Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 51 : page 24

Re: Chapter 51 : page 24

Postby BlackFulcrum » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:03 am

Sonor Val'Illhar'dro wrote:Kenro's ears look a bit elvish...
which is impossible
but still

It's just how Kern draws Emberi ears, you can see it on Vaelia on the previous page too.
BlackFulcrum
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:17 am

which is impossible
but still

Dhal has been selectively breeding humans for centuries to make them more elf-looking, and it has been hinted that Kenro's dad may be one of those.
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby LtTora » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:53 pm

All the Cute babies! too...much...cuteness! I MUST CUDDLE THEM ALL! XD

One thing that still bothers me though: who got her pregnant? not that she isn't good looking, but...who?
LtTora
Nether Seed

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:17 pm

LtTora wrote:All the Cute babies! too...much...cuteness! I MUST CUDDLE THEM ALL! XD

One thing that still bothers me though: who got her pregnant? not that she isn't good looking, but...who?

Her yet unseen husband, who else?
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Margirita » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:36 pm

They are secretly Kel's children :P
Margirita
Summoner

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:20 pm

LtTora wrote:All the Cute babies! too...much...cuteness! I MUST CUDDLE THEM ALL! XD

He is a halme from Haltonreibe.
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Marcellogo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Yes, I have noted how Kenro not look 100% Emberi...
Marcellogo
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby abadidea » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:06 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:I think Mel might have something to say about Faen. I mean, assuming she ever finds out they are alive.

Must be a burden to feed so many extra mouths. Then again, Vaelia owes them a whole lot.

What is with Pup's face in that last panel? Is he entranced by the faeries, or perhaps he is shocked that anyone would diss his name.

It's winter, true, but being a surface colony dweller she's probably noticeably better off than the average Chelian right now.

As for Mel... she seemed to acknowledge Faen as being Ariel's girlfriend, and Ariel is Mel's daughter/heir of course, so it makes perfect sense that the children are now *their responsibility* if Mel isn't around (leaving aside the question of whether Mel is an enemy). Are they even still *legally* Mel's children? Did Quain legally adopt them or just assume custody?
abadidea
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby James Rye » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Guess this means we will never see Ariel having children on her own. Aw well, at least she got two cuties and a bearmama to take care of them while she works hard to bring the ada home. xD
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Margirita » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:26 pm

http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=6497
and the 2 pages after it.

He could be the father. Looks Like he is a trader who gets knows drow.
Margirita
Summoner

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:
which is impossible
but still

Dhal has been selectively breeding humans for centuries to make them more elf-looking, and it has been hinted that Kenro's dad may be one of those.

Where has it been hinted, if I may ask ? And where did you get the info that Dhal run such an operation ? *eek*
(And for what purpose would she do that, ease Drow's phobia of rounded ears when they finally return to the surface ?)
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Sarah » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Hey Kenro.....

Shut up.
Sarah
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Sionyx » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Adding my vote to Mel not going full rage mode upon discovering Faen's raising the kids. Mel's gonna be angry at the situation, not the people, and Snad's probably gonna do some of her typical fast talking to get out of it (wanna punch her teeth in SO BAD...). We've seen that Mel likes Faen and the concept art of toddler Octobear doesn't show the kid being groomed to be a Quain mode soldier. As others have already pointed out, Mel wants a peaceful life for her children. This isn't the way she wants it, but it's still good.

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:I'm going to guess that it was Mel'arnach and Kel'noz's father who named them, it's too long to have been Quain's choosing. 8P

I asked about that a few years ago in the news post area. According to Kern, they were originally Mel and Kel. Didn't say who chose their longer names, but Quain Sucks At Naming trend continues. Who'd've thought Ariel would actually owe a tiny bit of gratitude to Syphile for asking what the baby's name would be? And now I wonder who asked about Vene's name, since he actually had one instead of a nickname...
Sionyx
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:03 pm

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:
Doom Chinchilla wrote:
which is impossible
but still

Where has it been hinted, if I may ask ? And where did you get the info that Dhal run such an operation ? *eek*
(And for what purpose would she do that, ease Drow's phobia of rounded ears when they finally return to the surface ?)

The info comes from the podcasts, from the chibis and from concept art of Dhal silver-haired human assistant (he is silver haired due to selectve breeding, to make humans more drow-looking). The text under rhe concept art also says that Dhal has mixed her Halme stock with Emberis to make their skin darker.

Now, Vaelia said that the children's father lives in Haltonreibe, where Dhal's company is based, and Dhal mates her pets with Emberis. And Dhal would probably consider Vaelia of superior stock, due to being accepted by the Highland Raiders.

As for the reason... why do humans breed Persian cats or Angora rabbits or Afghan hounds?
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Postby HoneyBee » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:41 pm

OMG-- I'm dying from Esuni's cuteness... >.<
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age