Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Choose the faction you would want to be part of if you were a drow?

Val of Sharen
6%
Vel of Sharen
3%
Sarghress
17%
Beldrobbaen
11%
Illhar'dro
4%
Vloz'ress
14%
Nal'sarkoth
8%
Kyorl'solenurn
8%
Jaal'darya
8%
Sullissin'rune
8%
Balvhakara
6%
Jie'yen
3%
Nidraa'chal
3%
Kal'yantra
1%
Black sun
1%

Total votes : 272

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Diva threw away the slave collar, and Ariel said nothing. Kyo tried to purchase Diva, and Ariel asked Diva if she wanted to go with Kyo. Ariel treats Diva as a free elf, Diva goes around calling herself free, so most people probably think that she's free, and taking into account that drow don't seem to keep any kind of legal registry or paperwork keeping track of who is a slave or not, if people around you think that you are free, then you are free.

Of course Ariel could claim that Diva is still a slave and re-enslave her, and nobody would give a shit, but Ariel could probably do that to any random commoner she finds by the street. Hell, any random Sarghess soldier could probably try to grab some poor commoner and claim it as a slave, and have a good chance to get away with it.
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Diva threw away the slave collar, and Ariel said nothing. Kyo tried to purchase Diva, and Ariel asked Diva if she wanted to go with Kyo. Ariel treats Diva as a free elf, Diva goes around calling herself free, so most people probably think that she's free, and taking into account that drow don't seem to keep any kind of legal registry or paperwork keeping track of who is a slave or not, if people around you think that you are free, then you are free.

Of course Ariel could claim that Diva is still a slave and re-enslave her, and nobody would give a shit, but Ariel could probably do that to any random commoner she finds by the street. Hell, any random Sarghess soldier could probably try to grab some poor commoner and claim it as a slave, and have a good chance to get away with it.

Diva may not have a slave collar, but she does have a slave's hairdo, ie, short hair. Still, Diva did refer to herself as Ariel's "employee" at least once. It should also be noted that the Sarghress clan IS leading the way in abolishing slavery. Something Ariel and Mel'narch both discussed shortly before the birth of Mel's most recent child.

Although it's not explicitly shown, the clans all do have some form of record keeping regarding who is and is not a slave. Grabbing commoners off the street and enslaving them, without cause, is a big no-no, even amongst the worst clans.Taking the slave of an overseer who was killed in battle, or in self defense, is a different story. The Black Sun mercenaries working for the Sharen had to make up excuses for grabbing commoners to enlist in either the penal colonies or the Sharen's armies. Even the Vloz'res clan, who admit they're the scum of Chel, have yet to be shown grabbing commoners off the streets and enslaving them. Carving a nether gate in their chest on the other hand...
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Sang and Quill have short hair too, and they are high ranked Sarghress.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Lego XBOX » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Actually on-topic…

I would be part of the Sullisin'rune or the Kyorl'solenurn, maybe the Beldrobbaen or Jaal'darya.

Sullisin'rune - Because they are the major Empath clans, and empaths are the best. They also own aaaaaaall the ferals, mostly~

Kyorl'solenurn - Because of their clan structure. The Inquisitors are all empaths, and again, empaths are best~

Beldrobbaen - Because of shadow sorcery, and Waes is just the best Illharess!

Jaal'darya - Bio-engineering! Science! Both awesome.
Lego XBOX
Nether Seed

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby SoulCode » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:42 am

I would be Beld. Used to minding my own business and waiting things out. That and my second favorite color is black n shadows.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Fri May 29, 2015 8:22 am

I would have picked Jaal'Darya for the same reasons Lego XBOX says, except Femi highlighting the bad things that could happen when you've got scientists keeping their projects secret from even their clan leadership. That, and my affinity towards large, well organized armed forces and a leadership that tries to keep the welfare of the commoners in mind leads me to go Sarghress all the way (and Chibi-Quain kicking a hole in the wall of Haltonreibe...I want that book! ;) )
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: Bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the (Mist) Sea

Postby Tath'roosyraen » Sat May 14, 2016 1:36 pm

Vloz'ress all the way, all aboard the party turtle

Interesting how a clan which no longer exists is in second place.
Tath'roosyraen
Tik'tikki

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby partner555 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Tath'roosyraen wrote:Vloz'ress all the way, all aboard the party turtle

Interesting how a clan which no longer exists is in second place.

Well, the poll has been around for a while now. The collapse of the Vloz is comparatively recent.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Erredna » Wed May 18, 2016 3:18 pm

Jaal'darya forever)
But all great clans must be fall!
Last edited by Erredna on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erredna
Nether Seed

Postby Solusandra » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Balvhakara, because who wouldn't want to be Iron Man?
Solusandra
Nether Seed

Postby Cyd » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:57 pm

Would you want to build an IRON MAN !

Same for me Balbha..Balga..ermh one moment

BALVHAKARA, Because they got the technologie, they got the future and they got damn cannon (and chick) :D
Cyd
Nether Seed

Postby MagicSkyshark » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Nothing can compare with the power of Holy Magic SkyShark!!!
Kyorl' forever!
MagicSkyshark
Nether Spawn

Postby Aurawyn » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:54 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Diva may not have a slave collar, but she does have a slave's hairdo, ie, short hair.

Short hair is not a mark of slavery.. As I recall, The very poor sell their hair to make some extra money. Kau'shala(one of Sillice's Sons) had short hair, so does Jiv'kyn, Shinae and Yaeminira, None of them are slaves, just not Val/Vel
Aurawyn
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby IronKaiser » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:14 am

I can't help but want to be a part of the Kyorl. I like the aesthetics of the clan, and how they stand apart from the rest of Chelian society. I like their history, how they saw all the other Drow'ussu being enslaved and came to the logical conclusion that they would have to band together in order to survive in a harsh and cruel underworld where power hungry demagogues and ruthless backstabbing sociopaths are a dime a dozen, and how their lath cousins would not hesitate to sell them all into slavery if the opportunity presented itself. I also acknowledge their more unsavory characteristics, but from what I've seen they're beginning to move past it under their new holy mother. Though they were right all along about most tainted being a threat to Drow society. They probably could have handled the situation better than they did, but hey, when your neighbors take up demon summoning as their new hobby, it pays off to be skeptical.
IronKaiser
Tik'tikki

Postby reefireparrot » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:56 pm

The Illhar'dro, because I like Nega and birds mostly.
reefireparrot
Nether Spawn

Clan: Illhar'dro

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age