Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Relic Hunters Potential Player Outreach Thread

Relic Hunters Potential Player Outreach Thread

Postby Alric » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:49 pm

Got any questions about Relic Hunters? Want to find people interested in playing, but none of you can find a squad open? Here's where you can do that. Post here if you're interested in playing Relic Hunters and want to know who else is too. Forming a squad with other prospective players here is not only permitted, but encouraged. :P

Here's the RH guide for any basic questions you may have about the game itself! Keep in mind that since this page was made, the Sharen Alliance has been unlocked for play; you can find more information here.

This particular thread is geared towards getting new folks not already playing RH to form potential squads and into the game. Here you can find the Recruitment Thread for folks already in game and looking for new blood.

Finally, there is a Relic Hunters general Skype chat for folks who may be interested in getting in contact with several current players. Please inquire within this thread if you're interested.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Re: Relic Hunters Potential Player Outreach Thread

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:52 pm

Good call.
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Tsuris » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:01 am

Some added info:

If you need to go over how character sheets work, go ahead and head here, very straightforward listing of how to write out your character sheet.

Have a character in mind but haven't gotten them drawn out yet? No worries! We've got a wonderful portrait maker here many of us use to give our characters an image and the thread has helpful tips for how to get the proper skin tones for Drowlath, Ssu and Nal'sarkoth skintones.

If any of the other veterens have anything to add that we haven't already touched on please feel free because I'm running on very little sleep here and having a hard time remembering all the details on some things ahaha
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dalvyserran » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:25 am

Don't be discouraged from joining if you see that your faction has no space. You are always encouraged to gather a group of 5 to form your own team! If necessary, accommodations can be made for teams in need of a member, as was done in the past.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Guilty Carrion » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Well, I've been tentatively looking at Relic Hunter for awhile, so I should voice some tentative interest...I'll have to do some research after work at the links you guys have provided.

Edit: So after rooting around a bit, I'm interested in joining, I'm just kind of unsure how would be best to go about that. Is it best to get the subscription first, or at least make sure I can find a place to go before I start paying?

Why yes, I am most likely dense, thank you for noticing. XD
Guilty Carrion
Summoner

Postby Alric » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:27 pm

That's what this thread is for, so that people who are interested can post here and get a squad set up before actually subscribing. For the record, I've heard about interest from a few other people. If they post here we can get a new squad together. I believe there are some positions open in current squads at this time, however.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Disestablish » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:32 pm

My question is more about what you even DO.
You make a character and set up in squads, that I get, but what then?
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby goblin6 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:31 pm

We then get together and have a tea party while speaking in a faux English accent. :P

But on a serious note, I suggest waiting for the next campaign as there's one underway right now. Not sure if a new squad can just pop up out of nowhere as they'll be at a serious disadvantage. Mostly because the campaign is sort of like a race, whomever can reach the goal, grab the prize or fulfill whatever objective the GM lays out first wins. A new squad joining in the middle of the campaign would be lagging behind and probably have little chance to catch up in time.

If you're wondering how the game mechanics work? It's kinda of like Path To Power, just mre competition. GM sets up a goal and many obstacles to bar the squads' path, and you'll be competing with other squads, those of a different faction as well as your own as there can be only one victor who walks with the grand prize so to speak. PVP is allowed (if the GM will it) against squads of a different faction and you can cooperate with squads in your factions to make things easy for you and them.

Each squad has a leader, that leader post a action/plan that his/her squad will perform (unlike PTP and DD, the character limit is big enough to post detailed descriptions, not sure what's teh limit but I think enough for a short paragraph), the other four members then vote for it, either by supporting the action, abstain or disagree. There's a deadline on how soon your squad's action is posted and voted on. If everyone on your team doesn't vote for the action before the deadline, then the consequences varies depending on the circumstances ranging from minor to severe for both the squad and the member who didn't vote. The squad as a whole will suffer a setback such as lagging behind but they can bounce right back if they tried hard enough or get lucky. The person(s) who didn't vote on time will most likely suffer a penalty, again how severe it will be varies depending on the circumstances(i.e. minor wounds, lost equipment, fatal wounds or even death).

Relic Hunter updates every ten days (give or take an extra few days early or late), so expect three updates a month. There's no clear path towards your goal. You're given near free range on how your squad does things.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Dalvyserran » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Disestablish wrote:My question is more about what you even DO.
You make a character and set up in squads, that I get, but what then?

You make the squad, choose a leader to write + submit actions, then you begin. At the start of a team's campaign, they usually have a chance to stock up on supplies (which you write in your submitted action)

You have a few days between the time the page is first posted to the deadline announced by the GM for your team to make the decisions. Decisions can go either way, but they have to be taken into consideration where your team is and what is around you. Consequences of bad actions are a real issue for teams to face.

The goal is to beat the other teams to the prize.

And actually, I recommend that you join a campaign as soon as you're ready, so long as your character (or your group) is ready to go right at that moment. There is no guarantee of a quick campaign timetable, and I know there are some don't like waiting for a long time to play. As alric said, there are a few spaces available right now.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Guilty Carrion » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Alric wrote:That's what this thread is for, so that people who are interested can post here and get a squad set up before actually subscribing. For the record, I've heard about interest from a few other people. If they post here we can get a new squad together. I believe there are some positions open in current squads at this time, however.

Based on some of what I read last night, doesn't a new squad need a 'veteran' from another campaign to lead it? Or is that not quite the hard rule I interpreted it as? It'd be entertaining to have a 'newbie' squad sprinting around, and I'd be fine with it, I just thought they required the 'vet'.

We could be on the same side, Dis! A change of pace from Ferals! XD
Guilty Carrion
Summoner

Postby Disestablish » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:-Snip_

How do people usually go about forming teams, just through the forum here or some other method, as well as what is the way picking supplies work?
Guilty Carrion wrote:

Oh sure, that would work... Until your sudden but inevitable betrayal.
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Guilty Carrion » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Disestablish wrote:
Guilty Carrion wrote:

Oh sure, that would work... Until your sudden but inevitable betrayal.

Guilty Carrion
Summoner

Postby goblin6 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Disestablish wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:-Snip_

How do people usually go about forming teams, just through the forum here or some other method, as well as what is the way picking supplies work?

You could do it through the forums, PM, skype, whatever method of messaging and communication. So long you get in touch with enough people to form a five man squad, that's it.

It's not as complicated as you might think, it's a lot of info to absorb yes, but it's far simpler in practice. Don't worry about the supplies. In some campaigns, the GM will offer you a choice of supplies you can take at the beginning of a campaign, other times you just make do with the weapons and armor you got.

Here's some links on additional info on squads, game mechanics and character class creation.

Squad mechanics - viewtopic.php?f=60&t=14657
Template and rules of creating a character - viewtopic.php?f=60&t=14518
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby nerdycanuck » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:08 pm

I was playing in a Nal squad until recently; I am, alas, unable to participate for a bit.

When I'm able to rejoin RH I'm interested in a Sharen squad this time around. They are the entire reason I joined RH in the first place.
nerdycanuck
Demon

Postby Guilty Carrion » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:00 pm

nerdycanuck wrote:I was playing in a Nal squad until recently; I am, alas, unable to participate for a bit.

When I'm able to rejoin RH I'm interested in a Sharen squad this time around. They are the entire reason I joined RH in the first place.

As a bit of a Sharen fan, I'm interested in that myself, but I'd be pretty chill with any faction I think.
Guilty Carrion
Summoner

Next

Return to Moonless Age