Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 52 : Cover

Re: Chapter 52 : Cover

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Fri May 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Maybe Ash is turned around to look at whatever is exploding.

Helpful hint, Hermiones. You don't go picking a fight with a race that can blow up a moon when cornered. Just saying.

And yeah, Ariel has shown that she won't hesitate to kill "goblins" if she has to.

As for Ky'onne, she's a sight for sore eyes. I hole she's here to help, to make ammends if nothing else.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Hfar » Fri May 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Oh hey Kyonne. Been awhile since we've seen you girl.

'Lement wrote:Not sure what "standard-length" chapter is. Not sure DT has more than two chapters with the same pagecount, but even regular publications I've seen range from 15 to 50.

Oh details, details!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Zarannya » Fri May 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Irae Maeviir wrote:
Is that a moon shattering over everybody???

Okay, that's worse than my worst-case scenario of someone (Kavahini? Dragons?) doing a colony drop with so far little-featured sky islands.

But it reminds me of Nishikanta's golem core and mana platform as well. Maybe an explosive bomb thrown with the trebuchet.

My first thought was that this could be the airship that Snadhya's been hiding, firing down on...something. The second panel here shows it from an upward looking view - I thought the bottom of it sort of looked like Nishi'kanta's golem core too.

http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9783
Zarannya
Tainted

Postby katrover » Fri May 12, 2017 7:29 pm

I love Ariel's expression. Looks like she's stepping into Quain's shoes just fine.
katrover
Tainted

Postby Whizzard » Fri May 12, 2017 7:39 pm

Everyone looks rather upset. I guess they are about to make someone really regret something.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Marcellogo » Fri May 12, 2017 8:31 pm

Marcellogo wrote:So, given that The Last Thread doesn't in any way refer to the end of the series what would its real meaning instead?
The last link of communication of the fortress under siege, the last ray of Hope or the last one of the cowbew :@ ?

So I have to auto-quote myself, but maybe I figured it...
It refers not to a single needle thread but to the red tissue Ariel has in her left: the last Sargress standard of the falling fortress taken down from the flagstaff before starting the final charge.
Marcellogo
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:49 pm

KYO'ONNE!!! Woot!

Now we just need Quill and we will have seen everyone I want to catch up on.

Odd, I thought there was going to be a three year timeskip and Ariel was going to be buffer, but everyone looks much the same. Ariel is still wearing the fancy armor still. Come Ariel, go back to the purple. The purple is yours, reclaim it from the Nids!

There looks to be a bag on a leg not connected to anyone. Odd.

What is with the big rock above? The airship maybe?
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Fri May 12, 2017 11:09 pm

kyo'nne nooooooo
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby 'Lement » Sat May 13, 2017 4:24 am

Heh, Smoke. Saw Quaill just in ch50, so not eager for her. Then again, not very eager for anyone missing.

Maybe a confirmation or denial of the death of Iniira. I gather Nals hope to be a force with surface trading. Not easy to do that with this situation.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:49 am

As for what Last Thread means...well, IIRC, being on one's Last Thread can mean being really angry, close to snapping as it were.

I still like the idea of Machtike going independent, maybe this is the end of the last thread connecting the colonies to the Underworld?

Or maybe it just references to the peace on the surface breaking down in general.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Kardwill » Sat May 13, 2017 7:48 am

Marcellogo wrote:So, given that The Last Thread doesn't in any way refer to the end of the series what would its real meaning instead?
The last link of communication of the fortress under siege, the last ray of Hope or the last one of the cowbew :@ ?

"Unravel" was a chapter about the Sargh clan blowing up, using the analogy of a tightly woven fabric suddenly coming apart. So "the last thread" could continue the same analogy : the last hope for the Sarghs, the last fortress loyal to the "old" Sarghs... The last tenuous, fragile thing between them and complete extinction/assimilation
Kardwill
Summoner

Postby Marcellogo » Sat May 13, 2017 8:16 am

Thank all for your gentle and interesting replies.
Marcellogo
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Tempestfury » Sat May 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Well now... Kyo'nne the singer returns... maybe we'll be able to see more of her intelligence as well.
Tempestfury
Nether Seed

Previous

Return to Moonless Age