Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 51 : page 18

Re: Chapter 51 : page 18

Postby nerdycanuck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:23 pm

AnoP wrote:
Seraphina126 wrote:How is her shouting down a hill (and possibly causing an avalanche - the ignorant twat)

Okay see , there's movies, and various cartoons, and then there's real life. Remember, if you see something happening repeatedly in fiction, but never in a documentary, it probably happens repeatedly because it's a popular writing convention.

I think there are ways to get your point across without sounding condescending like you do here. Please be mindful in the future.
nerdycanuck
Demon

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:30 pm

rediius wrote:I just saw this, but for now, Zareh's Wiki link takes you to her bio page which reads :

Zareh is a character that first appeared in the comic before a concept art was made. What do ya want from me? This was supposed to be a workpage. -Thrair

It's definitely one of those funny background events.

I burst out laughing the first time I saw that page. Poor Thrair, he must regret becoming a loremaster with all these updates to do. ^^;
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby AnoP » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:20 am

nerdycanuck wrote:
AnoP wrote:
Seraphina126 wrote:How is her shouting down a hill (and possibly causing an avalanche - the ignorant twat)

Okay see , there's movies, and various cartoons, and then there's real life. Remember, if you see something happening repeatedly in fiction, but never in a documentary, it probably happens repeatedly because it's a popular writing convention.

I think there are ways to get your point across without sounding condescending like you do here. Please be mindful in the future.

I mean I did think "Does this sound condescending/insulting" whilst writing it, so I then altered it, to include a reference to the supernatural show when Sam is talking to Dean, and I was sort of attempting to Ape GI-joe PSA in the last part (this was an attempt at humor). So I think this is the least annoying way I personally am able to write, if I am actually thinking of avoiding condescension and upping comedy whilst writing it. (for example I substituted "jocularity" for "comedy" because that's condescending because for every 100 people that uses the word comedy, no one uses the word jocularity).
Ok, you're smart, that much has been shown.

Nah. Benjamin Reuter and Jürg Schweizer did all the actual work.
AnoP
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Previous

Return to Moonless Age