Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 51 : Page 16

Chapter 51 : Page 16

Postby Kern » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:57 am

Across the gap lay the colony where Kau find an abandoned golem buried in the snow. One he is determined to fix.
We're now moving to main arc of this chapter as shown on the cover. Snow as far as eyes can see. Something we still have a plenty over here even though its mid-april...
As to why there is a golem right there. Could've sunk in a hole hidden in the snow. Or maybe the pilot grew exhausted from mana deprivation and just abandonned it until it get easier.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 51 : Page 16

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:02 am

I am surprised they are even bringing golems to the colony, given that they are draining in the underworld and mana dissipates more on the surface.

Since romance has been a theme of this chapter, is this implying a Kau/Sarnel ship? :P

(Actually, come to think of it we have plenty of boy/girl pairings and a few girl/girl ones, but no boy/boy ones, despite bisexuality being common. Though, it would kind of seem like they are trying to replace Shala with each other so nah. )
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:19 am

I could see Sarnel being drawn towards Kau as a replacement for Shala...

Kau, on the other hand, I expected him to latch to Ariel (and Faen) as a replacement older sister; he is a follower, and he is used to have val females telling him what to do....
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Rhov » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:28 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:I am surprised they are even bringing golems to the colony, given that they are draining in the underworld and mana dissipates more on the surface.

Since romance has been a theme of this chapter, is this implying a Kau/Sarnel ship? :P

(Actually, come to think of it we have plenty of boy/girl pairings and a few girl/girl ones, but no boy/boy ones, despite bisexuality being common. Though, it would kind of seem like they are trying to replace Shala with each other so nah. )

I second a male/male ship. Doesn't have to be them. Could be any male character. Or maybe these two would be good, but down the road, after they have time to heal.
Rhov
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Kardwill » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:56 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:I am surprised they are even bringing golems to the colony, given that they are draining in the underworld and mana dissipates more on the surface.

After the last few pages... Is replacing your dead partner with one of her blood relative all the rage in this season? oO
Kardwill
Summoner

Postby Sagdocale » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Kau there? Interesting! I though he will stay with his mother.
Sagdocale
Nether Seed

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Sagdocale wrote:Kau there? Interesting! I though he will stay with his mother.

Who says she's not around. And with Snad still in the picture, the colony's going to need all the defenses it can get. One unexpected golem might just make the difference.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Aurawyn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:44 pm

This is a lovely page, But I hate this kind of page... So much space... so little going on... :V

Doom Chinchilla wrote:I could see Sarnel being drawn towards Kau as a replacement for Shala...

I see them being drawn together.. but not with Kau as a replacement for Shala. I see it happening more as a bond that develops between them because of their connection and mutual love and respects for her.. Like a brother kind of relationship...
Last edited by Aurawyn on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurawyn
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby riflow » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Rhov wrote:

I second a male/male ship. Doesn't have to be them. Could be any male character. Or maybe these two would be good, but down the road, after they have time to heal.

Sabrror x Zhor otp. Best Boys together forever. ;~;

Jokes aside, yeah I've always felt like that was a major thing drowtales never seemed to do or even really hint at. Was it even a thing in daydream?
riflow
Summoner

Postby Dalvyserran » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:34 pm

There was, but there was some, hmm... kickback
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby The14th » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Wow, one page and already a new ship is born.
The14th
Tainted

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Although I'm not against a male homosexual relationship, I don't think it would be a good idea to put these two together.
It would feel kinda... forced, after the last pages, where love "blossomed" quite often enough.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Kelnoz the Illharess Hunter, seriously, first Waes and now Ashie? Who is Kel going to hook up with next? Feels like the plot of a harem anime I always wanted but didn't know it until just now :P

Seriously though, I dunno how to feel about this, I'm glad Ashie & those loyal to her will be backing Ariel's faction, but it must be a little awkward to end up in a relationship with your mom's lover (who knows how Quain would feel about this, outside of Daydream that is lol)....Although, this IS Ashie we're talking about here, Kel you lucky bastard lol.

P.S. give Kau a few years and he'll build drowkind's first giant super robot, out of that tiny frozen golem no less! lol
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Smokehammer » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:15 pm

Dick move on Sarnel's part. Also, Kau was last seen with Sillice, that means Sillice is here somewhere too. Sillice, in a land of snow. Yeah... everybody better be nice to Silly. *wee*
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Smokehammer wrote:Dick move on Sarnel's part. Also, Kau was last seen with Sillice, that means Sillice is here somewhere too. Sillice, in a land of snow. Yeah... everybody better be nice to Silly. *wee*

Last time we saw Kau, he was telling Sillice: "I'm leaving to..." I think he was telling her that he was leaving to Machike with Ariel and Faen; he was just seeking closure, when he confronted his mother. I guess he got a better deal than he expected...

Sillice may be in Machike too (I doubt it), but Kau may have decided to follow with his original plan (leaving Chel and Sillice behind and follow Ariel) even after making amends with his mom...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Next

Return to Moonless Age