Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

chapter 52 : Page 1

Re: chapter 52 : Page 1

Postby abadidea » Sat May 13, 2017 5:06 pm

I suppose Kenro might be considered old enough to fight (especially in self defense) now by the other Emberi... *hmmm*
abadidea
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Smokehammer » Sat May 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:And seriously no wall at all ? Did the Drows thought the mists would shroud them forever ?
Well given they didnt bother with levees or false hills to fix the Skyhole mess...

Mach it self was a fortress though, so sarcasm aside its probably just the outlying village thats getting fragged here.

Adelor wrote:Either the hermiones are part Orc(or whatever the orc equivalent is in drowtales), or they are very multiculturar.
I believe the Orc-like people are Noz? And yeah Im pretty sure the Hermiones are part Noz. Also:

GO HERMIONES! SMASH THE SHIT OUT OF THE SAGGY ASS! *

*Yeah I know, but hey Pandora left it in the box, so Im hanging on to it
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Nowhere Girl » Sat May 13, 2017 6:09 pm

jarek56 wrote:In a way, I truly hope the Hermiones are a legitimate and serious threat to all of Drow-kind. At last, a threat that hopefully can't be reasoned with, can't have asinine and poorly thought out 'diplomatic' actions stop, can seriously outnumber and out-produce the drow, and perhaps most of all...

Maybe, perhaps, be the threat that dear Snadya honestly never was worthy of being. Whether through the natural idiocy of the Drow or other out of story reasons...I never felt she was worthy of being the big bad threat. Add on whatever the hell Zala became after being consumed...well, THERE might lie a true end-game threat to the Drow.

I'm gonna try not to get my hopes up though. -_-

This.

Snadhya is at this point more of a joke than any kind of real threat. The Hermione could fill that "Big Bad" role, I suppose, but honestly, I wouldn't get your hopes up. The fact is, the drow in this setting are so hilariously overpowered in every way (except intelligence, where they're at least equally stupid) compared with the humans in this setting that it's like sending Smurfs to deal with Halo Spartans.
Nowhere Girl
Summoner

Postby HoneyBee » Sat May 13, 2017 6:27 pm

I hope they've come to do some actual damage. :)
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby 'Lement » Sat May 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:So... the Hermionnes hurt Vaelia, Ariel goes berserk and kicks so much ass the clan acceopts her as illharess?

Unlikely, as it's been three years. Given everything post-timeskip happened in, like, half a year? The succession crisis is either solved to bit better stability than "two heirs, no leader after founder died yesterday", or if it remained unsolved Snadhya'rune surely either controls the situation, has bombed/poisoned the Sarghress to irrelevance (I take this, from the chapter title) or is dead now. Similarly, Nishi surely wasn't dangled in front of Snadhya's nose for 3 years, either.

Given how quickly the clans broke beforehand and uncontrolled anti-Val mentality, I can't say I have certain surety that they survived the timeskip for most Chel clans. Kyorl, Jaal, Ill'hardo sure - but Sarghress, Sharen, Vloz/Duter, Sul, Beld, Nals? I can see a conceivable way for each of them to fall from what power they held (again). Surely not all, of course, but...

That said, those more near livestreams know better. I recall one cameo list was divided in just two or three sides, though, suggesting the clans either way no longer being so defining into multipolar world.
Hfar wrote:Spring is coming! ...Hm, somehow doesn't have the same ring to it.

Spring once every three years? That's some weird weather :P
abadidea wrote:I suppose Kenro might be considered old enough to fight (especially in self defense) now by the other Emberi... *hmmm*

Yeah probs. 15-2+3= should be 15 or 16 years old, now. The age when Ariel first attacked halme kingdom!

Even more, he's been drilling with sword since summer or autumn pre-this timeskip.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Obsidian Agent » Sat May 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Nowhere Girl wrote:The fact is, the drow in this setting are so hilariously overpowered in every way (except intelligence, where they're at least equally stupid) compared with the humans in this setting that it's like sending Smurfs to deal with Halo Spartans.

Wait, what. We AGREE on something? Huh.

Although, as Khora and Smoke beat into my head, there are no actual human in DT - only very very human-like goblins (whatever the flying fuck THAT means).

And if you want to see a reversal of the species' power levels, I'd recommend reading the thread on Spacebattles where DT had the misfortune of going up against... The Wheel of Time. Which... did not go well for the Drow. At all.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Marcellogo » Sat May 13, 2017 9:47 pm

Hfar wrote:Spring is coming! ...Hm, somehow doesn't have the same ring to it.

Try this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbEbrU0w3kk
The joyful springtime pleases me

That makes the leaves and flowers appear,

I’m pleased to hear the gaiety

Of birds, those echoes in the ear,
Of song through greenery;

I’m pleased when I see the field

With tents and pavilions free,

And joy then comes to me

All through the meadowlands to see

The heavy-armoured cavalry.

