Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 51 : page 15

Chapter 51 : page 15

Postby Kern » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:58 am

Ash face despair at the prospect of her clan until Kelnoz break through and offer her some hope.
Romance is in the air. Ash want to be noticed but Kelnoz is playing it hard. Then suddenly ash goes "Sempai?" with her empathic tentacles and Kelnoz goes "hot"...
}:3
As some says the alliance need to be "renewed"
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 51 : page 15

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:03 am

AshXKel was never a ship I had considered.

I don't think I can get aboard.

(As long as WaesXKel ship hasn't sunk yet, I can tolerate it)
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Marcus Darkstar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:05 am

LOL Klenoz the Gigolo of the Sarghress. If daydream story is true this will be the SECOND I'llharess he beds to "establish/renew" an alliance.
Marcus Darkstar
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Thrair » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:09 am

Huh.

Ya know. I'm starting to feel like Ash'waren is what you'd get if you took Snadhya'rune and added few dashes of empathy (no pun intended) and some fatalism.

She's very casually manipulative, and I'm not even sure if she thinks about it anymore. I think she's legitimately interested in Kel'noz, now. Not for anything deep, but because she's reeling from losing Quain and rebounding hard.

But in the process, she's using empathy on him out of course. It's a little disturbing, all the more so because she is not complete sociopath like Snadhya.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Postby The14th » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:13 am

See, this is the source of why Sullisins can't seem to keep it in their pants.
The14th
Tainted

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Marcus Darkstar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:14 am

Empathy typically practice what they know pretty liberally despite our own moral questions about the issue. I think most empathy dont think its an issue of trying to mind fuck and incline people towards certain emotions. I mean if you think about it people today wear make up and perfumes advertised "to drive your man wild" or in the male case "Ax Body Spray" in their commercials. Considering Empathy doesn't MAKE people do stuff just inclines them towards something like a strong suggestion i don't think many empaths consider it an invasion or something inherently wrong.
Marcus Darkstar
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Hfar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:17 am

I see Ash'waren likes 'em rough n' gruff.
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby El Bandito » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:22 am

Even one person worthy of trust is a big deal for Ash right now. She is gonna make sure of that, in bed.
El Bandito
Tainted

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:26 am

...Somehow sleeping with both mother and son, even if years apart, feels really skeezy. Which I suppose is rather natural for Ash.

"A better symbol than she ever was while she lived." A martyr can be a powerful symbol indeed....still ice cold man, particularly since she made it clear she was very much afraid of that outcome. But I suppose for him, the cause has always come first.

But what is the future of the cause? With the clan split in two and allied with old enemies, what direction can they go in?

It shall be interesting to see.

Edit - just had a thought -
Ash: "Will you share your fire with me?"
Kel: *lights her on fire*

Never be metaphorical with wizards.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Folk » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:35 am

Ash slept with Kels mommy, ewwwwwwwwwww *wutno*
Folk
Tainted

Postby riflow » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:55 am

Come on ashie don't start banging quains kids too. :'D next she'll be after one of the grandkids when they're grown up.
riflow
Summoner

Postby Abyrae » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:01 am

If Kel accepts, wouldn't it be like throwing hotdogs down a hallway, though?
Abyrae
Nether Seed

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:16 am

*anime falls with a loud thud* Ummm... ok then Ashie
Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Hfar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:19 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:...Somehow sleeping with both mother and son, even if years apart, feels really skeezy. Which I suppose is rather natural for Ash.

Folk wrote:Ash slept with Kels mommy, ewwwwwwwwwww *wutno*

riflow wrote:Come on ashie don't start banging quains kids too. :'D next she'll be after one of the grandkids when they're grown up.

Large age gaps really don't make a difference to elves, since they've got the semi-eternal youth thing going for them. And in a feudal society like Chel, where relationships are more about politics than love, it's common for a relative of the deceased to assume the relationship role of the deceased so their family can maintain political ties with the other party. Often this was a sibling or a cousin, but nephews and nieces were by no means unheard of.

Drow are also not nearly as hung up about monogamy as we are either, so in this case it makes even more sense that a child could resume the relationship of their parent. We have our hangups about kids marrying their parent's spouse because due to the prevalence of monogamy in western culture, said spouse was the kids biological parent. For Drow, this scenario is moot because it's common for the leaders of clans to have children by multiple mates.

Ash was Quain's mate, but Kel is not her son. He is a prominent and respected member of the Sarghress clan and the son of her old ally. And a relationship, even a loveless one, will tie them together as allies when both of them desperately need them.
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:35 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:...Somehow sleeping with both mother and son, even if years apart, feels really skeezy. Which I suppose is rather natural for Ash.

I could think of a much sleazier threeway to renew the alliance. And I expect to see it in daydream soonish. Now I just thought of a 4 way that's not quite as sleazy but it could be depending how heavy the Empaths make it.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Moonless Age