Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 46 : Page 54

Re: Chapter 46 : Page 54

Postby partner555 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:39 am

Eltharrion wrote:...Am I a bad person when I'm wishing this moment of relaxation, possible romance comedy and pervertness between Faen and Ariel should go on for quite a while from now on?

No, it just makes you a shipper, and a perverted one at that.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:50 am

partner555 wrote:
Eltharrion wrote:...Am I a bad person when I'm wishing this moment of relaxation, possible romance comedy and pervertness between Faen and Ariel should go on for quite a while from now on?

That I can live with, and admit it openly from the beginning.

Though, I'd like to point out that it's not the characters exclusively. I tend to enjoy short-like, passionate, complex and slightly even goofy romance sub-plots in any story.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby HoneyBee » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:41 am

Kaiser wrote:Haven't we had enough comedy these past couple pages? This bit just felt sort of unnecessary considering all the other things the space could have been used for. What exactly are the Kavahini doing out there?

They are hovering over Felde reviewing the script and waiting for their turn to enter into scene.
--some of them were a little nervous....
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Altruis » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:43 am

fur cloak and sex toys why do i feel mel passed from this room >.>
Altruis
Summoner

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:56 am

If Ariel is complaining about Felde looking nice and war-free, what would she say about the Illhardro lands that mauntained its fabulousness through their own civil war?
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby partner555 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:If Ariel is complaining about Felde looking nice and war-free, what would she say about the Illhardro lands that mauntained its fabulousness through their own civil war?

Did we get a good view of the city post civil war?
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby alkaizer87 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Eltharrion wrote:
partner555 wrote:

That I can live with, and admit it openly from the beginning.

Though, I'd like to point out that it's not the characters exclusively. I tend to enjoy short-like, passionate, complex and slightly even goofy romance sub-plots in any story.

Oh gosh...so open you say?! *big two thumbs up.*-Alkaizer/The 'Mega'-pervert approves of this person.
Also to get on topic. I think Faen knows very dang well what that is. Her mom probably gave her some pointers. But that's all just stupid theories. Either way, Faen looks like she so hyped up about having such a nice place. Then again I always was when I went to a Hotel on road trips with my family. I would always be like ," Wheeee!!! This bed is so soft! Also we get free breakfast tomorrow morning! I could sleep here and...ZzZzZZzZzz." Yeah I would pass out form using so much energy from rolling and jumping/walking on the bed XD Faen x Ariel shipping had been one of my favorites, always. Go for it Faen! Oh and another thing,-Alkaizer/The 'Mega'-pervert approves of today's page.

EDIT: The inner Child, never forget it, and don't deny it. It will always be there.
alkaizer87
Vel'akar

Location: At home with 3 of Vaelia's kids: 1 girl and 2 boys.

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:09 pm

partner555 wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:If Ariel is complaining about Felde looking nice and war-free, what would she say about the Illhardro lands that mauntained its fabulousness through their own civil war?

Did we get a good view of the city post civil war?

Concept art, and interiors of the illhardro fortresses
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby X_SapphireDream_X » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Leopardwerecat wrote:Image

If you're also rolling your eyes out of annoyance at this page, I certainly agree with you.

I get the feeling Faen is becoming more and more of a caricature than a real character...same with Kiel, actually.

It's a shame, Faen used to be one of my favourite characters, especially during the child-arc (can I call it like that?).

I mean, yeah, Drow are sexual beings, they bang a lot, okay Kern, we GET the point. Could we now please progress with the story in a more mature way?

The cast of believable and 'realistic' characters is slowly dwindling for me. Right now, I cling to Chrys'tel, who's still the most mature out of all the former 'child cast'.

I know that sex sells, but you know what? Good stories with interesting characters and an intriguing story sell just as well, only to a hopefully less puberescent audience.

Maybe it's just me becoming old, but then, I've never found sex jokes really funny.

I also thought we had a special section on this site for this kind of stuff? Daydream or what was it called? Please keep the smut and sex jokes there....Thanks...
X_SapphireDream_X
Nether Seed

Postby Lewa » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:38 pm

I'm just picturing the Mimians flying in slow motion at this point. Like, inches per minute.
Lewa
Tainted

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:50 pm

X_SapphireDream_X wrote:
Leopardwerecat wrote:Image

If you're also rolling your eyes out of annoyance at this page, I certainly agree with you.

I get the feeling Faen is becoming more and more of a caricature than a real character...same with Kiel, actually.

It's a shame, Faen used to be one of my favourite characters, especially during the child-arc (can I call it like that?).

I mean, yeah, Drow are sexual beings, they bang a lot, okay Kern, we GET the point. Could we now please progress with the story in a more mature way?

The cast of believable and 'realistic' characters is slowly dwindling for me. Right now, I cling to Chrys'tel, who's still the most mature out of all the former 'child cast'.

I know that sex sells, but you know what? Good stories with interesting characters and an intriguing story sell just as well, only to a hopefully less puberescent audience.

Maybe it's just me becoming old, but then, I've never found sex jokes really funny.

I also thought we had a special section on this site for this kind of stuff? Daydream or what was it called? Please keep the smut and sex jokes there....Thanks...

but.. they're teenagers blooming into adults. Faen, being a Sul, is going to react this way to a sex toy. Ariel doesnt even care about sexuality. Your favorite, Chrystel, screwed a Balvhakara boy to get in the miscarriage situation she's in now. Shinae demanded sex from Kio'nel and fucked Gailen to give birth to that stillborn. in case you missed it, Ariel and Faen had sex in Ys.

These are drow, and drow are highly sexual creatures. Sex is going to be part of the equation, whether you like it or not.

But this comic is not even remotely like what you are perceiving. sorry.
Last edited by Dalvyserran on Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Whizzard » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:03 pm

If you are against mature themes in media you consume, then Drowtales REALLY isn't for you.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Though thinking about the three cities:

Is it really the war? Or is it the fact that Ariel is finally visiting the fancy places?
This probably the equivalent of a five star hotel - probably a lot nicer than what the average commoner lives in.
On the other side, there are still fancy places in Chel, and many places were utter shit even before the war (I particularly remember when Ariel's Fallen bodyguards pointed out that while the Sarghress are rather utilitarian by philosophy and necessity, it was a still a massive step up in living conditions for them and many others).
For Naq too, the palaces of the Illhardo were way better than normal (though normal there still seemed better than normal in Chel, at least before the food crisis.)

I'm just picturing the Mimians flying in slow motion at this point. Like, inches per minute.

Like I said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFufoOgCMW8
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Kaiser » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Khora2150 wrote:
Kaiser wrote:Haven't we had enough comedy these past couple pages? This bit just felt sort of unnecessary considering all the other things the space could have been used for. What exactly are the Kavahini doing out there?

Is every post of yours a negative one? The comic updates around 5 times a week, even if 4 of those are filler and one advances the plot, that is still faster than most webcomics out there, given they nearly always have filler too.

I criticize the comic because I like it. My love of DT does not blind me to its faults. The pacing for this chapter as of late could definitely be improved. I understand that we needed some lightheartedness after the execution scene but we've had like five of those now, so it feels like we should done with those and ready to move on. The first panel with Ere'lice was good but the rest of the page feels unnecessary. We can already see that Felde is cut off from the suffering of your average Drow citizen, Ariel doesn't need to tell us. Faen's comedic antics also clash tonally with that very small monologue Ariel is trying to deliver.

It may be negative criticism but it's honest criticism.
Kaiser
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby The14th » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Only Snad would have complimentary fur coats and dildos...
The14th
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age