It pleases me when outriders

Make labourers and cattle flee,

It pleases me when follow after

Crowds of well-armed soldiery,

And I am pleased at heart,

To see great castles forced by art

Their walls taken, rent apart,
To see a host at war,

Enclosed by moats in every part,

With close-knit palisades and more.

I’m also pleased to view some lord

Who leads the vanguard in attack,

On armoured horse, a fearless sword,

Who can inspire his men to hack

Away and bravely fight,

And when the conflict’s joined aright,

Each must in readiness delight,

And follow where he might,

For none attains to honour’s height

Till blows have landed left and right...
Marcellogo
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Adelor » Sat May 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Obsidian Agent wrote:
Although, as Khora and Smoke beat into my head, there are no actual human in DT - only very very human-like goblins (whatever the flying fuck THAT means).

The "Goblins" in Drowtales are not like the goblins in DnD or WoW. The term "goblin" is more like a racial slur used by the drow to refer to the non-fay whom they see as inferior.
Adelor
Summoner

Postby Obsidian Agent » Sat May 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Adelor wrote:
Obsidian Agent wrote:

The "Goblins" in Drowtales are not like the goblins in DnD or WoW. The term "goblin" is more like a racial slur used by the drow to refer to the non-fay whom they see as inferior.

That's what I thought too, until Khora and Smoke repeatedly told me that the "very very human-like goblins" was what Kern had said.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat May 13, 2017 11:12 pm

Adelor wrote:Either the hermiones are part Orc(or whatever the orc equivalent is in drowtales), or they are very multiculturar.

I think it goes like this:

-Halme: Sorta (South) European-like.
-Emberi: Sorta Asian-like.
-Merovian: Sorta North/West European-like.
-Kotorc: Orc-like. Short, stocky, green or yellow-skinned guys, kinda like midget Shreks. They are omnivores, gregarious, trainable, loyal to their masters. They have a society, own cattle, work the fields, live in villages. They could be Hominids, or even members of the genus Homo.
-Noz: Beatsmen-like... they look kinda like werewolves, or rather werehyenas. They are very tall. They are carnivores. Nomadic hunters, very difficult to train. Definitively not Hominids, and not even Primates... their females have at least two pairs of breasts, and I think they may have tails...
-Hermionne: Mostly human, but they have fangs (which their nobles file down in order to look less bestial. They tend to be fair skinned and red-haired, and they have a lot of spots and blotches on their skin. I think they look like humans mixed with something else... An old elven experiment gone feral?
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Smokehammer » Sat May 13, 2017 11:44 pm

Obsidian Agent wrote: That's what I thought too, until Khora and Smoke repeatedly told me that the "very very human-like goblins" was what Kern had said.
Ehhhh. I think there might be some misunderstanding here. Goblin IS a slur against all non-fae beings that are anthropoid. However, there are no "humans" in Drowtales. Halmes, etc arent humans at all, merely human-like. Kern has said that their evolution and all such things was completely different but Im not sure that he meant they were actually human looking goblins(in the traditional sense of a goblin).

Doom Chinchilla wrote:

I think it goes like this:

-Halme: Sorta (South) European-like.
-Emberi: Sorta Asian-like.
-Merovian: Sorta North/West European-like.
-Kotorc: Orc-like. Short, stocky, green or yellow-skinned guys, kinda like midget Shreks. They are omnivores, gregarious, trainable, loyal to their masters. They have a society, own cattle, work the fields, live in villages. They could be Hominids, or even members of the genus Homo.
-Noz: Beatsmen-like... they look kinda like werewolves, or rather werehyenas. They are very tall. They are carnivores. Nomadic hunters, very difficult to train. Definitively not Hominids, and not even Primates... their females have at least two pairs of breasts, and I think they may have tails...
-Hermionne: Mostly human, but they have fangs (which their nobles file down in order to look less bestial. They tend to be fair skinned and red-haired, and they have a lot of spots and blotches on their skin. I think they look like humans mixed with something else... An old elven experiment gone feral?

I think it was mentioned though that Kotorc had been replaced by Noz or were similar, but I cant remember where. However, Im pretty sure Hermionne were part Noz as mentioned in a livestream -but since Im not 100% sure, its a good question to ask in the next one!
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Folk » Sun May 14, 2017 12:24 am

wooo! go humans whoop some elf butt! :P
Folk
Tainted

Postby abadidea » Sun May 14, 2017 12:53 am

I honestly really enjoy the conceit that the races that we the readers identify as "us" are lumped in as goblins and not separated into a distinct "human" category in the viewpoint eyes of elves. Why *should* we be considered fundamentally different from goblins or orcs really? :V
abadidea
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun May 14, 2017 2:19 am

these Hermionne remind me of D&D Hobgoblins with their faces, attire, well cared for equipment, and military tactics and organization (and like them, don't seem to get along with elves) :(
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: Hermionne? Doesn't she hang out with that Potter kid?

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Sun May 14, 2017 3:04 am

Is that Herm at the center of the bottom panel wearing a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_coif or just an especially ragged cloth wrapping?
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age