Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 52 : page 3

Chapter 52 : page 3

Postby Kern » Thu May 18, 2017 7:12 am

The main goblin army charge up to the fortification where they are divided by the defenders' artillery.
Deal with them in smaller numbers at a time is the idea and whats to come will divide the attackers even more. This is where the wave of cameos begins. Starting with 5 of them.
Yes the page is very late. We seem to be missing one update a week lately. WE'll try hard to restore a decent schedule though sadly mishaps happen such as today when we lost a page.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 52 : page 3

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Thu May 18, 2017 7:46 am

Sorry to hear that you guys lost work, Kern and Kite. Hang in there! B)

Nice, Dvergar tech cannons firing solid shot to break up the assault into manageable chunks. I wonder if they'll develop grapeshot anytime soon }:3 Not to mention, against a hum...er, Hermionne wave assault, good ol' Pyr Thalassion, the siphon-delivered Greek Fire flamethrower, would have been deadly (fougasse, machine guns and Claymores would come later). No boiling oil or siege towers here, we have left the medieval and gone to the early modern period! *wee*

Those cannons are muzzle-loaders, they should be retracted to reload while the crossbow guys pick up the slack in fire

Can't wait to see the wolf cavalry (lupinry?) come tearing into the Hermionne flanks...
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: Bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the (Mist) Sea
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Marcellogo » Thu May 18, 2017 7:47 am

RIP lost page!
This is just a ravelin , not the whole surface fortification I hope!
Marcellogo
Tainted

Postby Thrair » Thu May 18, 2017 7:48 am

Niiiice! Good to see a full-on battle scene again, though it must be a HUGE timesink to draw/colour.

I expect a slower schedule is inevitable with so much detail packed into action-heavy pages. Don't think many of us mind. :)

And finally... a quote comes to mind:
"We're gonna win this battle the way battles ought to be won: By bombing the crap outta them!"
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Thu May 18, 2017 8:06 am

I 'm with Vaelia and against Snadhya, so I guess I'm with Machike's defenders, but I kinda hope the Hermionne have cannons too, because they will otherwise look like David against Goliath...

I mean, they have numbers, but that won't help against a massive wall defended by cannonfire and with mana users waiting on top for anybody who manages to climb it (and God help the Hermionnes if they try to dig a mine...).
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Tempestfury » Thu May 18, 2017 8:16 am

I have no idea who most of these characters are.

Awesome.
Tempestfury
Nether Seed

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Thu May 18, 2017 8:47 am

The Hermiones should try to use their https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebuchet to preform some https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-battery_fire and silence those cannons.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby James Rye » Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 am

So if we see Ariel up there fighting the Goblins with her Sargs, does that mean she is the fully accepted leader of the clan or does that mean Koli became the new leader in Chel and Ariel had to take leadership in Marike because she got no support in Chel?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Whizzard » Thu May 18, 2017 9:45 am

ThatGuyThisGuy wrote:The Hermiones should try to use their https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebuchet to preform some https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-battery_fire and silence those cannons.

Trebuches are also potentially more accurate than them cannons and have the advantage of shooting over the fortifications. The howitzer or mortar fire of medieval era.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Amberlight » Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 am

Cannonballs that actually BOUNCE! Yes!
I was worried that movie physics of balls of steel exploding into smoke on impact would get here but I am pleasantly surprised. Just don't forget that the cannonballs leave a trail of death for dozens of meters after the first bounce. Artillery is not something to mess with.
Amberlight
Tainted

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Metzger » Thu May 18, 2017 10:04 am

Rayata is dressed for success, clearly they cannot lose!
Also... fitting for the pirate queen to be with the cannons :3
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Thu May 18, 2017 10:28 am

Amberlight wrote:Cannonballs that actually BOUNCE! Yes!
I was worried that movie physics of balls of steel exploding into smoke on impact would get here but I am pleasantly surprised. Just don't forget that the cannonballs leave a trail of death for dozens of meters after the first bounce. Artillery is not something to mess with.

If the balls were made of stone they would shatter and become shrapnel rather than bounce. During the XVI century they sometimes made cannonballs taking a bag of stones and enveloping it with many layers of wire, so they would shatter even more easily and spread the shrapnel further.
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby SoulCode » Thu May 18, 2017 12:19 pm

(Hell yeah Fallen guided Artillery)

No worries on the lateness Kern, stuff happens.

I'd like to point out that I love the diversity in color that the cameo's have. It really gives the impression they came together from multiple places/personalities. Also, seeing them in a full-out war like this is very cool.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Dalvyserran » Thu May 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:I 'm with Vaelia and against Snadhya, so I guess I'm with Machike's defenders, but I kinda hope the Hermionne have cannons too, because they will otherwise look like David against Goliath...

I mean, they have numbers, but that won't help against a massive wall defended by cannonfire and with mana users waiting on top for anybody who manages to climb it (and God help the Hermionnes if they try to dig a mine...).

I was wondering if they would tunnel under Machike, like they did in Ys
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Thu May 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Yeah! The Sarg are not idle. They were simply waiting until the enemy got close enough to see the whites of their eyes.

Of all the drow to pick a fight with, these fools pick a fight with the clan MOST adept at hand-to-hand fighting.

This is either monumentally stupid, or fundamentally brilliant. On the "stupid" side, they get their forces worn down, if not wiped out, in a major way, just on the first battle. On the" brilliant" side, if they manage to take out the Drow's best hand-to-hand fighters, whatever troops they have left will have a much easier time dealing with the rest.

Yeah, this chapter's going to be all sorts of interesting.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Next

Return to Moonless Age