Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Relic Hunters Potential Player Outreach Thread

Re: Relic Hunters Potential Player Outreach Thread

Postby Ra'tatosk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:17 pm

goblin6 wrote:8<-----------
Each squad has a leader, that leader post a action/plan that his/her squad will perform (unlike PTP and DD, the character limit is big enough to post detailed descriptions, not sure what's teh limit but I think enough for a short paragraph), the other four members then vote for it, either by supporting the action, abstain or disagree. There's a deadline on how soon your squad's action is posted and voted on. If everyone on your team doesn't vote for the action before the deadline, then the consequences varies depending on the circumstances ranging from minor to severe for both the squad and the member who didn't vote. The squad as a whole will suffer a setback such as lagging behind but they can bounce right back if they tried hard enough or get lucky. The person(s) who didn't vote on time will most likely suffer a penalty, again how severe it will be varies depending on the circumstances(i.e. minor wounds, lost equipment, fatal wounds or even death).

Relic Hunter updates every ten days (give or take an extra few days early or late), so expect three updates a month. There's no clear path towards your goal. You're given near free range on how your squad does things.

So what about vacation (for the owner of the character)? If I go away for one or two weeks with bad internet connection, how do I get redemption from any punishments because I cannot give a vote? Do I have to step down from the whole campaign just because I'l be missing for one or two voting turns?
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Runes » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:19 pm

There is an absence thread which I read every time before I script, in which players can inform me if they are gone for a period of time.
Runes
Strawberry Ninja

Clan: Sharen

Postby goblin6 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:49 pm

Ra'tatosk wrote:-snip

As Runes just said, post in the absent thread to inform her ahead of time of your period of inactivity. Your absence will not count against your or your squad as long you give her a heads up. Here's the link to said thread:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=14031
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Disestablish » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:50 am

So what I've write now pretty much gives me an idea of how it works to set up a squad and all that.
My questions now are about the control the GM has on what submitted squad's actions.
Is there any randomized reactions to a submitted action or is it basicly the GM looking at the actions and deciding how exactly they will affect a certain event?
And for characters, I'm guessing it works like a cameo, where in back stories don't really matter, but is there any restrictions on how they might look?
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby goblin6 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:15 pm

Disestablish wrote:So what I've write now pretty much gives me an idea of how it works to set up a squad and all that.
My questions now are about the control the GM has on what submitted squad's actions.
Is there any randomized reactions to a submitted action or is it basicly the GM looking at the actions and deciding how exactly they will affect a certain event?
And for characters, I'm guessing it works like a cameo, where in back stories don't really matter, but is there any restrictions on how they might look?

For the submitted action, it's both but mostly the latter, though sometimes other factors might change things a bit depending on the circumstances. Normally the GM would just take whatever your squad's action is and run with it, though the GM might interpret it in another way if your action isn't clear enough for her to understand the intent of it. Occasionally, outside forces could alter or interrupt your action, like being ambushed by another squad or walking into a bad situation set up by another squad.

EDIT: I almost forgot and this is important, your characters have a limit to how much they can do depending on how much time there is in a given situation. It's hard to tell how much time has pass in-between turns, ask Runes the GM for clarification on the timing if you wish, either in the RH shoutbox or PM. Ex. performing a long list of actions in a scenario where you have plenty of time, it goes well if no outside factor interferes. Perform that same long list of actions where everything is happening so fast and little time to do it, you'll likely trip up and only perform a small number of what you want.

And most importantly, know the limits of your character. None of us are uber elite spec ops with game breaking power(s). In the last campaign, a player whose an empath try to use his empathy in taking out an entire squad, he ended up having a dragon crushing his neck because he wasn't proficient enough to affect multiple targets at once and he left himself wide open for retaliation. Oh and there's permadeath in this game, if you die, you're out for the rest of the campaign and will have to make a new character for the next one. As for the limit thing, eventually your characters will get tired out if you push them to hard, take the time to rest and regain some of their strength.

As for looks, no restriction other then race. You can be a drowlath, drowussu, lath/ssu hybrid, Mimian, Tei'kaliath, or even a surface born dark elf. And if you're going to be a Sharen, they have the option of being tainted but that carries its own risks, I don't think an explanation is needed of what those risks are.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Disestablish » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Okay, I'm nearly sold, I think I'll just get a spectator sub first, poke about in the archives abit and make sure.
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby goblin6 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:28 pm

It's for the best, check it out first before joining in. There's a campaign going on right now, we're assaulting a hermoine city with the objective to abduct the lord of said city. Which ever squad nabs the guy first wins and bring victory to their faction.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Guilty Carrion » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:41 pm

So, we've got possibly around 4 people interested at the moment...almost enough for a squad, if we're all legit interested.
Guilty Carrion
Summoner

Postby Disestablish » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:19 am

Still want to look things over and see how stuff goes down, ask a few more questions, but I have been generally interested if not just abit... I don't... Unsure seems like the right word if I should join.
At this point I just need to poke about in my mind for a character... Characters if needed when things go bad...
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:36 am

Well. Heres one interested too.
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:00 pm

Nerdycanuck has started a thread that may be of interest to some folks reading this.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Just to update, there are currently 4 spots open on four teams: 2 Nal'sarkoth, 1 Sarghress and 1 Sharen Alliance. If anyone is interested, send a PM to those respective leaders
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Brakham » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Hey y'all,
I'm curious about relic hunters, so for fun I started making a character sheet. I got a couple of question an I would very much appreciate it if someone could answer them.

Where can you find the character sheets of existing relic hunters? (to have some good examples)
Does the kind of weapon you use have certain bonuses? (eg. mace = bonus vs armoured)
Are (some) of the relic hunter adventures part of the canon? (not important but just curious)

Thanks for the time and don't forget to enjoy the comic :)
Brakham
Nether Spawn

Postby Alric » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:13 am

Welcome, Brakham!

1. Just click on the underlined green names of the RH characters on the Squad Roster sidebar (lower right hand corner on the RH main page, the left hand side of the page on the comic pages), it'll bring up a pop-up of the character's character sheets for your perusal. Here's a link to the template for reference. This is a link to a site that allows you to make a portrait for your character.

2. Not really. Maybe it'll play into how actions will play out but for the most part it's fairly inconsequential.

3. Since RH doesn't involve main characters in DT (though several RH characters have appeared in MA, such as my own) and is set in places far away from Chel, whether or not its "canon" is a moot point. That said, the GMs try to make the adventures as compatible with canon as they can, aside from the Kiel and Space Age adventures.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brakham » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:39 am

Alright, thanks Alric
Maybe I'll join RH, sure seems fun, and the people here seem friendly enough.

and the ducky andventures aren't canon, awww that's a shame. :P
anyway thanks again
Brakham
Nether Spawn

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age