger in that vision. And while Chiri may not know it, the readers know that if Tir hadn't been at the Sarghress when Yaeminera attacked things coulda been much worse.

And Chiri's current view on tainted is probably in part due to Ana's decree that those tainted accidentally should be allowed to live out their lives.
Sionyx
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Pitdragon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:04 am

James Rye wrote:You know you could have asked Shan yourself to marry you years ago, Chiri.^^

Eh, Drow culture is "odd" (though not really, see my later points) in that it seems while the women have the most power there are still some expectations of the guys. Ssu more so with the whole Templar as the shield and sword of their Warden thing. Women don't need a male to raise kids, so it seems up to the males to put forward the effort of sticking around. In a way, it makes sense - if you could be the assured parent of your offspring by virtue of birthing said offspring AND you're the dominant gender by social order, you don't really need marriages to justify the offspring as your own (in the simplest fashion, as yes infidelity exists but marriage was the easiest way to say "these are my heirs"). Couplings then become more about feelings than social order, so Ssu bondings and things like Zala keeping Sabrror as a common mate is pretty deep in a society where that isn't necessary and the long-lived members can change their minds on a whim.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:35 am

Moric wrote:
James Rye wrote:You know you could have asked Shan yourself to marry you years ago, Chiri.^^

If the male is so shiftless to not ask for her hand, he's not worth spending centuries with.

If you train somebody to follow orders without question his whole life, you can't get upset when he becomes somebody who expects you to always take the initiative...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:54 am

I hadn't realized how Chiri has blossomed into a splendid young woman.
Even in a fool mood (one shall say, 'usual'?), she remains strickingly angelic ^^ .
'Can't wait to see her in her wedding gown on the morrow!
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Lee'yane » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:42 am

abadidea wrote:
Moric wrote:
trackerrrr wrote:Note to Shan'nall: When your fire wielding mate tells you she wants to get married tomorrow, the correct answer is 'GREAT!!!', not 'Tomorrow!?'.

He's gonna wind up in the colony burn ward... *omfg*

We haven't met Shan'naal's mother, who is probably still in Chel.

Huh, for some reason I thought Shan was one of the Dutan'vir children adopted into the clan, but I looked at his wiki and it doesn't seem to be true. Who am I thinking of?

Huh. Now you've both got me curious, do we really not know how Shan is a Templar for the Kyorl's? I tried thinking of any other main character we know just as little about their background and the only one I could think of is Kyonne (who's her parents, how is she a member of her clan).
Lee'yane
Summoner

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Seraphiel » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:58 am

PSadlon wrote:I know pregnancy comes with mood swings but it's a wonder Shan doesn't have whiplash.

She's swinging every single panel! :@
Seraphiel
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:05 pm

It's so bad, we might have to start calling Chiri "Tarzan" or is it "Chir-zan?"

Ah-ahw-ahw-ahwah!
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:40 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:It's so bad, we might have to start calling Chiri "Tarzan" or is it "Chir-zan?"

Ah-ahw-ahw-ahwah!

Statler: Do you believe in life after death?

Waldorf: Every time I leave this theater.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Hellsion » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:12 pm

why does chiri think shes impure?
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Sionyx » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Hellsion wrote:why does chiri think shes impure?

According to Official Kyorl Doctrine, only a Ssu born of two Ssu is pure Ssu. Mixing with a Lath is strongly frowned on, and mixing with a surface born elf is anathema. The knowledge that ssu are descended from light elves is suppressed. Chiri's father is a light elf of unknown origin, making her an "impure" Ssu by the standards she was raised with. It wasn't until Shimi saw just how much of a complex this gave Chiri and sent her on a trip to the surface that Chiri began to get over this. While she knows she's not impure and her surface born children wouldn't be impure, the prevailing prejudices in Chel are something else.
Sionyx
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby PSadlon » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Basically Drow can be every bit the racist assholes us humans can and the Kyorl can make the KKK look almost tolerant sometimes, an Chiri knows it.
PSadlon
Summoner

Previous

Return to Moonless Age