Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 51 : page 25

Re: Chapter 51 : page 25

Postby Shoedrinker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:00 am

I suspect the name will be Tana'ariel'Faen'Fariel'Araen'Vaelia'Shimi'lande'Fuz'zy'Laele'aell'Shyphile'Mir'kiin'Those'halmes'we'killed'back'then....'Gha or "Tana'gha" for short.
Shoedrinker
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:22 am

Shoedrinker wrote:I suspect the name will be Tana'ariel'Faen'Fariel'Araen'Vaelia'Shimi'lande'Fuz'zy'Laele'aell'Shyphile'Mir'kiin'Those'halmes'we'killed'back'then....'Gha or "Tana'gha" for short.

Tana'gha seems like a good name... As long as you don't tell anyone how you come up with the idea. I don't think anyone would take that poor girl seriously if they knew half her name was based on "baby sounds" she made. XD
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby BlackFulcrum » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:01 am

I like it how Ariel's hair wraps around Pup/Pelan in the last two panels to prevent him falling off his stool his exuberance.
BlackFulcrum
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tsakta » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:24 pm

With that punch, aughta name her Sai'Tana.
Tsakta
Nether Spawn

Location: Elliptical orbit around a point eight inches to the left of the future
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:Interesting that Faen proposes names in honor of Quain, and Ariel seems really put off by the idea.

Exastiken wrote:Ariel accepted that she is Quain's granddaughter, and not her daughter. Did she ever acknowledge that before?

Openly said so? I cannot remember any instances of such, outside of a joke page where she said "please don't die grandma!"

Still, from the context of her words and actions, she clearly knew and accepted the truth - in particular I remember she was calling the pups her brothers and sisters before catching herself and saying "nephews and niece" in public.

I think maybe Ariel doesn't want the kids to live in Quain's shadow or feel they have to live up to her incredible legacy by naming them after Quain'tana herself, Ariel isn't named after Quain but she certainly understands the burden of being expected to live up to her greatness one way or another. Its also possible maybe she fears naming two children after the dead is bad luck or something along those lines, or she doesn't want to associate Shala's death with her siblings names.

Wolfdancer95 wrote: Honestly I'm going "baba" Baba Val'Sarghress. that's called a self call back

In all seriousness, Octavia Val'Sarghress is a boss name.

And this is probably one of the first times anyone has asked Pup- Pelan, what he wants. I'm glad that Vaelia helped him figure it out :) :) So cute

Thanks Wolfdancer! And I like the panels of Pelan figuring out his own name, his reaction to learning he gets to pick his own was pretty damn adorable XD...Vaelia is indeed awesome.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Previous

Return to Moonless Age