Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 51 : page 24

Chapter 51 : page 24

Postby Kern » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:19 am

Ariel is surprised by Faen's answer when Vaelia ask if the childs belong to them.
Faen adopted hard . And yes finally the babies will get names. That should appease thrair.
Another very late page unfortunately.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 51 : page 24

Postby Folk » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:28 am

I like the little faeries *lol*
Folk
Tainted

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:44 am

I think Mel might have something to say about Faen. I mean, assuming she ever finds out they are alive.

Must be a burden to feed so many extra mouths. Then again, Vaelia owes them a whole lot.

What is with Pup's face in that last panel? Is he entranced by the faeries, or perhaps he is shocked that anyone would diss his name.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:47 am

I like those faeries too, and there's even a hole nest of them. Can that one carry a bite of bread that big ?

It's going to be a bit hard to explain that they're Ariel's real mother's children, which makes her their sister, and that their grandmother Quaintana had no skill in naming people.
I'm going to guess that it was Mel'arnach and Kel'noz's father who named them, it's too long to have been Quain's choosing. 8P
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 am

Who was it that said that Quain just named them Kel and Mel, and they made their own names longer to fit into Ortho better? I liked that idea.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alistante » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:01 am

I like how everything that has come out of Kenro's mouth so far has been anger, accusatory, or indignation. He is going through his teen years hard.
Alistante
Nether Spawn

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Seraphiel » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:14 am

'They're welcome here.' I have a feeling Vaelia was talking to the earth spirits in that frame.
Seraphiel
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Nori » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:44 am

Faen's expression in the second to last panel is so sweet, just super soft and serene ;u;

....annnnd *cough* just gonna not-so-subtly put Adora'bilis(or just Adora) out there for Octobear's name once again--I HAVEN'T GIVEN UP YET OKAY MAN :V

Junglefowl26 wrote:I think Mel might have something to say about Faen. I mean, assuming she ever finds out they are alive.

I feel like Mel would just be happy they're finally away from Quain tbh ^^; , and Faen seems to have earned her seal of approval thus far, so I don't think she'd mind too much(granted she might want them back, but I don't think she'd be blatantly pissed/upset or anything)
Nori
Nether Spawn

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Marcellogo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:58 am

Yes, Faen is 100% into it, another source of worries for the poor Ariel, when and if Mel would show up.
Also ecase if Ariel would became a truly Ilharess, she would find herself in a very ankward position about her renegate mother.
Marcellogo
Tainted

Postby Whizzard » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:37 am

Alistante wrote:I like how everything that has come out of Kenro's mouth so far has been anger, accusatory, or indignation. He is going through his teen years hard.

The drow may feel sorry for him and his mother because their teen years last a long time and thus may think that goblin teen years are the same but compressed together into just a few years to incredible intensity. "Wow, he's not gonna explode, I hope!?" :P
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Pitdragon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:48 am

Kenro has voiced my opinion. Never was a fan of the Quain'tana "got bored with naming kids" convention, heh.

Junglefowl26 wrote:Must be a burden to feed so many extra mouths. Then again, Vaelia owes them a whole lot.

They probably help earn their keep too, as well as their food. They've only been "pests" to larger Fae (drow) because they saw Drow storage (often left unattended for long periods) as food sources and were driven off as such. With Vaelia likely working with them, offering and helping where she can, they in turn help her out. They probably keep real pests away!

Nori wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:I think Mel might have something to say about Faen. I mean, assuming she ever finds out they are alive.

I feel like Mel would just be happy they're finally away from Quain tbh ^^; , and Faen seems to have earned her seal of approval thus far, so I don't think she'd mind too much(granted she might want them back, but I don't think she'd be blatantly pissed/upset or anything)

Honestly, Mel probably would be happy at the notion - she thinks the kids are dead, and Ariel and Faen are likely dead with them or in dire straits. However, to find out that two survived because Ariel and Faen managed to save them and take care of them, and they live on the Surface free of the Underworld politics (which I can see Ariel trying to keep them out of), just as she wanted for her kids, would probably be some level of relief and joy. Any anger or issues likely will come from other sources - continued clan struggles, potentially Kel's influence, her own relationship issues with Snadhya (if Snadhya puts on a good face about being happy she was wrong but also "lamenting" the pain she caused Mel, then her "mistaken report in a time of confusion" would likely be forgiven though). Frankly, I think Faen is safe unless Mel has resolved herself to taking her kids back and anyone getting in her way will get a truly remorseful apology before their fate. And I'm not really seeing it unless things go to crap again (and Mel would likely beg Faen to come with her instead, especially if that could get Ariel to follow).
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:04 am

Kenro's ears look a bit elvish...
which is impossible
but still
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 am

Sonor Val'Illhar'dro wrote:Kenro's ears look a bit elvish...
which is impossible
but still

Perhaps Kern forgot how to draw human ears.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Qwalnee » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:01 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro wrote:Kenro's ears look a bit elvish...
which is impossible
but still

Perhaps Kern forgot how to draw human ears.

Perhaps plastic surgery to look like elf is fashionable among modern goblin youth? 8P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCsR2rW3XtM
Qwalnee
Nether Seed

Postby gd1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:43 am

Faen's left eye in the last panel seems kinda sad.
gd1
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Next

Return to Moonless Age